Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Billy Sharp - tweaked his ankle a little bit. (but with God's grace, might live)

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
14 pages & this is STILL going on.

Smashing. :facepalm:

Edit: Make that 15 pages...

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Cant help being reasonable... thats how I am. If Sharp isnt crippled then this whole thread will be almost irrelevant. The point of the thread, however, seems to be based upon the assumption that he has a very serious injury that will keep him out for a long time. Crippled seemed to be a good desciption of this state of affairs.
I agree...not the official diagnosis, but not intended to be over dramatic either. Dont get me wrong... I bloody well hope it is.
PS Does my being reasonable annoy you? Only asking.

You must know that Billy Sharp was carrying an injury if you watch him all the time. He fell on his injured part. It could have been a deliberate foul but it was Rovers fault for playing an injured player.

Last edited:

matt

Mar 19, 2007
I agree...not the official diagnosis, but not intended to be over dramatic either. Dont get me wrong... I bloody well hope it is.
PS Does my being reasonable annoy you? Only asking.

You aren't reasonable - you are an over-emotional, baised, football fan like the rest of us. It is your self-deluded stance that you are something different which annoys me.

Diar

Apr 12, 2011
lewisdunk Lewis Dunk
My apology goes to [MENTION=15299]billy[/MENTION]sharp10 i hope the injury isn't as bad as rumoured when you find out on x ray monday and wish you a speedy recovery

Why should you apologise, mate? I respect your intention and I really hope you're right. It's great to get some understanding from a fellow football fan, for which I thank you, but you obviously have nothing to apologise about. Things happen in football, this is just an exceptionally difficult thing for us to handle, if it proves to be as bad as we all suspect.

DIRK STEELE

Banned
Mar 4, 2011
London now.
I'd never wish any physical harm on any player, but he will have to live with the result of his actions, I'm afraid.
Only he will know if it was pre-meditated

What are you suggesting here then? And using the verb 'to cripple' is also very contentious... Do you even know the extent of his injury.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Its always upsetting when players get injured in any sport. Its also sad that people would abuse people via Twitter, as its easy to hide behind a keyboard.

I wanted to add how upsetting I found a lot of the crowds reaction to the first injury by booing and whistling when you could see he could not get up. Hope they both recover quickly and Donny get their long injury list sorted out asap.

Stop calling me "you lot"!! I cant speak for others. If I recall, you asked me if I'd seen Rovers go out with the tactics to kick the opposition, or words to that effect. I said I'd never known it.
Now you say that our tactics were clearly that. Not so clear that I cant disagree with you. If we resorted to kicking it may be because you were a totally different class to us (its a point of view) but I wonder why SOD would order his team to do such a thing, for the first time ever, just for you. Cant remember Man City, Villa, Arsenal, Wolves, Bolton, Spurs, or Man U ever calling us cynical, or saying that we had to resort to taking out their best players, so why should we suddenly be given that instruction against Brighton?
Not saying you're wrong, but it just doesnt make sense.

I don't know that your manager instructed anyone with that sort of direction - but a desperate lunge is a desperate lunge whether instructed or decided upon in the heat of a moment!
Otherwise, YOU tell me why your side had THREE yellows in the first 45 minutes for fouls, our side got one for slamming into the dirt when blindsided - he can NOT have decided to dive!! THREE YELLOWS -WHAT WERE THEY ABOUT??
and we thought the ref was favouring you!

Diar

Apr 12, 2011
You aren't reasonable - you are an over-emotional, baised, football fan like the rest of us. It is your self-deluded stance that you are something different which annoys me.

I agree, I am all of those things. Also believe I am reasonable. And it is YOUR perception that I consider myself to be something different, not mine.
Its strange how people see you, isnt it? ALL my postings on here have been friendly and as honest as I can make them, and yet I am still percieved as being all the things you state. Cant say it doesnt puzzle me.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Seriosuly, does any Brighton fan give a shit he's crocked.

Personally nothing against the bloke, but being realistic for a second, I know we are all getting carried away with ourselves, but if come April/May we are looking over out shoulders at the bottom three, personally I'm quite pleased one of the sides who are likely to be in the mix have just lost their striker long term. If it weakens Doncaster so one of our possible rivlas for the drop are pushed a bit closer to taking one of the bottom three spaces, then great!

As I said, nothing against Doncaster or Sharpe, but all I care about is us doing well and staying up as a first aim. If Sharpes injury makes that a bit easier for us. Brilliant.

If it turns out to make no difference to us and helps Palace out, then I will personally give Dunk a clip round the earhole.:lolol:

Last edited:

matt

Mar 19, 2007
I agree, I am all of those things. Also believe I am reasonable. And it is YOUR perception that I consider myself to be something different, not mine.
Its strange how people see you, isnt it? ALL my postings on here have been friendly and as honest as I can make them, and yet I am still percieved as being all the things you state. Cant say it doesnt puzzle me.
So are you saying you are those things yet you can't understand why you are perceived as being these things? Now I'm puzzled... Anyway, I hope you get your injured players back soon and have a good season :)

Diar

Apr 12, 2011
What are you suggesting here then? And using the verb 'to cripple' is also very contentious... Do you even know the extent of his injury.

