Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blayney to sign

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Kuipers was fantastic last yearr when fit. Blayney was great and would be a sound investment. However, 100k when I don't know how much is left worries me. An LB (Mayo can't hack it anymore) and a creative midfielder are absolute musts and Jarrett, no matter how much he lights up the wing in pre-season frienlies is not going to be first team unless he learns to tackle and mark back. Can you imagine Mayo and Jarrett as our left side? We'd be creamed!!!!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
SULLY COULDNT SHOOT said:
Kuipers was fantastic last yearr when fit. Blayney was great and would be a sound investment. However, 100k when I don't know how much is left worries me. An LB (Mayo can't hack it anymore) and a creative midfielder are absolute musts and Jarrett, no matter how much he lights up the wing in pre-season frienlies is not going to be first team unless he learns to tackle and mark back. Can you imagine Mayo and Jarrett as our left side? We'd be creamed!!!!

A decent keeper is even more important than a lb at this stage imo. Kerry can do a reasonable job although I don't think he's up to a season and hope a younger faster player who can hopefully distribute as well as tackle is being lined up. We've no idea when FDM will be back and one of two rookie keepers behind a ,currently, creaking defence as we go into the game at Derby doesn't bear thinking about :ohmy:

Last edited:

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
We need to sign at least one half decent left sided player. I thinking letting Jones go was a mistake this summer as we new we were losing Harding. Fair enough to let Jones go if you have another player lined up to bring in during the summer, but this has not happened for whatever reason.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Saw him a couple of times and he seemed OK,but 100k for Sotons 3rd choice keeper seems a bit heavy.

Do they all know about the Coca Cola Cash,the funny Scottish banknotes,and the two and thruppence 'alfpenny the tribunal will award for wotsisname who went to Leeds?

Anyway,couldn't we do an exchange with the Saints.They've just sold a giant striker so McCammon must interest them!?

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I think Blayney would be an excellent signing.

As for a left back, I wouldn't be surprised to see Dodd there, meaning we must sign another centre half.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Yorkie said:
I think it's great news and there may also be a central defender coming in too

http://www.brightonfans.com/bforum/viewthread.php?tid=6528

Great... Blayney, this guy from the other Albion (assuming he is good enough), and a lb, and we should be able to survive next season...

Then we need to add a creative midfielder and, hey presto, we can achieve mid-table...

Now who's wearing the rose-tinted spectacles!?...

PS. Don't know why MM is so keen to sign Turienzo... we have enough strikers, IMHO... perhaps this means Leon and/or Jake will play as wingers?...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Ernest said:
There is more chance of England winning the next 4 test matches than this bunch of no hopers staying up this season :angry: :angry: :angry:

Stop messing around... what are your honest opinions on Blayney?...

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Ernest said:
There is more chance of England winning the next 4 test matches than this bunch of no hopers staying up this season :angry: :angry: :angry:

That's the trouble with Ernest ... always sitting on the fence

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Albion Dan said:
I think a fit Kuipers will always get the nod if he can get back to his form before the injury. Blayney is a longer term signing and being our no 2 is still better than Saints no3.

I disagree, Mcghee has always had Kuipers as number 2 when he has had the choice to pick between him and another - all be it not very often

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
But really that was only once wasn't it. Roberts was playing when he came in and he kept him there. Don't think Kuipers even played a game for under MM that season. So he never showed what he can do.

Having said that, I think Blayney probably will be our number one. I don't think Kuipers will be fully fit for the start of the season so Blayney will play, and since he's not going to do anything that will warrant him being dropped he'll establish himself as our number 1.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here