Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Billy Paynter

JJB

Mar 16, 2011
New Forest
zzzzzzzzzzzzz, and this is coming from you who said CMS is shit.

Pretty sure those wern't my words. Was more along the lines of you got mugged off at the price you paid for him. He takes too many chances to score a goal, he's not what you would call a natural finisher. I wouldn't mind him in our side for around £1.5million, he's not worth any more than that. We would also create a hell of a lot of chances for him.

as for the other comment. Already seen him at st mary's once this season. He was out of his depth, the highlight was being through 1 on 1, acres of space and putting it straight at Kelv. He isn't what you need.

cocamalia

Jan 1, 2011
He had a good solid game today. He flicked the ball on nicely for the second goal and linked up play pretty well. Feel he will create more chances for CMS if he plays tighter to him. Paynter should clearly not be playing wide right.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Blimey, and there was me thinking he looked pretty good today. He linked up well with Cms and his header out Cms thru for the second goal.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Blimey, and there was me thinking he looked pretty good today. He linked up well with Cms and his header put Cms thru for the second goal.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I can't help but think a lot of people on here are basing their judgements on comments made by Leeds fans. Yes he had a few awkward moments, but he got a vital flick on for Harley's goal and made a few decent passes to the channels. IMO he is a good addition to the team.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I thought he was good. Excellent flick for the goal and general decent all round play. Will set up far more chances for CMS than anyone else will.

Will get better with time alongside CMS. He helped Cox score a hell of a lot of goals at Swindon and you could see why.

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
Blimey, and there was me thinking he looked pretty good today. He linked up well with Cms and his header put Cms thru for the second goal.
At last someone with more than half a brain posts. I can't believe we have threads on here this evening slagging off Paynter and Harley. They both need time to settle into a side which changes due to injuries every game. I thought Harley played well most of the game and Paynter had a good second half, getting better as the game went on. OK, first half Paynter looked a bot lost but give the guy time to settle and he might just be the catalyst that gives CMS more chances

dje shoreham

Nov 2, 2009
I was quite impressed - much better second half with a few good touches - seemed to be understanding how to play the brighton way as the game went on imo

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Good target man IMO and the sort of player we have been missing. He is painfully slow but with the sort of role we're asking him to play it really doesn't matter that much. He is exactly the sort of player we need to get the best of CMS.

The Lemming Stomper

Under the flag
Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean
You wouldn't have thought Paynter was the same player the Leeds fans came on here slagging off on todays performance...got better as the game went on and pretty impressive in the second half imo

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
I think Paynter does what we need him to do; win aerial balls, hold the ball up and lay it off. He's no Murray, but he's doing a job that we really needed doing.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
Thought paynter was crap first half but a big improvement after the break. Remember has has not played a lot over the last year. Give the bloke a bit of time. Think he will come good for us

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here