Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blayney to sign

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
12 months ago I would have probably preferred Roberts to Kuipers in goal but FDM had a great season up until his injury.

Having Blayney and a fit Kuipers in the squad can only be a good thing!

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I cant see beyond blayney as being number 1 for a couple of reasons

1 - money - he would have been on more at soton to be on there bench

2 - every time roberts and kuipers were fit mcghee picker roberts

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
He'll do for me. We can't rely on someone who lets in five against Colchester.

thedeadone

Jan 17, 2005
West Sussex
I think he will be a great purchase but will the albion be able to keep a keeper as good a Kuipers as a reserve?.

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
I hope this is true. We really need two decent keepers at the club at his level. Kuipers fitness could be questionable for a few months yet, and I can't see him being anywhere near fit for the start of the season. If Blaney costs £100K then I would see it as a great price for a decent keeper.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
thedeadone said:
I think he will be a great purchase but will the albion be able to keep a keeper as good a Kuipers as a reserve?.

he was to roberts for the majority of 2003-2004, when he was fit that is

Woodingdean Gull

Jul 7, 2003
Woodingdean, Brighton
Assuming that this happens to be true, then IMHO, this is an ecxellent position to be in. I don't think anyone will disagree that FDM is a great stopper but he does have his failings, mainly clearances, (still), and command in the six yard box. At this level, we'll get punished for those deficiencies.
Blaney seems to excell in all areas, and he certainly lets the back four know when he's around.
I just hope that this is true and Blaney does become our number one with FDM battling to get that position back. :clap2:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
KinkyGoebels said:
I cant see beyond blayney as being number 1 for a couple of reasons

1 - money - he would have been on more at soton to be on there bench

2 - every time roberts and kuipers were fit mcghee picker roberts

The first one I disagree with, he came through the yoof team so was probably on low wages, and all Southampton players had a clause saying if they got relegated they took a pay cut (30% I think). So he wouldn't be on great money.
Also he likely wouldn't be on the bench, Niemi and Smith are both ahead of him.

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
i have got absolutely nothing against kuipers as a keeper, i think he was in the form of his life before he got injured this year. if he comes back the same player then IMHO he should be played ahead of blayney. blayney is very solid, but for me, kuipers has got more of a spark about him. weird thing to say about a keeper, but thats just my opinion...

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I think a fit Kuipers will always get the nod if he can get back to his form before the injury. Blayney is a longer term signing and being our no 2 is still better than Saints no3.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
thedeadone said:

Lets remember FDM is still injured and a long way off first choice ..i think he's prority will be to get fit first before throwing a wobbler about not being first choice !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here