Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

billy sharp

SeagullTim

Boomer Sooner
Apr 22, 2006
Brighton
Saw him looking at the people in D/E Block and they started getting really angry.

Also, did anyone see what happened after the guy got sent off? My seats in East Stand didn't provide me with a very good view :angry:

Aswell as that, as soon as they scored number 15 and number 7 were just pointing at the albion fans in the north stand and punching the air :censored:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Seagull_tim said:
Also, did anyone see what happened after the guy got sent off?

Adam El-Abd went down like a sack of shit clutching his face. Not for the first time either. Please stop it Adam.:nono:

fork me

I have changed this
Oct 22, 2003
Gate 3, Limassol, Cyprus
Seagull_tim said:

Also, did anyone see what happened after the guy got sent off? My seats in East Stand didn't provide me with a very good view :angry:

He lamped a Brighton player, couldn't see who though (I was in D Block). Then he went and sat in the dug out instead of leaving the pitch. A tosser of the first order.

...and as for Billy Sharp, he IS a wanker. The song never held more true.

Lovely bit near the end though, one of their corners. Sharp pushed El-Adb while getting into position. As soon as the kick was taken, El-Abd just knocked the tosser over. Nice!

We should have won today, far too many good chances not taken. Could've been 3 or 4 nil.

Fork Me

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
pasty said:
Adam El-Abd went down like a sack of shit clutching his face. Not for the first time either. Please stop it Adam.:nono:

Hear, hear. Embarrassing.

As far as Billy Sharp was concerned, he would have been more of a threat if he hadn't got so upset with the ref, the world and everyone. Stupid little prat

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
pasty said:

Becoming very embarrasing all round this. Seriously though if he carries this on I would rather he left the club.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
If I was the Scunthore manager I would be really pissed off. If they put half the energy they put into whining into playing they would be a lot better. Nastiest, whiniest bunch of tossers I've seen for a long time.

scooter1

How soon is now?
The player who got sent off then aimed a kind of flicky type slap and caught El Abd who went down far too easily.
Give the guy who got sent off his dues, the ref pointed to him to towards the dug out and not towards the dressing room. I guess at most grounds the entrance to the tunnel is between the dug outs......
Should have won today, how they kept thos 2 off the line out is beyond me.
And agreed, Billy Sharp was a whingeing little twat!!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Billy Sharp was BY FAR the whingeingest little git ever seen at Withdean, ever from the point in the first half where he thought the lino should have given him a decision but didn't. Yapped constantly from that point on, at the ref, at the lino, at his own bench. Manager should have hauled him off and told him to grow up.

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
Last week, when they played Forest at home, the commentator on Talksport was getting really annoyed with the constant diving and whinging by the Scunnie players....and that was in the first half!

Seems strange that a team that is top of the league resorts to these tactics :nono:

Never liked Scunnie, went there on my birthday about 5 years ago on a midweek, and we lost 2-0 and were abject!!! Waste of a bloody birthday that was :nono:

1066gull

No. 7 Sparrow got sent off, than pushed his hand in to El-Abd's face with pure intent, but El-Abd acted a cock and dived so bad it was like a jump to the ground.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Can't remember seeing a team quite so arrogant that they felt they deserved to get every decision on the basis that they were top and that's how it should be!

Were we that arsey when we were in the same position?

I do recall Scunny coming down here when we won the league in 2002 and they produced the most boring display i've ever seen at a match

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
I may be alone here and obviously I would find El-Abd's antics infuriating if I supported someone else but I actually find them quite amusing and don't mind him getting opposition players into trouble. Keep it up Adam!

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
scooter1 said:
Give the guy who got sent off his dues, the ref pointed to him to towards the dug out and not towards the dressing room. I guess at most grounds the entrance to the tunnel is between the dug outs......

At the time i thought it was a bit silly that the ref pointed to the bench, as he must know where the changeing rooms were having been near them beore and during half time of the match

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
El Turi said:
I may be alone here and obviously I would find El-Abd's antics infuriating if I supported someone else but I actually find them quite amusing and don't mind him getting opposition players into trouble. Keep it up Adam!

Despite what those wearing rose coloured specs might think gamesmanship is part & parcel of the modern game,El - Abd is becoming very good at winding up the opposition & if they do strike out, however hard, he's done his job well. I thought that along with Bertin he was the best player on the pitch today wether he went down a bit easy or not.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
the wanderbus said:
Despite what those wearing rose coloured specs might think gamesmanship is part & parcel of the modern game,El - Abd is becoming very good at winding up the opposition & if they do strike out, however hard, he's done his job well. I thought that along with Bertin he was the best player on the pitch today wether he went down a bit easy or not.

:drink: :drink: :drink:

if players raise their hands its fair game imho.

Superfreds Mullet

Where's Nogbad?
Mar 6, 2007
Walking on the Moon
After today we now know who put the c**t in Scunthorpe. I thought my children whined a lot but they are angels compared to Billy Sharp-not a good example for youngsters who came to see a much lauded goalscorer.He just kept on throwing his toys out of his pram for every little nudge from Adam El-Abd. Instead of using his obvious skills such as speed and the awareness of spotting the gaps he spent the time moaning at the ref but as he wouldn't listen took it out on the crowd. Our star strikers of the past such as Ward and Zamora never had to resort to such childish behaviour.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Funny because does anyone remember playing Scunthorpe a few years ago at Withdean when i think Brian Laws was manager.If i remember the score was 0-0 and they were just the same then.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here