Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blayney update

Dez

Jul 5, 2003
Brighton
Keown? You're having a laugh. He's been useless for 3 years now.

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
I think with Dodds and Butters we will have enough experience in central defence.

I'd rather invest some money in a young lower league defender who is ambitious and keen & who can develop into a decent centre back for the future, rather than top up some old blokes pension fund.

Yes, we're apparently trialling two new central defenders, according to McGhee at the supporters club AGM tonight. One will be "very experienced" and one will be "quite experienced" - the latter presumably being the West Brom guy.

Sorry, I know that adds bugger all to the guessing game :lolol:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Race said:
What makes you think that 'well known' means famous out of contract ex prem players etc, 'well known' could just mean you might 'know of' them!!! If you get what I mean!
FOSTER!

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
London Irish said:
Yes, we're apparently trialling two new central defenders, according to McGhee at the supporters club AGM tonight. One will be "very experienced" and one will be "quite experienced" - the latter presumably being the West Brom guy.

Sorry, I know that adds bugger all to the guessing game :lolol:

Thanks for the input LI.

The guessing game continues!:)

Stumpy Tim

Keown wouldn't be a bad signing, but I think he should be offered a part-time coaching role too. He's played under some incedible coaches & would surely add something to the coaching staff as well as helping out on the pitch

Stoaty Ferret

Jul 11, 2003
Brighton
Looks like we are in the running for Blayney with Wolves going on this mornings Argus report :nono: Looks like he'd be backup to Oakes there though so we do have that in our favour.

My money on the new / old CB is Taggart

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Stoaty Ferret said:
Looks like we are in the running for Blayney with Wolves going on this mornings Argus report :nono: Looks like he'd be backup to Oakes there though so we do have that in our favour.

McGhee said last night that Blayney is desperate to come and play for us :lolol:
He doesn't drive either so going to the Midlands would be awkward for him.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Stoaty Ferret said:

I don't think he'd even be third choice at Wolves! They already have Oakes, Murray and Paul Jones. Although I think Jones and Murray are injured at the moment, so he'd be back up to Oakes.

Surely he'd prefer a good chance of being first team keeper, second choice at worst as opposed to being in a three fight for a place on the bench?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here