Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Billy Sharp - tweaked his ankle a little bit. (but with God's grace, might live)

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
The refs in Sharps way, he's gone in for it side by side, to either block Sharp taking the ball left as he'd be stuck between Dunk and Ref or because he thinks Sharp is going to move the ball left. As it happens, Sharp anticipates a challenge, put his arm out and actually moves into it. It's a red for me as he's jumped in from behind, but I don't think he's gone in trying to hurt Sharp.

No player, in their right mind, would deliberately try and injure another player right under the referees nose. Clumsy - yes, deliberate - no.

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
Referee

No player, in their right mind, would deliberately try and injure another player right under the referees nose. Clumsy - yes, deliberate - no.

Do players really keep an eye out for where the referee is, unless of course they are looking to do something dodgy.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
This "triple break" rumour sounds like a total load of rubbish to me, for what it's worth.

Let's just say that Doncaster's physio was confident, from examination of the injury on the pitch or immediately afterwards, that there was some kind of fracture. How on EARTH would he have the faintest idea that there were three, just by looking or feeling? He's a physio, not a bloody x-ray machine. Besides: if it was that bad an injury, why would they wait two whole days to diagnose it? A serious break like that needs dealing with, not strapping up and resting on a pillow for the coach journey home.

He may well have cracked it somewhere, hopefully for him that's not the case, but this whole "triple break" business smacks of some panic-ridden rumour-merchant drama queen of a Doncaster fan trying to start something to see how quickly it will spread.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
This "triple break" rumour sounds like a total load of rubbish to me, for what it's worth.

Let's just say that Doncaster's physio was confident, from examination of the injury on the pitch or immediately afterwards, that there was some kind of fracture..

Well it was the physio who got him back up to his feet to try and walk off - if he thought there was any break that would have been the last thing he would have done surely?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

Let's just say that Doncaster's physio was confident, from examination of the injury on the pitch or immediately afterwards, that there was some kind of fracture. How on EARTH would he have the faintest idea that there were three, just by looking or feeling? He's a physio, not a bloody x-ray machine. Besides: if it was that bad an injury, why would they wait two whole days to diagnose it? A serious break like that needs dealing with, not strapping up and resting on a pillow for the coach journey home.

He may well have cracked it somewhere, hopefully for him that's not the case, but this whole "triple break" business smacks of some panic-ridden rumour-merchant drama queen of a Doncaster fan trying to start something to see how quickly it will spread.

The leg break was debunked by a Moderator on one of the Doncaster forums. He said it was an Achilles heel. Billy Sharp's Achilles Heel is his Hernia injury.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Well it was the physio who got him back up to his feet to try and walk off - if he thought there was any break that would have been the last thing he would have done surely?

Well they're not always going to know for sure, and the player's reaction would give you some idea I guess. But for a leg broken, Gerry Ryan style, in a number of places, you'd surely expect some kind of significant deformity, or a foot pointed the wrong way, something like that? As well as huge pain.

Not the sort of thing you'd go "here you are, Billy lad, stand up and walk it off eh?".

Shame for the lad, as I'd noticed early on in the game that he was settling nicely into his usual role of crying, moaning and attempting to referee the match, so he'll be disappointed to have missed out on further opportunities.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
HTFC world used to have a cartoon character of a bloodthirsty thug wearing an executioners mask which was used to depict their old physio (a man who had a reputation for doing more damage to players than the opposition). Perhaps he's moved on to Donny?

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
Ankle ligament damage confirmed by the Donny website. Whoever started that 'triple leg break' rumour is an uninformed HELMET
Hopefully the Donny fans abusing Dunky on twitter will show some humility now.
Hayters is a knee injury & looks the worst of the two injuries.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Painful

Ankle ligament damage confirmed by the Donny website. Whoever started that 'triple leg break' rumour is an uninformed HELMET
Hopefully the Donny fans abusing Dunky on twitter will show some humility now.
Hayters is a knee injury & looks the worst of the two injuries.

Ankle Ligament Tear / Ankle Instability

Usually caused by an injury. So Dunk was right to apologise.

Moderator did debunk the broken leg rumour on the Rovers forum.

Billy Stubbs' Tears

Aug 6, 2011
Cheers lads.

Just an unfortunate clumsy tackle eh?

I'm sure the lad hasn't got a malicious bone in his body. Shame he's just never learned how to tackle correctly before going out on a football pitch.

By the way, just for your information, Richard Naylor has never once been sent off for serious foul play, or for two yellow cards in a career spanning 16 years and 500 apperances. See, when he made a mis-judgement in his tackle, he pulled his foot out of the way of the incoming player.

Maybe some homework for Dunk to do eh?

Attachments

• Sharp-Dunk.pdf
    229.8 KB · Views: 107

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
BST.... pic 3 CLEARLY shows that Dunk had a clear path to the ball... and Sharp chose to put his leg in the way. Clumsy maybe, more unlucky in my book.

Billy Stubbs' Tears

Aug 6, 2011
BST.... pic 3 CLEARLY shows that Dunk had a clear path to the ball... and Sharp chose to put his leg in the way. Clumsy maybe, more unlucky in my book.

Sharp was RUNNING. Of COURSE his leg was going to be in the way of the ball. The art of tackling involves making predictions on where players and ball will be in a half second from now. If you see a space at the side of you on the motorway, do you pull out withouth first considering who might be there by the time you are?

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I hope Sharp gets the ice packs off and is fit to play for Rovers against West Ham and Forest.

Aug 21, 2006
Royal Arsenal
Cheers lads.

Just an unfortunate clumsy tackle eh?

I'm sure the lad hasn't got a malicious bone in his body. Shame he's just never learned how to tackle correctly before going out on a football pitch.

By the way, just for your information, Richard Naylor has never once been sent off for serious foul play, or for two yellow cards in a career spanning 16 years and 500 apperances. See, when he made a mis-judgement in his tackle, he pulled his foot out of the way of the incoming player.

Maybe some homework for Dunk to do eh?

You've gotta love the "he's not that kind of player" excuse which people always use to defend something which suggests someone is that type of player.

Lewis Dunk will be just fine, but thanks for your concern.

Billy Stubbs' Tears

Aug 6, 2011
You've gotta love the "he's not that kind of player" excuse which people always use to defend something which suggests someone is that type of player.

Lewis Dunk will be just fine, but thanks for your concern.

Aye well. Go and count how many "Lewis is not a malicious player" comments there are on this thread. I stopped counting by the time I ran out of fingers, and I'm from Yorkshire...

I daresay Dunk isn't malicious, but if this is his ability in judging tackles, he'll have plenty of spare time over his career to practice while suspended. I said at the time that there was never a chance in a million that Dunk could have reached the ball without twatting Sharp's left leg and these images demonstrate that beyond doubt. Absolutely appalling misjudgement.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
By the way, just for your information, Richard Naylor has never once been sent off for serious foul play

Nor has Lewis Dunk, you total hatstand. What's your point?

Shame you missed the other 89 (alright, 99) minutes of the game where he was putting in excellent tackles all over the shop. Something in your eye?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here