Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Billy Sharp - tweaked his ankle a little bit. (but with God's grace, might live)

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Sharp was RUNNING. Of COURSE his leg was going to be in the way of the ball. The art of tackling involves making predictions on where players and ball will be in a half second from now. If you see a space at the side of you on the motorway, do you pull out withouth first considering who might be there by the time you are?

Indeed... and pic 1 shows that Dunk was committed to the tackle and heading for the ball BEFORE Sharp chose to pull out into the fast lane without any consideration for Dunk's safety.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
By the way, just for your information, Richard Naylor has never once been sent off for serious foul play, or for two yellow cards in a career spanning 16 years and 500 apperances.
Maybe some homework for Dunk to do eh?
What, it's ok to go flying wildly in with two feet as long as you have a copy of your CV on you?

I wish Doncaster fans would follow the reaction of their team on this, ie knowledgable indifference, rather than ever more hysterical herpderpery.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
So can we change the title of this thread to "Billy Sharp has a sprained ankle" please?

I realise that lacks the hysterical theatricality that some Rovers fans seem to prefer, but at least it's realistic.

albionite

May 20, 2009
Those pics just show a tackle being made, albeit a clumsy one in the end. Im not sure what the Donny fans want us to do? Beg for forgiveness and hand them the 3 points?

I've seen far worse tackles and im sure we will continue to see more.

Billy Stubbs' Tears

Aug 6, 2011
Nor has Lewis Dunk, you total hatstand. What's your point?

In wouldn't have thought it needed spelling out for you but clearly I've over-estimated you.

Nayor has an extensive career over a decade and a half in which he has proved himself to be a tough, hard player, but not the sort who goes out to maim players. Despite your fans' hysterical reaction to a tackle in which his foot missed Barnes's leg by a good 12 inches.

Dunk on the other hand has put a player in hospital with a dreadful challenge in his tenth appearance. A challenge in which his foot was never aimed at the ball and which missed the ball by a good yard. But didn't miss the player.

Clear enough now?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I love the desperation of a one man team! They were talking as if their season was over on Saturday on the train home :lol:

Nevermind, at least Giles Barnes (suprised he is still playing) will save you

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Doncaster fans: if you want to see a clumsy, mistimed, but not-ultimately-that-bad tackle, watch Saturday's game again.

If you want to see a genuine horrific, career-ender, ask a chap called Gerry Ryan to describe one for you.

I sympathise for you losing your striker, but he could have done exactly the same thing running to the corner flag and turning his ankle over. It was a foul. There were fouls all game, from both sides. Essentially: shit happens :shrug:

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007

In wouldn't have thought it needed spelling out for you but clearly I've over-estimated you.

Nayor has an extensive career over a decade and a half in which he has proved himself to be a tough, hard player, but not the sort who goes out to maim players. Despite your fans' hysterical reaction to a tackle in which his foot missed Barnes's leg by a good 12 inches.

Dunk on the other hand has put a player in hospital with a dreadful challenge in his tenth appearance. A challenge in which his foot was never aimed at the ball and which missed the ball by a good yard. But didn't miss the player.

Clear enough now?

Seriously, you need to take another look at Naylor's challenge.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Shame for the lad, as I'd noticed early on in the game that he was settling nicely into his usual role of crying, moaning and attempting to referee the match, so he'll be disappointed to have missed out on further opportunities.

Ha. Very much this.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004

Clear enough now?
Richard Naylor has never injured anyone? It's a bold claim but I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask you to prove it.

Also, after you've done that, please explain the reaction (or lack of) of your players to the tackle?
do they hate Billy Sharp? Do they not care about anything other than collecting their paychecks? Are they so jaded by playing infront of fuckwits who are recuded to bawing wrecks over nothing that nothing affects them any more?

I would like to know.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

In wouldn't have thought it needed spelling out for you but clearly I've over-estimated you. Nayor has an extensive career over a decade and a half in which he has proved himself to be a tough, hard player, but not the sort who goes out to maim players. Despite your fans' hysterical reaction to a tackle in which his foot missed Barnes's leg by a good 12 inches.

Clear enough now?

Nope. I see two footballers, playing in the same game, and both have committed fouls which were yellow card offences Experience has absolutely chuff all to do with it. Don't tell me old players never commit fouls. Another ref might have red carded either or both, this one didn't. C'est la vie. Move on.

Someone's fans are displaying a hysterical reaction, but it's not ours.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean

Clear enough now?

About time to wind your neck in fella, you really are looking more like a tool with every post you make. Quit while you're only slightly in front of a palarse teenager if I were you.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004

Clear enough now?

We're quite aware that Dunk made a clumsy challenge and caused an injury. I'm certain that Naylor has done the same. Such is life. Even your manager didn't think it was a red so the hysteria from your fans is a bit much IMO. Try and enjoy the rest of your season - us and Dunk would have forgotten about an unfortunate incident by the Pompey game.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003

Clear enough now?

As a young player he'll learn from his mistakes. Can you honestly say that you've never made a mistake and learnt from it?

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
For balance, best wishes to Billy Sharp in his recovery. And to the less hysterical amongst the Doncaster support for the season.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Absolutely appalling misjudgement.

That phrase could be applied to all the moronic Donny fans who have spammed this board with tales of triple broken legs, worst day of their lives etc etc et-bloody-cetera and sent hate messages via twitter.

It's not half as bad as you drama queens made out is it? You've said the same thing 14 times now too. We get the message.

I thought you Northern types were supposed to be stoic and of few words. You're just a bunch of soft nancies.

lucky007

Apr 12, 2010
West Sussex
Anyone see what went on as Sharp left the stadium? Apparently words were exchanged with Brighton fans and he went for one of the fans with his crutches??!!!!

police got involved and were taking names etc...

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Clear enough now?

1. Sharp didn't end up in hospital as he didn't have an xray until today.
2. You need to go to Specsavers if you think that Naylor missed Barnes leg by 12 inches.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here