Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Billy Gilmour SINGED on a four-year contract

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Indeed.

It was one of the common misunderstandings about buy-back clauses, but indeed the player could just say no - obviously there's a ****load of laws preventing him from being forced to change his employer (and thus in some cases forcing the player to move to another country etc - there's probably some UN shit preventing that).

Another one is that the club couldnt sell him to another club. But if Chelsea had a £60m buyback clause or something, Brighton could still sell him for £50m or £70m to Melchester Rovers. All it means is that if Chelsea pay £60m, Brighton will be forced to accept the bid.

If you think that Melchester has that sort of money, then you're living in a land of fantasy. They were already reduced to signing Spandau Ballet on a free transfer back in the 1980s.

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
I’d love us to get this done. Think he’s got great potential. We may have to give up on our no buy-back policy to get it over the line. If we actually have one. We’ve already broken the no loans policy most of us thought we had.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
In the Chelsea squad travelling to Southampton

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Naylor Said Yes, but Chelsea only want a loan and it is illegal for us to loan him.

Can't see the negotiations getting far, tbh :shrug:

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Naylor Said Yes, but Chelsea only want a loan and it is illegal for us to loan him.

Can't see the negotiations getting far, tbh :shrug:
Where does it say that ?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Where does it say that ?
Well some is fact - the rules don't allow us to loan him. Naylor Said Yes in The Athletic. So for this to happen Chelsea have to soften their stance on wanting a loan - multiple reports of this across different sources.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I don't think we've got cover for what MacAllister gives us, namely a deeper lying CM with a range of top quality passing.

He could also play Mac's current role, with Mac replacing Lallana in the No. 10 role. And if things don;t work out we could always sell him to the Old Firm and get half our money back.

This move makes sense.

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
Would the answer be to buy young Levi, opening the door for the Gilmore loan?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
SSN claiming we could loan him if an option to buy is included- surely that's not true?!

It's not true because it's simply not possible under PL rules.

You can only have 1 player on loan from another PL club at a time, so with Colwill here already we cannot loan another Chelsea player in. The only way we can sign Gilmour on loan is if we either sign Colwill permanently (unlikely as I'm sure we wanted a permanent deal when we sold them Cucurella but we couldn't come to an agreement) or we terminate that loan deal (not going to happen).

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Billy Gilmour

It's not true because it's simply not possible under PL rules.

You can only have 1 player on loan from another PL club at a time, so with Colwill here already we cannot loan another Chelsea player in. The only way we can sign Gilmour on loan is if we either sign Colwill permanently (unlikely as I'm sure we wanted a permanent deal when we sold them Cucurella but we couldn't come to an agreement) or we terminate that loan deal (not going to happen).

Loan with obligation to buy?

I know, what’s the point as it’s a dressed up sale but maybe from an accountancy perspective? Appreciate we aren’t in a poor position financially

Edit, to add, do we have the option to attach milestones to the obligation to buy? Not sure if this would count as a loan though?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here