Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bighton, Gay and Proud

manningsheathgull

Feb 14, 2010
I have been following NSC for a few days and have now joined up now- being an Albion fan of some years. I used to go home and away when I was younger but nowadays I still attend now and then, as much home as away.

This post isnt easy to write but as I have some anonymity here Im happy to post it in full.

Most of the 'Gay' banter on here is funny-i'm thick skinned.We should all be able to laugh at each other.

You see I'm Gay, a fudge packer, a surfer of the brown highway, a poof, a queer, a homo, a friend of dorothy. I bat for the other side, I walk on the sunny side of the street.

And I m an Albion fan. And proud of both.

Why come on here and say that. Well a friend, also gay, is on here too. And he said how someone earlier had suggested that people who are football fans should be prepared to come out. Well this is hardly a massive opening of the closet behind my computer screen. It is merely to say we are here.

And we are not about to lift your shirts....well most of you anyway...:lolol:

Up the Albion....Oh and if any Crystal Place fan wants to make a comment I would simply say that you do have gay fans too- I should know- I dated one of them...

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Where's bloody Bighton?

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Good for you. I don't think there are many true Albion fans who genuinely have a problem with homosexuality, after all we as fans seem to encourage the gay taunts we get from opposition crowds.

Personally I'm proud of the fact that I come from a city so tolerant as Brighton (& Hove) where people from all walks of life feel truly welcomed.

The more the merrier, be they gay, straight, black, white or just mental... they can all fill up Falmer as far as I'm concerned

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I've been openly gay on here for years, it's nothing new.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Well it is when someone else comes out isn't it?

Yup, and good for him, just pointing out he's not the first.

I'm intrigued as to who his friend on here is mind, wonder if it's any of the ones I know. :wink:

IKDRF

May 1, 2009
Indeed I do, nothing wrong with that either. :smile:

Its me, we discussed the post earlier. He is the only gay in his village-its one of the smallest in West Sussex!

I can see the chants- "Does your boyfriend know your here" "yes my boyfriend knows im here-Now what about your Bail officer?"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here