Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
League 1:
The Sheffield derby: 36,364
Charlton v Stevenage: (reduced prices) 26,546

League 2:
Bradford v Hereford: 17,014 (reduced prices) Far more than Bradford's shit team deserve.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Charlton do the same as Palace and include non shows in their figures. Plus they had offers going on for that game.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Almost 40k but I assume some of these are taken away for segregation.
Yep, it holds about 39,000 but they removed a couple of rows of seats around the United fans and some of the corner bits on police advice. It seems pathetic to be honest, as the Leppings Lane end is an entirely separate stand, except for the new (ish) banks of seating in the corner.

I think South Yorks Police managed to annoy supporters of both sides by doing this. The stadium would have completely sold out apparently.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Charlton do the same as Palace and include non shows in their figures. Plus they had offers going on for that game.

You could be right but my friend who was a the game said it was packed to the rafters.

Always seen Chralton as a bit of a nothing club but this despite their lower league placing I think they can easily claim to be South London's top club.

SeagullRic

Jan 13, 2008
brighton
Yep, it holds about 39,000 but they removed a couple of rows of seats around the United fans and some of the corner bits on police advice. It seems pathetic to be honest, as the Leppings Lane end is an entirely separate stand, except for the new (ish) banks of seating in the corner.

I think South Yorks Police managed to annoy supporters of both sides by doing this. The stadium would have completely sold out apparently.

I was there in the kop and it was absolutely rammed, fantastic atmosphere! You're right though, the section in the corner between away and home fans was unused. Didn't make a huge amount of sense to me, as there was still a pretty large gap between the two stands. Not sure what the official United attendance was but they were given the whole of one end (top and bottom tier), must have been around the 5k mark.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
This Bradford team really is complete shit. I saw them earlier in the season and they were dire beyond description. Crap manager, crap players.

Jan 30, 2008
This Bradford team really is complete shit. I saw them earlier in the season and they were dire beyond description. Crap manager, crap players.
bigger fool you , don't take away the fact they've got a half decent following considering they've got huddersfield and leeds as neighbours, PUT THE SHOE ON THE OTHER FOOT EH ???

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Indeed. They are 5th bottom of the entire football league and got a gate that Championship minnows like Palace would be happy with. The notion that Bradford's team doesn't deserve such support is surely beyond argument except in the incredibly tiny mind of thickies like [MENTION=11191]Das Reich[/MENTION]. :dunce:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Stunning attaendance at Bradford - let's face it there are plenty of big grounds that wouldn't get crowds that size if they gave tickets away. Fantastic IMO

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
bigger fool you , don't take away the fact they've got a half decent following considering they've got huddersfield and leeds as neighbours, PUT THE SHOE ON THE OTHER FOOT EH ???
Are you a WUM or is this a real account?

Please tell me you're not as unbelievably thick as you make out and that I am a muppet for believing that you are actually real.

Jan 30, 2008
Indeed. They are 5th bottom of the entire football league and got a gate that Championship minnows like Palace would be happy with. The notion at Bradford's team doesn't deserve such support is surely beyond argument except in the incredibly tiny mind of thickies like [MENTION=11191]Das Reich[/MENTION]. :dunce:
BUT THEY STILL GOT 17k even on reduced entry dinlo :facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here