Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Billy Paynter

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Seen him twice now. Gotta be honest doesn't really look up to it. Can't really hold ball up.He was ok once he had a bit of space at the end and pinged it around quite nicely. Not championship quality.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Seen him twice now. Gotta be honest doesn't really look up to it. Can really hold ball up.He was ok once he had a bit of space at the end and pinged it around quite nicely. Not championship quality.

Thoughts?

Quietish but would give him a bit of time ... jury still well out for me

Sitch

Jul 3, 2011
Think he's a very good addition for us. Does everything he needs to do well, don't see the problem.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Think he's a very good addition for us. Does everything he needs to do well, don't see the problem.

He was brought in to hold the ball up. He blatantly can't do it. Big guy, but not strong on the ball.

JJB

Mar 16, 2011
New Forest
He is a terrible 'forward' my Leeds supporting mates were pissing themselves laughing when you took him off their hands.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Until he scores (Harley anyone?) and everyone claims he is a God in a Brighton kit!

porkypie

On the road to no where
Oct 31, 2009
Button Moon
Great knock down for the first goal,witch put cms clean through. Thought he had an alright game to be honest.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
He was brought in to hold the ball up. He blatantly can't do it. Big guy, but not strong on the ball.

As assessments go that is pretty much total bullshit. It's hard to hold the ball up when you are under orders to play ten yards back of the sole striker to be fair.
Let's see when he has settled and when the club has recovered from this horrid patch of form and starts to shape up offensively rather than being first and foremost sent out to avoid conceding goals.

generation x

its in the blood
Nov 24, 2007
I thought he looked ok. Worth giving him a bit of time to settle.

Sitch

Jul 3, 2011
He is a terrible 'forward' my Leeds supporting mates were pissing themselves laughing when you took him off their hands.

zzzzzzzzzzzzz, and this is coming from you who said CMS is shit.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I think he was 'okay' but as the match went on he improved as Barnsley pressed and left more space up front. He seemed reasonably good in the air and his distribution was nice. He held it up fairly well at times which did take a little pressure off.

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom

I think we will be pissing ourselves laughing when he scores at St Marys in a fortnight...

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Looked OK to me. Give him a chance, gives us a different option.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
Looked better than Wood tbh

pigbite

Sep 9, 2007
I thought he played well today. He tracked back alot and covered the right back area well as Inno seemed a little streched at times there. He was also stronger on hold up play than CMS and I think offers us a decent opportunity to show what CMS can do when partnered with a complementary player.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here