Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blayney update

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Im delighted if we get Blayney.
As for Taggart/Keown/West Brom guy again i would be pleased if we signed any of these players, we have Hinsh coming back and the competition for places would then be much better.

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
I've been trying to dig for more information on the defender and have been told they can't reveal anything as it may alert other clubs. In the pub last night I also heard a ridicolous rumour that Dick Knight wants us to sign Zola. I think this is rubbish as he's gone back home to italy and said he was retiring.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
y2dave said:
In the pub last night I also heard a ridicolous rumour that Dick Knight wants us to sign Zola. I think this is rubbish

You are not the only one..........

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
y2dave said:
In the pub last night I also heard a ridicolous rumour that Dick Knight wants us to sign Zola.

He could sort out our striker woes, while we could then snare Baresi as centre back and Maldini as left back. Just think Maldini, Baresi, Butters and Dodd in defence. That would be a combined age of about 700.:)

And up front we could play with three targetmen, Zola, Knight and Robinson. Zola would be the same age as Knight and Robinson combined, and if we stood them on each others shoulders they'd be the combined height of McCammon. :clap2:

Grizz

NSC Patron
Jul 5, 2003
y2dave said:
In the pub last night I also heard a ridicolous rumour that Dick Knight wants us to sign Zola. I think this is rubbish as he's gone back home to italy and said he was retiring.

You gotta admit that would be absolutely awesome. Even at Zola's age he could easily cut it in the championship and his fitness levels are out of this world! I know its all a bit of fantasy and we wont sign him, but wouldn't it be amazing to see a fella of his skill and prowess grace the Stripes. Dream on i know.........

Grizz

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Grizz said:
You gotta admit that would be absolutely awesome. Even at Zola's age he could easily cut it in the championship and his fitness levels are out of this world! I know its all a bit of fantasy and we wont sign him, but wouldn't it be amazing to see a fella of his skill and prowess grace the Stripes. Dream on i know.........

Grizz
I think we should sign PELE. He's probably MUCH fitter than most 60 year olds and his football brain is BOUND to still be there.

Then it's "bye bye McCammon". :wave:

:jester:

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
Could be Taggart. I think he signed a 1 year contact with Stoke last summer so I guess he may now be out of contract?

I would love it to be Dion Dublin cos at least it would be a kind of a replacement for Virgo in that he could play up front or in defence. Very unlikely though!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I reckon Cullip who doesn't seem to have too many choices. Sheff Utd stiffs or Sussex by the Sea, what would you choose?

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
I hadn't considered Cullip as he didn't really fit the description but checked out what he's up to with a mate and it sounds he's on the move somewhere. Heres the email he sent:

Happy days! I saw Danny in the harvester on saturday afternoon. Ben was asking him what he was up to next but he wouldnt say. Ben said he'll wait til his brother Dean is p1ssed and ask him cos he tells him everything!! It would certainly soften the blow of losing Virgs thats for sure!

Yoda

English & European
Gerry Taggert looked twice as fat than when the Tank first joined us (No offence) when we were up at Stoke. He’d need a season to just get fully fit and in shape. He’d probably then retire. :dunce:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Surely, it must be Fish, given the other thread, which backs-up this rumour?...

I really, really hope we land Blayney... that is the gap we absolutely MUST close before Derby...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here