Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blackpool Opinion on the Stadium

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
After Gillingham and Withdean this is like Wembley to us so who cares what other think if they don't like it don't come as we will have plenty of home support so their few pounds wont make or break us.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
BG has a point about the Harveys to be fair to him.

I'd be surprised if Harveys continue to let their brand be tarnished by the football club.

We went out just before half time and went to the first mobile kiosk to be encountered by 2 lads who couldn't have been much older than 18 with a mallet treating the barrel like a test your strength game at a fair ground. So we thought we'd try the one from what I assume were supposed to be the betting kiosk. 3 of us had a pint all 3 of us struggled to drink it and spent the second half feeling like crap.

There is a good reason you don't get real ale at football grounds and sadly it's an experiment that hasn't worked.

Boris Yeltsin

MR PRESIDENT to you, mate
Feb 13, 2008
Moscow
The concensus from the Blackpool fans was fixed. It was not a resounding WOW infact I would say a little dissapointing. People described it as a lego pack , unfinished, underwhelming inside and the outside flattering to deceive and the north stand as pathetic. I know the Palace fans think it is shit but that is to be expected. To me it is the best ground in the World but I have not been to that many of the best premier / championship grounds so I do not know how good it really is. Can anyone enlighten me as to how good our stadium is ?.

It does feel a bit unfinished, too much grey wall showing.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009

I'd be surprised if Harveys continue to let their brand be tarnished by the football club.

We went out just before half time and went to the first mobile kiosk to be encountered by 2 lads who couldn't have been much older than 18 with a mallet treating the barrel like a test your strength game at a fair ground. So we thought we'd try the one from what I assume were supposed to be the betting kiosk. 3 of us had a pint all 3 of us struggled to drink it and spent the second half feeling like crap.

There is a good reason you don't get real ale at football grounds and sadly it's an experiment that hasn't worked.

Rubbish. It's an experiment that has worked, judging the by the sales. For the most part the pints I've had have been very good. I'm overjoyed to actually have a pint of Harveys at the ground. Agreed not every pint will be perfect and a bad one may well put you off, but for me the experience has been more good than bad.

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003

7200 pints of H. sold v Doncaster would suggest the exact opposite

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009

Nothing like a bit of hyperbole, one bad experience and the 'experiment' has failed. Well, might as well give up now despite selling out in most concourses?

Falmer Flutter ©

Feb 18, 2004
Petts Wood
At the Amex I've had Harvey's in Dick's, WSU, North Stand main refreshment kiosk, beer and pie kiosk and several mobile kiosks, and haven't had a bad pint yet. Seems to be working for me.

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
It does feel a bit unfinished, too much grey wall showing.

It essentially is unfinished, it has been designed to accomodate 8000 more seats which includes a whole other tiercon east stand and all corners filled. Im sure the club has fully intended all along to install all the extra seats. Will look absolutely amazing when done im sure, hopefully by this time next year no?

kip

Aug 2, 2011
Well that's not what I was told by the head brewer when I went on a Harveys training course and they don't serve it with any hear at the brewery tap :shrug:
It doesn't matter if it has a head or not it should still stick to the side of the glass but this is more to do with the glasses than the quality of the beer. Often the chemicals in modern dish washers leave a residue in the glass which turns the beer flat. There are products that can clean this residue off such as 'renovate', they strip the glass back to it's original condition. If you went on a training course you should know how important this is for a good pint. Obviously at the amex they are plastic glasses but I just wanted to make the point.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales

Although I don't know for sure, the Harveys being sold at the stadium is almost certainly 'bright', you could throw the cask down the WSU stairs and the beer would still be the same. Needs to be served with a sparkler though really.

pompeydel

May 27, 2004
West Sussex
Harveys in the East Stand was lovely which is more that can be said for the pint i had in the Royal Standard prior to the match...:nono:

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Rubbish. It's an experiment that has worked, judging the by the sales. For the most part the pints I've had have been very good. I'm overjoyed to actually have a pint of Harveys at the ground. Agreed not every pint will be perfect and a bad one may well put you off, but for me the experience has been more good than bad.

The 2 pints I had at half time against Donny were crap but didn't make me feel like shite for the second half. Went for it again as it's easier to get served. Won't be making that mistake again though.

7200 pints of H. sold v Doncaster would suggest the exact opposite

First game, lets see how many people are still bothering come Christmas.

Nothing like a bit of hyperbole, one bad experience and the 'experiment' has failed. Well, might as well give up now despite selling out in most concourses?

As above. Sure there will be the divvies who will drink it because a) it's from Sussex and everything I eat and drink has to be from Sussex b) because it's real ale and such a novelty to have it at a football ground c) the club get everything right and I will drink what ever they tell me too!

Scampi

One of the Three
Jun 10, 2009
Denton
That's the point. If you get it from the mobile stands its poured while you wait, and isn't waiting around already poured going flat at one of the big serveries that also sell pies etc.

But it wasn't fizzy, it was virtually flat. The waiting is irrelevent, so no, its not the point.

Boris Yeltsin

MR PRESIDENT to you, mate
Feb 13, 2008
Moscow
What guest beers will be at the ground tomorrow? This really sets us apart from all other clubs so I hope we get some local north east beer rather than just not bother as against Blackpool.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

It's people like you who take cr*p pints thay cause the quality to go down. You can tell by looking at it if it's ok or not... If it isn't then hand it back. For the record I've so far had four pints of Harveys at 3 different matches and they've all been spot on... and I'm very fussy about my Harveys.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I think it seems better to us because of where we came from what we went through to get it. To everyone else it probably seems like just another new stadium.

Who cares, we're the ones who matter.
Spot on. I do feel the stadium will be better received when the extra seats are put it! There is no hiding the fact that when you approach the Amex it looks immense, and to us lot the inside is too. But I could imagine being an away fan and getting inside to be greeted by the tiny north stand & unfinished east, to us it's lovely but to them looks silly! I expect people will be really impressed when the 2nd tier goes up and the 4 corners go in because that will look stunning!

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
It's people like you who take cr*p pints thay cause the quality to go down. You can tell by looking at it if it's ok or not... If it isn't then hand it back. For the record I've so far had four pints of Harveys at 3 different matches and they've all been spot on... and I'm very fussy about my Harveys.

No you can't. The pint I had on Saturday looked good and in fact much better than the two I had against Donny. Yet unlike the lifeless two I had against Donny this one was a struggle to drink and made 3 of us feel like crap 20 minutes into the second half.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
To all those complaining about the beer at falmer... if you don't like it then great, that leaves more for the 20,000 of us who do and are loving it! some people are never happy.

i sometimes wonder if these people moaning are actually attending matches at falmer. moaning about the trains, car parks, beers, pies, ticket prices, basically everything... but everybody i chat to at the ground or in town before or after the match, or when traveling to or from the match, looks like a kid in a bloody sweetshop having a whale of a time and loving every minute of their football trip.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here