Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Billy Gilmour SINGED on a four-year contract

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Loan with obligation to buy?

I know, what’s the point as it’s a dressed up sale but maybe from an accountancy perspective? Appreciate we aren’t in a poor position financially

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The option to buy at the end of the season is irrelevant as it's still a temporary transfer for this season. We cannot register another player from Chelsea on a temporary registration this season while Colwill is here.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Well some is fact - the rules don't allow us to loan him. Naylor Said Yes in The Athletic. So for this to happen Chelsea have to soften their stance on wanting a loan - multiple reports of this across different sources.

I've looked in the Premier league rules and it's not mentioned

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Obligation, not option?

Actually I stand corrected. There may be a possibilty

https://resources.premierleague.com...e6e1/PL_Handbook_2021_22_DIGITAL_29.11.21.pdf

V.7.5. the maximum number of Temporary Transfers to any one Club registrable
in the same Season shall be four and in no circumstances shall more than
one be from the same Transferor Club at any one time save there shall be
excluded from these numbers any Temporary Transfer of the kind
described in V.7.6.1 or V.7.6.2;
V.7.6. not more than two Temporary Transfers shall be registered by a Club at
the same time except that there shall be excluded from that number:

V.7.6.1. any Temporary Transfer which become permanent; and
V.7.6.2. the Temporary Transfer of a goalkeeper which in its absolute
discretion the Board may allow in circumstances it considers to
be exceptional;

The use of the word become does make the rule some what open to interpretation. Does it mean you can register someone if there is an obligation to buy that player at the end of the season, or does it mean you can register a second player from a club once the other loan deal has become permanent. If its the former we can sign Gilmour, if it's the later then we still need to buy Colwill.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Actually I stand corrected. There may be a possibilty

https://resources.premierleague.com...e6e1/PL_Handbook_2021_22_DIGITAL_29.11.21.pdf

The use of the word become does make the rule some what open to interpretation. Does it mean you can register someone if there is an obligation to buy that player at the end of the season, or does it mean you can register a second player from a club once the other loan deal has become permanent. If its the former we can sign Gilmour, if it's the later then we still need to buy Colwill.

Thanks.

I think it’s the former. Although apart from balance sheet I don’t see why we wouldn’t just buy now if interested? Appreciate his contract would be shorter next summer but surely they would factor this in the fee agreed upfront?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
At this point it is unlikely there will be any signing we haven't heard any rumours of yet - so I'm guessing Billy is one of the candidates if there is indeed any activity tomorrow.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
No price mentioned. Would have been close to £30m+ 18 months ago. How low will Chelsea go?

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
In the Mail Online's story about us being interested, there is a below the line comment that says:

"I think Potter will guide this kid in the correct way. I wouldn't be surprised if he went there and Brighton triple his feet within 2 years."

I'm not sure whether this means that we'd have central midfielder with six feet, or one that's nearly 17 feet tall. Either way it sounds useful.

Marty McFly

Seagulls Over Canada
Aug 19, 2006
La Pêche, Quebec
In the Mail Online's story about us being interested, there is a below the line comment that says:

"I think Potter will guide this kid in the correct way. I wouldn't be surprised if he went there and Brighton triple his feet within 2 years."

I'm not sure whether this means that we'd have central midfielder with six feet, or one that's nearly 17 feet tall. Either way it sounds useful.

As long as they're not all left feet.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Finally someone who can get his head on to Veltmans crosses.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon

could be that he'll be a shoe size 24 by the year 2024?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
why, might I ask? consistently rated as one of chelsea's best prospects, has already picked up a PL man of the match award for chelsea and multiple for scotland. or does not having a great season in a dreadful norwich team automatically preclude him from ever fulfilling his potential?

I think he would be a good signing, but to be fair being a multiple man of the match several times for Scotland doesn't count for an awful lot!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here