Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

billy sharp

the Realist

Feb 5, 2006
BensGrandad said:
He couldnt have got booked for that as it i s an automatic Red Card if you slap or even gesture to slap somebody. This incident happned just after he had been booked and as somebody else posted ealier he wasd suprised that Cox wasnt sent off.

Can only assume that he was booked for something he said to the ref at the time of the free kick.

As Icy Gull said - it was for trying to gain an unfair advantage by taking the free-kick before the referee blew his whistle.

You can either take them quick, or you wait for the ref. You can't choose to wait for the ref and then change your mind and play it quick.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
countrygull said:
Acknowledging those who saw the incident more clearly than I did, from the family stand the swing at one AeA looked really nasty - and I wasn't surprised he went down - and was expecting another red card. However, as you may be aware, the family stand is approx 3 miles from the pitch and I didn't have my binoculars.
I thought the ref did give him a second red, but I may have been mistaken.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Monkster said:
What did you think of Beckford?

Saw the goal yesterday and he moved more in that build up than he did in 4 loan games for us

how did hUdds play at your place on saturday?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Monkster said:
What did you think of Beckford?

Saw the goal yesterday and he moved more in that build up than he did in 4 loan games for us
Looked a good player but tended to shoot on sight, didn't really link up that well with Sharp and his other team mates I thought but when you can score the goals that he has for them that's not too much of a problem.

Monkster

Ragamuffin
Jul 7, 2003
The Token Carlisle United Fan
Dave the Gaffer said:
how did hUdds play at your place on saturday?

I only go to BIG games being based down here:D

From the reports, looks like it was a pretty even game not helped by the conditions.....Beckett was a wan*er as usual....Glennon (legend) gave us a goal & the sending off was, well, deserved after watching the championship.......Still the lad we've got on loan from blackburn (Joe garner) is gonna be a great player in a couple of years time....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here