Bloke Asking The Club For Air Con In WSU

otk

~(.)(.)~
May 15, 2007
Leg out of the bed
Btw JDDS, I love the joke your sig is the punchline for...Very dark :lolol:

D

Deleted User X18H

Hmm.. Yep. I've just thought about it and as with a lot of other people who sit in WSU think the heat is a bit of a problem. You haven't answered the question though. You're not WSU are you? So you wouldn't know if it's hot or not up there would you?

Feel free to chuck in some patronising bollocks and a smiley but it would be nice to know if you've experienced how hot it is in WSU on match days.

It was just as hot in the West Stand Middle yesterday if you stood by the window. The heat problem might subside soon though. The club have invented something called autumn and this will start in just 11 days from now. What will happen is the earths orbit around the sun will change and the weather will get cooler I think Ken Brown is involved in this. Then about three months later the angle of the suns rays changes again and it will get cooler still. I believe the club will call this winter I think they discussed it at the fans forum along with the household striker.

For March 2012 a Dick Knight working party are devising something to be known as Spring when it will get warmer again so perhaps wear less clothes drink more fluid or JUST STOP MOANING.

Joey Deacon's Disco Suit

It's a THUG life
Apr 19, 2010
So, now it's decided that it is HOT in the concourse on WSU, can [MENTION=3649]hitony[/MENTION] delete his reply and let [MENTION=561]Insider[/MENTION] answer the question posed which was:

Is there no way some ventilation can be sourced in the concourse for the West Stand Upper?

I'm disagreeing with his decision to close the debate. I think it was hot but I'm not deciding it for you. Hitony on the other hand is. That's the difference, surely?

And where do you get the idea that I am asking for air con? They could maybe open a window or two if it's possible (I don't know).

Titus

Come on!
Feb 21, 2010
Up here on the left.
An old man died on the way to a game at Withdean right in front of me, at the top of Tongdean Lane. There are lots of oldies in the WSU. Excuse me for caring.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Why has the mod chosen to get involved on this one? Does not seem an unreasonable enquiry, however it seems anything questioning the club is seen as moaning.

I suspect the reasoning behind not putting air con in was to do with carbon foot prints.
some of the mods do seem a bit overzealous in their need to try and patronise and belittle as many of their fellow Brighton fans as they can.

Of course some posters are just motivated by trying to prove how their stand is the best. :facepalm:

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
And you were there before the game were you? No, so butt out smartarse.

I was, and you are spouting utter drivel. Man up!

Sent from my inbred hatred of all things South London .....HD

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
While it is a bit of an unnecessary moan, I think he was talking about the concourses, not the stand itself.

So am I! Once the sunny, summer days are behind us, the wind will blow in through the openings to our seats, and there won't be the slightest issue. Half a dozen games a season it'll feel a bit hot on the concourses, and as you said, you take your jacket off, and maybe even take your seat.

I reckon a lot of us are still getting a bit too wrapped up, having spent years at Withers. As my old mum would say, there isn't such thing as bad weather, just bad clothing choices.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I'm disagreeing with his decision to close the debate. I think it was hot but I'm not deciding it for you. Hitony on the other hand is. That's the difference, surely?

And where do you get the idea that I am asking for air con? They could maybe open a window or two if it's possible (I don't know).

Why are you having a go at me?

I'm the one agreeing with you!!

edit: and I didn't mention aircon at all!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
After the walk from the Hikers the other night for the Gillingham game, and after scaling the stairs to the WSU, I was sweating like a Norwegian camper.

It'll be alright in a month or so though. Once that wind starts whistling through we'll be shivering our nuts off up there. I'll be shoving my halftime pie down my trollies.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
After the walk from the Hikers the other night for the Gillingham game, and after scaling the stairs to the WSU, I was sweating like a Norwegian camper.

It'll be alright in a month or so though. Once that wind starts whistling through we'll be shivering our nuts off up there. I'll be shoving my halftime pie down my trollies.

It'll make a change from the hot dog you had down there the last time we met.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
It was a hot day in a football stadium, I think thats the end of this discussion.

Give it a break guys (and gals maybe????) we have a new stadium, a brilliant new stadium, lets not go over the top on the requirements and peoples personal wants!! as an ex builder i could comment on the colour of the concrete, but I won't!!! :)

Now all chill out and have fun :)

I arrived fairly early and the temperature was fine in there until about 30- 45 mins before Kick off when it was very noticably hot in the concourse area, I think that it is mainly due to the large number of people in the area and the only ventilation being the smallish passages into the stand. - I stopped watching the Arsenal v Liverpool and went into the stand because it was soo warm. The stand itself was quite warm too which probably didn't help the hot air from the concourse escape and disperse - that said, come the winter and cooler temperatures it might work out better at cooling the WSU concourse areas

I don't think it is an unreasonable question to ask if something could be done to help cool that area down a bit. (eg. ceiling fans to help push hot air out?) Maybe the club can't do anything but it doesn't mean someone is going over the top in their expectations or personal requirements asking about it IMO

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here