Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blackpool Opinion on the Stadium

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Nice to see that the Blackpool fans had very positive things to say about the Amex. Much more complimentary than the Donny fans. Have to agree with them about the PA; I cringe every time he says 'here we go'. Wish he'd just shut it and let us ramp up the atmosphere.

I personally had a fantastic day - a different but equally outstanding experience as the Donny game. Roll on Tuesday. :D

Surport Local Team

Jan 5, 2011
The Blackpool game was a low risk game and therefore had far fewer Police on duty there than if we were playing a high risk game against the likes of Palace or whoever where the Police numbers will be much higher, they could also keep their fans in after the game and allow the crowd to disperse before letting them out as is common practice. However I'm sure that at Withdean fans of teams like Millwall were let out at the same time as us in the past without any problems, the days of mindless thuggery outside of grounds are preety much gone (a lot of which is down to CCTV)

there will be higher numbers of police for the likes of west ham, millwall etc. Also the away fans have to book their seat with their club so r on there register. allot will be season tickets holders (west ham for example will all be season ticket holders coming away to amex IMHO) if they fight etc they will loss their season ticket and be banned. not saying trouble wont happen but it is not the same as 20 years ago.

When I went up the steps by the away end there were 6 police officers there. That was about 10 minutes after the final whistle. Having said that the Blackpool fans were very nice and had a good chat with them in the P & R q.
I was supervising my minibus operations in the coach park after the game. There was a group of Blackpool fans piling into their own minibus, all slightly the worse for wear - as indeed I am when I go to away games as a passenger in a minibus. Chants of "Two-nil and you f***ed it up" came booming out in my direction. A couple of women police officers started to move towards them, only for me to intervene and say - with all the authority of a minibus operations supervisor - "Leave it, they'll be gone in two minutes". And they were.

I also passed on the information to the Blackpool supporters that, over the years, I've seen the Albion f*** up much more than a two-nil lead. They seemed to understand that.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Lush

Mods' Pet
Some of the other threads re yesterdays match on that forum are also worth a read. I particularly liked this comment (no opportunity to leave positive rep tho :()

"We've brought in several players we don't need, yet are short in certain areas. I think more discipline is required in the way we sign players, buy less but buy the right quality in the positions we need it. Is that too logical? We seem to go bargain shopping and buy whatever happens to look like a bargain. If you run out of bog roll and head to the shop, and come back with toothpaste, a pack of ten blank videos and a new razor with no blades, you still have nowt to wipe your arse with."

:D

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
90% of pubs that serve real ale have a very small gas supply going into the top of the cask this doesn't make it dispense like keg beer but keeps it from going flat for a longer period of time and is dispensed through normal beer engines. Even the majority of beer buffs wouldn't realize that the pub was using it but the ones that don't use it are those that have a vast turn over and sell more than a cask, of whatever size once it it opened, inside 3 days. Any how enough of beer education I just don't think the Harveys looks very good but if people like it and want to buy it who am I to begrudge them.

The Harveys on offer at the ground will be from new barrels supplied directly by Harveys, why would they need to add gas to prolong the lifespan?? It is stored and poured from the same kiosk as you buy on the higher levels of the West Stand it so doesn't need gas to help it reach the higher levels, so again no need to use gas.

There arn't dozens of pre poured pints sitting about for ages, waiting, before being sold as usually they are struggling to keep up with demand (especially at half time) and the turn over of these pre poured drinks are usually very quick. If they were to pour only as they were being ordered they wouldn't be able to cope with the demand (as discovered at the SSCF) so its a necessity really

Those that actually drink it seem happy with the quality and seeing we had nothing like this at Withdean it is a massive improvement on what we used to have

If you wanted a place to moan about the standard of beer served before a game you should have tried the Good Companions pub in Portsmouth - looked watered down and was pretty vile imo.

What are you on about? The Harveys at the stadium is almost PERFECT in terms of temperature and flavour, and better than most if not all the pubs in Brighton (and certainly the 3 Harveys tied houses). It's definitely comparable with that at the John Harvey tavern and is supposed to be flat and headless.
The JHT serves a lot of its Harveys from barrels stacked behind the bar. I guess this is all part of the "brewery tap" thing. Personally, I find that a better pint is to be had down the road at the Gardeners, where the cellarman really knows what he's doing.

Yes, there will be variations in the quality of the final product when it's a live thing like real ale. That's the point. The supreme pint won't be available everywhere. But my experience of the Amex Harveys has been very positive.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
I'm a big Harveys fan and had been expecting the pints poured at the stadium to be substandard HOWEVER I can honestly say I've been impressed with every pint I've bought there at the three games I've so far attended.

I'd actually say that it is better than the Harveys on offer in many local boozers around town. Whether this is because they sell so much of it, meaning it is always very fresh, I don't know. But it does me a treat and I've not heard one complaint about it, aside from BG - who doesn't even drink it anyway.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
I'm a big Harveys fan and had been expecting the pints poured at the stadium to be substandard HOWEVER I can honestly say I've been impressed with every pint I've bought there at the three games I've so far attended.

I'd actually say that it is better than the Harveys on offer in many local boozers around town. Whether this is because they sell so much of it, meaning it is always very fresh, I don't know. But it does me a treat and I've not heard one complaint about it, aside from BG - who doesn't even drink it anyway.
It could also be because most pubs gas lift it (according to BG). :lolol:

In reality it maybe due to the freshness of the pint, and it's not sat in the lines for a couple of hours before yours got pulled.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Completely wrong the head on a good pint will always hang onto the side of the glass as it is drunk, ask any expert or brewer.

Well that's not what I was told by the head brewer when I went on a Harveys training course and they don't serve it with any hear at the brewery tap :shrug:

Rocky Robin

Nov 15, 2010
We were the bus at 17:10 it left the car park at 17:16 and was back in the pub in Shoreham at 17:44. At 20:00 3 Blackpool fans came in and told us about their day! They loved the stadium, loved the pies and beer, they admitted they were lucky but give KP a chance and he will punish!. They couldn't hear the NORTH STAND! most of the time. They also said the trains at Brighton need sorting. they were there an hour. They said when the teams who get a lot coming down via trains that will be murder and probably where it will kick off!
They were on a high an overall loved it! one said if we could have a new stadium it would be the AMEX!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I'd imagine the Harveys being sold at the stadium is bright beer, perhaps they could use a sparkler when they pour it, although I guess that may cause a bit of waste with the froth it produces. Flat real ale isn't really a big problem though, and the punters are obviously enjoying it.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I also passed on the information to the Blackpool supporters that, over the years, I've seen the Albion f*** up much more than a two-nil lead. They seemed to understand that.

Having plunged similar depths as the Albion I am sure that they will have experienced far worse!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here