Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

billy sharp

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Barry Hazgon said:
As far as Billy Sharp was concerned, he would have been more of a threat if he hadn't got so upset with the ref, the world and everyone. Stupid little prat
To be fair I think PART of the reason he was looking like this:

baby_crying_closeup.jpg

Was because he was LODGED so FIRMLY inside Joel Lynch's POCKET. :bowdown:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
the wanderbus said:
Despite what those wearing rose coloured specs might think gamesmanship is part & parcel of the modern game,El - Abd is becoming very good at winding up the opposition & if they do strike out, however hard, he's done his job well. I thought that along with Bertin he was the best player on the pitch today wether he went down a bit easy or not.
There's nothing wrong with winding up the opposition, and Adam is adept at it. BUT you don't have to go down like a sack of shit when anyone touches you to do it. And has it ever got anyone sent off or even booked? No. Despite the fact they've usually hit him in the face. :lolol:

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
the fellow got sent off for going over the top on gatts. he caught him around the kneecap

adammicheal

Jan 3, 2006
Im the 2nd half i thought Cox was lucky not to get sent off when we got the free kick just outside their box and 1 of their players stood in front of him as he was going to take it, cox slapped him

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
2005100600390930.jpg

"Moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan Moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan Moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan Moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan Moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan Moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan Moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan Moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan Moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moanMoan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan Moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan Moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan Moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moanMoan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan Moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan Moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan "

Nearly fell off my seat laughing when TLO shouted out (in perfect Kevin & Perry voice)

"God I HATE you ref, it's SO UNFAIR"

or something like that

:lolol:

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Sharp took time out to go over to the linesman to moan,
then to the ref to moan, then a long trot over to the 4th official to moan, and he still didnt get booked!

He did get a booking for a dodgy challenge from what i remember, so deserved to get sent off!

They didnt look like a top of the table team, and why is it that is you think you have are the best player at the club, you have to pull your socks over your nkee caps - you look like a twat Mr Sharp!

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I thought the ref booked him for taking the piss at his own free kick.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
dougdeep said:
I thought the ref booked him for taking the piss at his own free kick.

Yep.. he got booked for what Rooney got booked for.. mocking applause

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
mendoza10 said:
ah yes, my memory was abit hazy yesterday

what did cox get booked for? it looked like he got booked for taking a free kick too quickly?
Apparently he tapped the Scunny's player's cheek (pretend slapped face) for hovering over the ball when he was going to take the free kick.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
mendoza10 said:
ah yes, my memory was abit hazy yesterday

what did cox get booked for? it looked like he got booked for taking a free kick too quickly?

Taking the free kick before the ref had blown his whistle. par for the course from a very fussy ref who loved blowing his whistle.

How old was the ref btw, looked well past retirement age to me

Last edited:

scooter1 said:
The player who got sent off then aimed a kind of flicky type slap and caught El Abd who went down far too easily.
Give the guy who got sent off his dues, the ref pointed to him to towards the dug out and not towards the dressing room. I guess at most grounds the entrance to the tunnel is between the dug outs......
Should have won today, how they kept thos 2 off the line out is beyond me.
And agreed, Billy Sharp was a whingeing little twat!!

The only weapon of retaliation a SMART player has, after taking physical aggression from an opponent, is to play it up when he's a victim!

What would NSC be saying if AeA turned back and punched the players??
(edit; and suffers disciplinary action for most of the season as well as possible replacement!)
He gets attention because he looks the part and stands up, gets stuck in and is a brave uncompromising player. Oppositions want to work him over, they THINK he's the sort who will react and get himself in trouble!

Adam el-Abd is a great player, and if he went down like a sack o' spuds RATHER than get hairy with some TWATTWATTWAT, then I take my hat off to him, and his manager should be proud of him too.

:bowdown: :clap2:

Last edited:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Adam El-Abd used to react but has overcome that. He doesn't have to play act especially when the player was walking anyway due to a horrendous tackle on Gatts.

Golden Oldie

Feb 10, 2004
I was a bit surprised that nothing was done about the push on El Abd, as the Linesman came on the pitch as soon as it happened, having apparently seen something.

As for Sharp, it was nice to hear the crowd having a real go at one of the opposition, and I can't help thinking that it did affect him. No doubt he's a good player on his day, but the crowd (and El Abd) did a good job of keeping his mind off the football.

Another Leon Knight???

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
unused sub for MK Dons these days, our mate Leon

Jarrett at Boston

CKR nearly scored against Chelsea

Plenty for them to talk about when they meet up discussing their moves to the "next level" having all been far too good for us!!!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Yorkie said:
Apparently he tapped the Scunny's player's cheek (pretend slapped face) for hovering over the ball when he was going to take the free kick.

He couldnt have got booked for that as it i s an automatic Red Card if you slap or even gesture to slap somebody. This incident happned just after he had been booked and as somebody else posted ealier he wasd suprised that Cox wasnt sent off.

Can only assume that he was booked for something he said to the ref at the time of the free kick.

ac gull said:
unused sub for MK Dons these days, our mate Leon

Jarrett at Boston

CKR nearly scored against Chelsea

Plenty for them to talk about when they meet up discussing their moves to the "next level" having all been far too good for us!!!

L Knight for D Lewington (74)

From what I found out with a short research, Knight has been a USED sub in their last 3 games, and in two matches the Dons won them after he came on.

Just fyi, like.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here