Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bit late now but question about the disabled section at Withdean.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Reasons for pitchside seating:-

These were provided because we are aware that a number of wheelchair users prefer
pitch side viewing. We note that more than half of the wheelchair users that have
already booked their seats have chosen these locations. In addition to this, prior
to putting the season tickets on sale, we deliberately reserved the seats in the
rows immediately behind these wheelchair areas so that families and friends of
wheelchair users could all sit together.

There have been no complaints or comments to our
sales staff from supporters who have been in to purchase their tickets. In simple
terms some people like to be pitch side and we have made provision for them.

Anybody know if the roof extends far enough to keep pitch side spectators under cover if it rains?

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
:bounce::bounce:
Just checked out the views for the disabled on the virtual thread. Not very impressive. Can someone post the views from the thread? Just spent 30mins trying, but am unable!

View from the north obviously includes getting very wet when it rains.

View from the south does not seem much better, although you do get the added bonus of sittng next to the away fans on your own.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
That all sounds pretty reasonable to me. Anyone still unhappy with that??

Yes, although it doesn't directly affect me any more.

More should have been done to offer integrate disabled areas with able bodied fans. If my dad was still alive that's definitely what he would have wanted rather than be segregated off in a "special zone".

Still appears to me to have been a process of where do we put the disabled supporters, rather than let's build the stadium with that in mind.

Imagine an office where they all had a special room ?

Sorry, very much filed under could do better.

I'm not surprised people don't complain - generally people accept what they are given - although I'm perhaps guilty there of speaking for other people.

Possibly those pitchside have taken the opportunity to be near the able bodied fans, something they have been deprived off for years at the current stadium.

Last edited:

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
:bounce::bounce:
Just checked out the views for the disabled on the virtual thread. Not very impressive. Can someone post the views from the thread? Just spent 30mins trying, but am unable!

View from the north obviously includes getting very wet when it rains.

View from the south does not seem much better, although you do get the added bonus of sittng next to the away fans on your own.

You wont get wet in the North, maybeif you're right at the front and the wind is coming at you. But here is the disabled view...

10-Feb-11 07.09.jpg
10-Feb-11 07.11.jpg

libra-gully

Jan 26, 2011
You wont get wet in the North, maybeif you're right at the front and the wind is coming at you. But here is the disabled view...

View attachment 21600
View attachment 21601

So if we are lucky, disabled supporters may not get wet. If you do, be careful not to have an illness that may be worsened by adverse weather conditions.

We also get to have crappy views, and for this we are being asked to pay the same as able bodied folk.

Nobody has yet to address, how many of us will get to Falmer. Without sufficient blue badge parking, the porspect of jumping on a passing minibus is absurd.

The clock is ticking and yet so many issues relating to disabled supporters remain unresolved.

Still there is only roughly 100 of us in a crowd of 22500, clearly our voice is not loud enough, and does not count in the scheme of things.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here