Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Billy Gilmour SINGED on a four-year contract

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I think he would be a good signing, but to be fair being a multiple man of the match several times for Scotland doesn't count for an awful lot!

I know you jest but it's worth remembering he was the best player on the pitch against England last summer on what I believe was his international debut.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I know you jest but it's worth remembering he was the best player on the pitch against England last summer on what I believe was his international debut.

A dominant midfield performance in a 0-0 draw. He's made for us.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Looking at the World through Billy Gilmours eyes,
I’d come to us.

This isn’t an Advert, by the way.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Yes, but he isn't a 20 goal PL striker, so no point going for him. We could always go for him next summer (or even January if he's passed that point by then).

Good point. Need to wait till he's proven himself outside of the farmers' leagues.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Yes, but he isn't a 20 goal PL striker, so no point going for him. We could always go for him next summer (or even January if he's passed that point by then).

He’s over a quarter of the way to 20 goals in a 10th of the season. I reckon we should take the gamble now before other realise he might be quite good. :moo:

South west gull

Nov 3, 2021
He's obviously lost his way a bit, but he's still only 21 and was incredibly highly thought of when he broke through ( see: https://twitter.com/IbzSpeaks/status/1564390735654408195 )...

Also, there wouldn't be too much pressure on him to make an instant impact as we're fairly stacked in terms of central midfield options, giving him some useful setting in time.
Better than alzatze ?

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Better than alzatze ?

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Who knows? Gilmour was a hot prospect playing for his country at a young age and had a real baptism of fire as a regular first teamer at Norwich. Ideal rebuilding project for GP perhaps. I don't recall seeing Alzate play a full game in the Prem. Equally played for his country at a young age and full of promise. I just don't notice him when he comes on and have no idea how he would play for us this season. The half empty me says neither is going to make more than an excellent Championship midfielder. But GP knows more than I do. Can't say I'm in the least excited about Billy, but who knows?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here