Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Billy Sharp - tweaked his ankle a little bit. (but with God's grace, might live)

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Which is why I saw how bad the challenge was and the many people at the game are saying it 'didn't look that bad'. The benefit of multiple replays and seeing the full impact and severity of the challenge is what makes me correct in my opinion.

no it makes you someone WHO WAS NOT THERE.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Oh my Christ. Are people really being that dense tonight? They showed replays of the incident about TEN TIMES on the stream. In slow motion. From numerous angles. Rather than being 30+ feet away at the match and seeing it once from a bad angle! :nono:

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Oh my Christ. Are people really being that dense tonight? They showed replays of the incident about TEN TIMES on the stream. In slow motion. From numerous angles. Rather than being 30+ feet away at the match and seeing it once from a bad angle! :nono:
Are you really that dense? The ref saw it once, at full speed. Was your initial reaction "oh, that was high and malicious, he must have had the kill order from Gus so therefore must be sent off" or was it (as mine was) "Oh, that looked clumsy. He's gonna get booked for that one"?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

I`m glad you formulate your opinion after watching it ten times on the internet The twenty thousand who were there did not think it that bad a challenge but then again what do we know......... after all...you watched it on the tele.

Southstandfaithful

Oct 22, 2010
H Heath

Exactly you saw it TEN TIMES we didn't....... did you see the BARNES and KLL tackles that many times as they didn't result in an injury???????

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside

Go home to your village ffs. It's missing its idiot. :thumbsup:

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
Interesting to listen to the Sean O'Driscoll interview on the BBC. His opinion, that Dunk's tackle on Sharp was dangerous but probably worth a yellow not a red.

Serious respect for O'Driscoll from me - he's obviously very down having lost two players to what look like bad injuries and conceeded a late winner - but he's entirely fair in everything he says.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Are you really that dense? The ref saw it once, at full speed. Was your initial reaction "oh, that was high and malicious, he must have had the kill order from Gus so therefore must be sent off" or was it (as mine was) "Oh, that looked clumsy. He's gonna get booked for that one"?

It looked a blatant red card. But then, as I say, football fans of all teams are biased and shall we say less than balanced when it comes to their own team.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Exactly you saw it TEN TIMES we didn't....... did you see the BARNES and KLL tackles that many times as they didn't result in an injury???????

The two Spurr fouls on KLL should have been a yellow card apiece, Naylor's lunge on Barnes should have been a red - it was as bad as Dunk's.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
It looked a blatant red card. But then, as I say, football fans of all teams are biased and shall we say less than balanced when it comes to their own team.
After you'd seen it ten times, maybe. I can't believe for a minute, after you'd seen the tackle on KLL, that you'd think the ref would give a straight red. Or did you only turn up for the second half?

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I`m glad you formulate your opinion after watching it ten times on the internet The twenty thousand who were there did not think it that bad a challenge but then again what do we know......... after all...you watched it on the tele.

The DONCASTER fans seemed to think it was a bad challenge. Didn't they boo and jeer Dunk every time he touched the ball for the rest of the match?

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
After you'd seen it ten times, maybe. I can't believe for a minute, after you'd seen the tackle on KLL, that you'd think the ref would give a straight red. Or did you only turn up for the second half?

See above.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
The DONCASTER fans seemed to think it was a bad challenge. Didn't they boo and jeer Dunk every time he touched the ball for the rest of the match?

But they are doncaster fans and are therefore biased, you can't trust their view.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey

Judging by what the Doncaster fans are putting on Lewis dunk's twitter page, he's being vilified by them. Feel sorry for the guy, it may well have been a reckless challenge but I'm sure he didn't mean to break his leg.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here