Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blayney to sign

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
DÃnN¥ §ëÃGuLL© said:
True, it'd certainly be a gamble. But is it one we can afford to take? £100k could get us the decent young creative midfielder our squad is screaming out for.
We need a quality keeper.........the Colchester result highlights that.

Remember, we got 1.5 million for Virgs and another decent chunk of money to come for Harding, so £100k is not a massive amount on a player as important as the keeper.

Believe me, when we take the field at Pride Park, our team will look strong enough to compete in this division...............i have it on good authority but cannot elaborate for now, so don't ask.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
bakesy said:

Believe me, when we take the field at Pride Park, our team will look strong enough to compete in this division...............i have it on good authority but cannot elaborate for now, so don't ask.

Strong enough? Does this mean we are signing Geoff Capes and Giant Haystacks? That will reduce the Gay chants

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Perhaps we are signing Iron Mike Tyson as well :lolol: :lolol:

RonnieO'Sullivan

Feb 21, 2005

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
We need Blayney, he di well for us and would be a great signing.

I haven't got a problem with spending £100K - if you pay peanuts you get monkeys.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
I really hope this is true. Having a dodgy keeper undermines the whole defence.
Have felt for some time that FDM was not going to make the start of the season.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
bakesy said:
We need a quality keeper.........the Colchester result highlights that.

Remember, we got 1.5 million for Virgs and another decent chunk of money to come for Harding, so £100k is not a massive amount on a player as important as the keeper.

Not another wind-up I hope.

:nono:

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Among the many wise things that Brian Clough said (apart from 'let's have another') were that the two most important positions in any team were Centre Forward and Goalkeeper - in that order. His view was that you should pay the highest wages to these - as one could win you games and the other could stop you losing them.

I completely agree with him, and I think that Blayney will prove to be our best signing this summer.

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
I cant believe some of you CHISLAS!!

You've been moaning for weeks that we have made no decent signings and have not spent anymore money.

Here we are about to sign one of the best young keepers around who we know is not a gamble coz he was superb for us last season,and some of you are f***ing whinging!!!

"100k for a back-up keeper" and all this sort of piss.....f*** OFF you morons:flameboun

Hydro Driven

Nov 1, 2004
Brighton
Jim D said:
Among the many wise things that Brian Clough said (apart from 'let's have another') were that the two most important positions in any team were Centre Forward and Goalkeeper - in that order. His view was that you should pay the highest wages to these - as one could win you games and the other could stop you losing them.

I completely agree with him, and I think that Blayney will prove to be our best signing this summer.

I believe he said centre forward and centre defence!

:p

Hydro Driven

Nov 1, 2004
Brighton
craigo said:
I heard that alan blayney is to sign for the albion from southampton for £100,000

good or bad signing your views.:ohmy:

Great signing if true!

Where did you hear it?

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
100k is a bargain for him

really hope this is true

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Clough definitely said goalkeeper - which is why he bought Peter Shilton for over £1M. He also got us Peter Grummitt - who wasn't bad either.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Scotty M said:
100k is a bargain for him

really hope this is true

Me too. Blayney is by some margin the best keeper I have seen for some years in the blue and white stripes. He commands the respect of the team and instills confidence. Bring him on I say.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here