Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bit late now but question about the disabled section at Withdean.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Very dangerous all these assumptions do we assume they have provided facilities for the junior seagulls groups who must be pushing 10,000 in number,Do we assume they are treating people who have served us well at withdean like shirt sponsors,hospitality providers,alot of people have served a purpose and been spat out in this brave new world,while most have stood by and gawped at a shiny new stadium,so the real ale drinking mafia have their bar,not likely to sit in there with the kids,no need to go corp,so its the overpriced over cooked outside the lavs concourse for me and the kids,at least i'm not the only one getting shafted! morning all

I think that comment is pretty unfair, I don't see too many people being shafted at the stadium at all. There are some serious questions to be answered about the provisions for disabled supporters but the rest of us have been treated very well.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
:facepalm: yes you are right all is well in paradise:moo:

it's not to shabby from where I'm looking. It's seems that some people are just looking for an excuse to have a pop at the club. The disabled supporters have a genuine grievance that deserves a proper response but all the other fears generated by the +3's and ticket availabilty hysteria etc have proved unfounded. With us pushing for promotion and seats finally being sold at the Amex we have every reason to be excited about the future. if you cannot enjoy Albion life at the moment then you are really going to struggle in the future.

Uwinsc

Aug 14, 2010
Horsham
it's not to shabby from where I'm looking. It's seems that some people are just looking for an excuse to have a pop at the club. The disabled supporters have a genuine grievance that deserves a proper response but all the other fears generated by the +3's and ticket availabilty hysteria etc have proved unfounded. With us pushing for promotion and seats finally being sold at the Amex we have every reason to be excited about the future. if you cannot enjoy Albion life at the moment then you are really going to struggle in the future.

Agree. I'm a bit irritated that i'm probably going to find it difficult to get a seat but I know that's not the clubs fault-it's because things are so good at the moment and I know I will get a chance to go at some point. The real issue that we have discovered with disabled facilites is another matter.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Yes lets stick the disabled supporters issue on this thread please.

They have in my view been the one group of supporters that have been let down by the club. I accept that BODS are still talking to the club but I also suspect that all this will do will ease their concerns over parking, the club are not going to change their plans re seating at this late stage.

Sadly I think this issue needed to be highlighted to us all much earlier, as the club have got away with reducing the number of raised seating areas dramatically from when they first made the proposals.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
In the opinion of those that have been to the presentations is it feasible to try and get the elevated disabled viewing moved from the south corner to the north-west corner as an interim measure?

Would any disabled fans reading this want that as a temporary compromise? My thinking is that at least that way the disabled fans will be surrounded on both sides by fellow Albion fans.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
In the opinion of those that have been to the presentations is it feasible to try and get the elevated disabled viewing moved from the south corner to the north-west corner as an interim measure?

Would any disabled fans reading this want that as a temporary compromise? My thinking is that at least that way the disabled fans will be surrounded on both sides by fellow Albion fans.

Good question. Difficult to tell from the presentation I attended, but maybe someone who is yet to attend a presentation could ask. I find it odd that the main elevated section is next to the away fans.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005

That would certainly seem like a step in the right direction if compromise is needed.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I was surprised by placing the disabled fans next to the away fans too.

Seeing as the majority of Albion fans will be in the north and west stands it will be easier for friends to mingle before, during and after the game too, if they wanted. Just thinking about comments from some disabled folk on this thread and also family and carers who wanted to be around them.

Last edited:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
really surprised that Insider has specifically chosen not to respond on ATC.

I suspect that may reflect the club's view on integration of disabled customers and if so I think it may become more than a parochial issue

Shanker45

Jan 19, 2010
East Preston,West Sussex

My Brother would accept this as an option if they also sorted the parking out.

Are they using the main area for the elevated viewing in the South Corner so it's shared with the Away fans?

yes sorry,i do understand how lucky we are,sorry sir sorry:moo::moo::moo::moo::moo::moo::moo::moo::moo::moo::moo::moo::moo::moo::moo::moo::moo::moo::moo::moo::moo::moo::moo::moo::moo::moo:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
really surprised that Insider has specifically chosen not to respond on ATC.

I suspect that may reflect the club's view on integration of disabled customers and if so I think it may become more than a parochial issue

Insider SHOULD at least post a "holding" response which SHOULD say something like an official response will follow shortly.

It doesnt take much. Having said that like others have said Im damn sure that the club are aware of this issue.

tinytears

Feb 5, 2010
My Brother would accept this as an option if they also sorted the parking out.

Are they using the main area for the elevated viewing in the South Corner so it's shared with the Away fans?

No. The away fans have a raised viewing area in the southstand . Also at pitch level.

saslowi

Feb 2, 2009
Attila has had a response from Martin Perry.

Copied from the other thread:-

Had a very speedy reply back from MP.
John
We are looking into the disabled issue but need to research this a bit before we respond – I will send a holding response today.
As I say, email me stuff and I'll speak to Richard on Tuesday.

Uwinsc

Aug 14, 2010
Horsham
Having thought about this again being next to the away fans certainly really worries me- if I was to take my godson I would have to seriously check in to which teams were playing etc. I have to be extra careful of any aggro because he is not my own child and also he is quite sensitive about anything that might be said by a drunk fan trying to wind-up the opposition and finding disabled fans the nearest.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here