Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bloke Asking The Club For Air Con In WSU

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I think you will find that Tom was the one who was heating his kettle, given that it was 100 degrees Celsius, or 212 Farenheit for those of us who are old timers.

Enough to make your blood boil this new stadium, beginning to wish we had stayed at Withdean, at least you could get home on time.

Next time I'm just going naked to keep cool. Couldn't go naked at Withdean now, could I? 1-0 to the Amex.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
And you were there before the game were you? No, so butt out smartarse.

Please stop. You're embarrassing yourself. It might have been a wee bit warm yesterday, but that's yer lot too-hot-moan-wise for the entire season. Looking forward to you being first in line to moan about the lack of WSU central heating in the Winter. :thumbsup:

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
It was very hot & sweaty in wsu concourse yesterday, as it was v donny and spurs. Not sure aircon is the answer but some kind of air movement would help greatly IMO

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
it was much better last season :moo:

PB214140.JPG

Joey Deacon's Disco Suit

It's a THUG life
Apr 19, 2010
Please stop. You're embarrassing yourself. It might have been a wee bit warm yesterday, but that's yer lot too-hot-moan-wise for the entire season. Looking forward to you being first in line to moan about the lack of WSU central heating in the Winter. :thumbsup:

I can confirm that it was too bloody hot in WSU and lots and lots of people were feeling v uncomfortable in the concourse. I went to the N/WSL corner bar after the match where it was lovely and cool. Am I right in thinking that you sit in the North? I seem to recall reading a comment by you alluding to that.

If you haven't experienced the unpleasant heat in the WSU concourse personally then might I suggest to direct your attentions back to your tediously regular Leon Knight he's alright/have you turned it off and on again posts?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
If you haven't experienced the unpleasant heat in the WSU concourse personally then might I suggest to direct your attentions back to your tediously regular Leon Knight he's alright/have you turned it off and on again posts?

Please go and sit in the corner and think about what you just posted :dunce:

Oh and Leon Knight IS alright BTW. The stained glass window in Dick's Bar don't lie :thumbsup:

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
It was a hot day in a football stadium, I think thats the end of this discussion.

Give it a break guys (and gals maybe????) we have a new stadium, a brilliant new stadium, lets not go over the top on the requirements and peoples personal wants!! as an ex builder i could comment on the colour of the concrete, but I won't!!! :)

Now all chill out and have fun :)

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Where's that 'Worthless Without Pics' smiley when you need it? GAH!

If we all just went au naturel in the WSU one day it would certainly lend an interesting new dimension to games :lol:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Where does he say he is asking for Air Con. Totally twisting the question. It was hot up there yesterday but won't be in winter. Can't see the heat causing a fatality though.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
It was very hot & sweaty in wsu concourse yesterday, as it was v donny and spurs. Not sure aircon is the answer but some kind of air movement would help greatly IMO

He's right you know!

Joey Deacon's Disco Suit

It's a THUG life
Apr 19, 2010
Please go and sit in the corner and think about what you just posted :dunce:

Oh and Leon Knight IS alright BTW. The stained glass window in Dick's Bar don't lie :thumbsup:

Hmm.. Yep. I've just thought about it and as with a lot of other people who sit in WSU think the heat is a bit of a problem. You haven't answered the question though. You're not WSU are you? So you wouldn't know if it's hot or not up there would you?

Feel free to chuck in some patronising bollocks and a smiley but it would be nice to know if you've experienced how hot it is in WSU on match days.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
It is very warm up there, even out on the stand. But it's not THAT bad. Like djmiles said, no different to any pub or club or crowded place really. I hope it stays like that in the winter!!

Joey Deacon's Disco Suit

It's a THUG life
Apr 19, 2010
It was a hot day in a football stadium, I think thats the end of this discussion.

Give it a break guys (and gals maybe????) we have a new stadium, a brilliant new stadium, lets not go over the top on the requirements and peoples personal wants!! as an ex builder i could comment on the colour of the concrete, but I won't!!! :)

Now all chill out and have fun :)

Ah. So you've decided that it's not an issue. That's nice.

He didn't ask for air con -- just a bit of air movement up there. Trust me - it did get uncomfortable up there. There's a fair few of us who thought so - it doesn't mean that we are being ungrateful - just asking for a bit of a breeze. But it's not to be. Tony has spoken.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Hmm.. Yep. I've just thought about it and as with a lot of other people who sit in WSU think the heat is a bit of a problem. You haven't answered the question though. You're not WSU are you? So you wouldn't know if it's hot or not up there would you?

Feel free to chuck in some patronising bollocks and a smiley but it would be nice to know if you've experienced how hot it is in WSU on match days.

So, now it's decided that it is HOT in the concourse on WSU, can [MENTION=3649]hitony[/MENTION] delete his reply and let [MENTION=561]Insider[/MENTION] answer the question posed which was:

Is there no way some ventilation can be sourced in the concourse for the West Stand Upper?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

I'm in the North Stand. Lovely shade all game. Great view of the helicopter also thank you for asking :thumbsup: I was quite hot on the bus home. I didn't moan to the bus driver. I dare say those in the East Stand would have been within their rights to demand sunblock from the club. Not heard a peep from them (no change there then... :lol: (only joking)). At the risk of stating the bleeding obvious it's the middle of August. It's going to be a bit warm for one or two games all season. Normally one. Jeez! :rolleyes:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here