No suggesting anything, except that there is the possiblity, knowing football fans as I do, that he will be taunted in the future for what happened.
Oh, and I was also suggesting that Dunk will almost certainly be sickened if Sharps injuries turn out to be serious, and that he will have to live with his feelings on that matter... wether he meant it or not.
"Cripple" (used as a verb) as I see it, means to lame, or impair somebody... thats what happened. I used it as a quick way of describing it and, on reflection, I can see how it could be seen as inflammatory. It wasnt intended that way.
No, as stated previously, I dont know the extent of his injuries, only that he was crippled to the extent of being on crutches (if SOD's after match interview could be relied upon for accuracy, not just emotion). If he isnt seriously injured then, as I have said, I will be relieved, and this thread will be almost irrelevant. But we ARE discussing the situation on that basis, arent we?

Diar

Apr 12, 2011
Its always upsetting when players get injured in any sport. Its also sad that people would abuse people via Twitter, as its easy to hide behind a keyboard.

I wanted to add how upsetting I found a lot of the crowds reaction to the first injury by booing and whistling when you could see he could not get up. Hope they both recover quickly and Donny get their long injury list sorted out asap.

Agree with all that mate... although I was getting tired of saying it, then getting told I was a group of idiots saying something else entirely.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Just had a look at the Donny forum and am amazed by the over reaction of some of their fans. One saying the tackle gets worst every time he sees it. I genuinely don't see what he is talking about. Obviously we are all biased but the Naylor tackle looks so much worst on the replays (and did when I was at the game).

Diar

Apr 12, 2011
I don't know that your manager instructed anyone with that sort of direction - but a desperate lunge is a desperate lunge whether instructed or decided upon in the heat of a moment!
Otherwise, YOU tell me why your side had THREE yellows in the first 45 minutes for fouls, our side got one for slamming into the dirt when blindsided - he can NOT have decided to dive!! THREE YELLOWS -WHAT WERE THEY ABOUT??
and we thought the ref was favouring you!

Not disagreeing with any of that... except that there IS a difference between heat of the moment and a diliberate tactic by the manager.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
No suggesting anything, except that there is the possiblity, knowing football fans as I do, that he will be taunted in the future for what happened.
Oh, and I was also suggesting that Dunk will almost certainly be sickened if Sharps injuries turn out to be serious, and that he will have to live with his feelings on that matter... wether he meant it or not.
"Cripple" (used as a verb) as I see it, means to lame, or impair somebody... thats what happened. I used it as a quick way of describing it and, on reflection, I can see how it could be seen as inflammatory. It wasnt intended that way.
No, as stated previously, I dont know the extent of his injuries, only that he was crippled to the extent of being on crutches (if SOD's after match interview could be relied upon for accuracy, not just emotion). If he isnt seriously injured then, as I have said, I will be relieved, and this thread will be almost irrelevant. But we ARE discussing the situation on that basis, arent we?

To be fair, the extent of Sharp's injury is in effect irrelevant to the discussion. Naylor's tackle was no better because Barnes just about managed to get out of the way. The reaction might be different but the tackle itself wasn't.

Diar

Apr 12, 2011
So are you saying you are those things yet you can't understand why you are perceived as being these things? Now I'm puzzled... Anyway, I hope you get your injured players back soon and have a good season :)

Thanks.
Let me clarify things for you... I agree I am an emotional, baised football fan. I am puzzled that you think me not reasonable, and self deluded. I am also puzzled why I am also percieved to be childish, stupid, moronic and pathetic, when all I have tried to do is explain, as rationally and as logically as I can, how I see the situation now.
To be honest, I think most people on here have forgotten what I was saying in the first place, and I've just been lumped in with the minority of moronic twats that inhabit Twitter, or whatever it is.

Diar

Apr 12, 2011
Seriosuly, does any Brighton fan give a shit he's crocked.

Personally nothing against the bloke, but being realistic for a second, I know we are all getting carried away with ourselves, but if come April/May we are looking over out shoulders at the bottom three, personally I'm quite pleased one of the sides who are likely to be in the mix have just lost their striker long term. If it weakens Doncaster so one of our possible rivlas for the drop are pushed a bit closer to taking one of the bottom three spaces, then great!

As I said, nothing against Doncaster or Sharpe, but all I care about is us doing well and staying up as a first aim. If Sharpes injury makes that a bit easier for us. Brilliant.

If it turns out to make no difference to us and helps Palace out, then I will personally give Dunk a clip round the earhole.:lolol:

And I can totally understand that too.
My postings on here have all been to explain to Albion fans (with some of whom we have a rapport) how I felt. No way would I have done this on any other clubs forum because I know we'd get just this sort of response... and quite understandably.

Diar

Apr 12, 2011
To be fair, the extent of Sharp's injury is in effect irrelevant to the discussion. Naylor's tackle was no better because Barnes just about managed to get out of the way. The reaction might be different but the tackle itself wasn't.

We're discussing two entirely different issues here. Sharps injury is what this thread is all about, in my view. Thats why I started this interminable posting!
ITS THE DIFFERENT QUALITIES OF THE TACKLES THAT IS IRRELEVENT. There were some awful tackles going in all over and we can all discuss the relative "badness" of all of them, if you like. But this thread, from my standpoint, is about Billy Sharps injury.
I can see it was hi-jacked by disgusting comments on Twitter, and by some Albion fans reacting to these by assuming that we all felt the same, and that we didnt see the other things that went off, and that SOD must have sent us out as a hit squad... but essentially I wanted to talk to our friends about how I felt losing such important players. (Those who couldnt care less should log off now! I should have posted)
I WAS dragged in to postulating what future reactions might be when we play against Dunk again... but even this was seen as advocating, or inciting such things. (Wish I'd never gone there)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here