Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Billy Paynter

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
got better as the game went on and at the end was one of our best players on the park, the fitter he gets the better he will get.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
One a few useful knock downs and did his job well. He made an excellent run that took two defenders with him when Noone hit a strike wide in the first half.

Until he gets a good run of games he probably won't get his scoring boots on but it was a solid performance by him today. Useful addition to the squad.

jackcgull

Feb 1, 2008
Amersham
people do see different things! Paynter isn't world class - but seen him twice now and he seems pretty neat and tidy and getting better the longer he spends on the pitch. The flick on for 2nd goal was excellent - i also thought his control, touch and passing was fine - not spectacular - but fairly solid.

Sep 1, 2010
Set up the the 2nd goal essentially and to be honest, offers something different to what we have already. When we break, we have very little options when the cross is put in off the flanks(mainly Noone) as the forward line break much quicker than the midfield so we have very little to cross to when we get there. We need a more attacking midfield player to support our forward line. We had 2 defensive midfielders(Navarro and Bridcutt) and although this affecting our attacking options it also helped in our defensive play. Solid performance and although i was surprised by the starting line up, it worked well.

People not seeing the bigger picture do not realise that Paynter is the link player between the slow breaking midfield and the fast paced forward line

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
Jury's out for me. Having said that, his little flick for CMS, made the second goal.

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
I thought he was useless. He's overweight and clearly (and understandably) unfit. Moreover, he looked disinterested.

Get rid asap.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
He put clean CMS clean through for the 2nd goal which is exactly what we've been lacking. Otherwise a pretty decent game all round as far a I can see. A lot of potential for their partnership. I just don't get some people and their negativity. Paynter Really made a difference today. He plays in a way which nobody else in our team can. Very useful forward link.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Been backing him from the moment we first were rumoured to be after him. Was not good today I'm afraid

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
I'd ratheru went ASAP clearly no idea about football

Really? It's funny how differenty people see games. Those around me were less than impressed, and even my girlfriend (who accompanied me for her second Amex game) thought he looked slow, lethargic and bored! Still, Murray used to meander around the park looking like he couldn't give a shite- but he turned out alright.

I'm not sure he offers more than barnes.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Thought he had a decent game and offered much more to our all round play that Barnes does. He certainly made a nuisance of himself around the Barnsley back four.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Looked decent in the 2nd half but seemed to playing a bit of strange role sometimes on the right sometimes behind CMS but not really up top holding the ball up which was what I thought he was brought in to do. Seeing as how he is out of game practice he was hardly horrific

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here