Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Billy Sharp - tweaked his ankle a little bit. (but with God's grace, might live)

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
Rose-tinted glasses perhaps , apparently Hayter our other striker has got a broken leg too by all accounts. Dunk should have gone , many of the tackles that were made (by both sides) looked worse because the grass was soaking thus the total lose of footing.
Strange the decision to add even more water to an already soaked surface.
There were a lot of bad tackles in the game that the players had no way of controlling. Wtf we are going to do from here on in is anyone's guess. :(
How the hell CMS was MOM is beyond me for those awful misses.

His continual running, especially when he closed down your keeper which was good to see. He won a lot of headers he had no right to and played his socks off - probably didn't deserve MotM though

bobby smith

Jan 20, 2011
WORTHING
These things happen in football, plenty of Albion players have suffered from bad tackles in the past Gerry ryal at Palarse, harty at Peterboro and Bournemouth, Darragh Ryan at Peterboro need i go on, Shit Happens as some guy once said :-(

thoreveraviking

Jul 29, 2011
Republic of Yorkshire
[MENTION=15299][MENTION=15299]billysharp10

Hopefully there lot will stop throwing abuse at Lewis dunk via twitter as well

We don't go in for that shite, it was a bad tackle not so much malicious as clumsy, yellow bordering on red but I would have gone for a yellow. Our manager is an honest man and of course we boo'ed Dunk simply because wittingly or unwittingly it cut the heart out of our team ; after all he is our talisman.
After he was tretchered off we knew their heads would drop and the stretchering off of Hayter only compounded it. :facepalm:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
This sort of tackle is all about angles. From my angle it looked like a yellow card one footed lunge no more than that. The refs angle appears to support this. Will be interested to see the camera angles of it but fairly sure it was just just a misjudged tackle with no malice.

thoreveraviking

Jul 29, 2011
Republic of Yorkshire
His continual running, especially when he closed down your keeper which was good to see. He won a lot of headers he had no right to and played his socks off - probably didn't deserve MotM though

Surely your super sub was the MOM ? Btw Woods caused his own problems trying to use Friend as a permanent outlet when it was obvious that CMS was doing that........he's still inexperienced and it showed.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
FL Show just showed it & the tackle on Barnes was considerably worse.

I have no issues with the Sharp injury at all, it's just one of those things. Sadly for Sharp. Could have happened anywhere.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Having watched it on TV there is NO WAY Dunks challenge was as bad as the tackle on Barnes. Time for Donny fans to PIPE DOWN.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Just seen it. Worse tackle in the game was the one on Barnes. Could easily have been a sending off.

The Dunk tackle is as I saw it, a mis-timed honest challenge.

thoreveraviking

Jul 29, 2011
Republic of Yorkshire
Having watched it on TV there is NO WAY Dunks challenge was as bad as the tackle on Barnes. Time for Donny fans to PIPE DOWN.

Just saying that Dunkm didn't deserve a red and that it was clumdy, why do I/we need to 'pipe down ' if we're agreeing with both you , the ref and our manager.
I think you need to get off YOUR high horse, ffs who is contradicting you ?? where ?

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
Dunk's tackle was just poorly timed, no malice. I thought that at the game and the replays have not changed my mind. Naylor's was much worse. The abuse Lewis is receiving is undeserved, but can see why it is happening due to Sharp being their talisman

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
Sharp is on Twitter saying he doesn't know how bad the injury is and he 's having an xray on Monday. Doesn't sound like he's broken his leg in three places to me!

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
I don't think he meant you, thoreveraviking. Have a look at the comments from other donny fans on this thread, and the abuse dunk is getting on Twitter.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk

Billy Stubbs' Tears

Aug 6, 2011
Massive difference between the two challenges.

1) Naylor challenge. The ball is free, between two approaching players. Naylor has gone in for the ball, committed himself, realised he wasn't going to get it and begun to pull his foot downwards and out of the way. He's shown no intent whatsoever to hit Barnes's leg and has missed making foot-on-body contact by a good foot. But he's got the challenge timing badly wrong, and clattered into Barnes with his body. It's a clear yellow

2) Dunk's challenge: Dunk has come in from behind/left of Sharp. The ball was on Sharp's right. He has the whole of Sharp's body to get through to reach the ball. He MIGHT have had a chance to get the ball by making a scything slide-tackle with his left foot. Instead, he's taken off two yards behind Sharp, gone in with his RIGHT foot which was never on a trajectory to get the ball. When he's hammered into Sharp's left leg, his right foot is the thick end of a yard away from the ball. He either has no idea how to make a tackle, or he's deliberately aimed his challenge at Sharp's left leg. You lot seem to think he's Premiership material, so he couldn't possibly have mis-judged his tackle so badly could he?

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Rose-tinted glasses perhaps , apparently Hayter our other striker has got a broken leg too by all accounts. Dunk should have gone , many of the tackles that were made (by both sides) looked worse because the grass was soaking thus the total lose of footing.
Strange the decision to add even more water to an already soaked surface.
There were a lot of bad tackles in the game that the players had no way of controlling. Wtf we are going to do from here on in is anyone's guess. :(
How the hell CMS was MOM is beyond me for those awful misses.

How on earth do you manage to play when it's raining? Watering the pitch softens the ground so that injuries are less.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
It was a horrible tackle.
Well as it put their danger man out of the game, and we then came from behind to win 2-1, and our player didn't get sent off (which for the record I dont think he should have done, an opinion shared by their manager) , then all in all I'd say it was a f***ing brilliant tackle. I don't know why people are feeling sorry of Dunk. Well done son, is what I say. Some people on here need to f***ing man up a bit!!

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Massive difference between the two challenges.

1) Naylor challenge. The ball is free, between two approaching players. Naylor has gone in for the ball, committed himself, realised he wasn't going to get it and begun to pull his foot downwards and out of the way. He's shown no intent whatsoever to hit Barnes's leg and has missed making foot-on-body contact by a good foot. But he's got the challenge timing badly wrong, and clattered into Barnes with his body. It's a clear yellow

2) Dunk's challenge: Dunk has come in from behind/left of Sharp. The ball was on Sharp's right. He has the whole of Sharp's body to get through to reach the ball. He MIGHT have had a chance to get the ball by making a scything slide-tackle with his left foot. Instead, he's taken off two yards behind Sharp, gone in with his RIGHT foot which was never on a trajectory to get the ball. When he's hammered into Sharp's left leg, his right foot is the thick end of a yard away from the ball. He either has no idea how to make a tackle, or he's deliberately aimed his challenge at Sharp's left leg. You lot seem to think he's Premiership material, so he couldn't possibly have mis-judged his tackle so badly could he?

We get you're upset mate, but even your own manager said dunks was a yellow

Billy Stubbs' Tears

Aug 6, 2011
We get you're upset mate, but even your own manager said dunks was a yellow

What does that matter? He's a notoriously mellifluous man. And he hadn't seen the video when he said that.

Dunk's challenge DID look innocuous first time round. Just like Naylor's looked horrific. When you study the video, two different stories emerge.

I've given my two-pennorth on what happened in both cases. Do you see them differently?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here