Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Billy Paynter

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Like others have said, he was ok today, played a part in the second goal and it's too early to say much more. He wasn't as bad as some of the leeds fans suggested, but yet to really show what it is about him that had some of our fans calling for us to sign him last year.

TS90

Jan 26, 2011
His first touch at times was woeful but he won a few headers (and lost a few but let's stay positive) and linked up play well, on occasion, by dropping deep and letting those with pace go forward. Only problem is that defensively, he hasn't a scooby, so if the play were to break down, he'd be anonymous going the other way. Don't particularly rate him but he offers something different to the other forwards, which may not always be better but at least it's an option.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Give a guy a break, jeez, I dont understand some people I really dont, he's a loan player coming into a new team and people expect him to be up and running straight away? All players need a few games, all players are different for some it just clicks for others it takes a while. For what its worth i actually thought he did a decent job today, seemed to be playing more of 'floaty' role than this 'hold ball up' striker everyone seems to think he plays, GIVE HIM TIME.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Don't need him to be a world beater, just come in and play solidly when the opposition suits his style or when we have injuries to strikers like Hoskins. Like him as that but won't be expecting alot more if honest. Back him to do his job though and help the team!

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand
Whose that shooting over the bar,
It's Billy Paynter, it's Billy Paynter.

To the tune by The Automatic 'monster'.

llugaes

Jan 20, 2009
thought he was ok, good flick on in the build up to the second goal. he's not the best player in the world obviously but he's here to do a job and he's doing alright.

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
He is a terrible 'forward' my Leeds supporting mates were pissing themselves laughing when you took him off their hands.

A Leeds supporting mate I have out here reckons he's a donkey, doesn't know why the ever bought him. Not seen him myself so I can't comment really.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
A Leeds supporting mate I have out here reckons he's a donkey, doesn't know why the ever bought him. Not seen him myself so I can't comment really.

All these Leeds supporters are the ones who've made our fans decide he's crap. I'd rather go on the evidence of my own eyes. The flick for CMS alone shows why he's worth a place in the team. If he can get him away like that a couple of times a game we'll score goals. And a central partnership = more problems for the defence = more freedom for the wingers and attacking midfielders.

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
He's been with us for 10 days, during which time we've played 3 times, so he's probably had 2 or 3 days on the training pitch with us. He hasn't played all season so won't be 100% fit no matter how much training he was doing at Leeds. He's showed a few glimpses of what he can do, but we can't seriously be judging him yet. The 2 week break has come at a good time for him and I would expect us to see what he's really about in the next 3 or 4 games.

APACHE

LONGTIME DIEHARD
Feb 18, 2011
THE PROMISED LAND-SUSSEX
Come to Brighton and play centre-forward and get slaughtened by the fans. F or christ-sake give it a rest, 1st Murray, then Barnes, since Zamora went anyone who leads the attack is given nothing but stick, give the guy a chance.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Hopefully the international break will give him chance to train with the team and he will be really up for it at St Marys, the only down side is CMS is in Cyprus

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here