Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best news in the world

Willow

Jul 6, 2003
Didcot
Not sure why BG gets so much grief, his point about the NZ housing market is valid - Auckland in particular is totally over-inflated. Housing in Christchurch will be much cheaper, I am sure! I lived in Ilam for three years, which is near the suburbs you mentioned. They are nice suburbs handy for the airport. Not sure what state they are in now, though? Lots of houses have had to be condemned.

Anyway, if you have a good job lined up the hardest part is done already. Have fun exploring - some lovely countryside around there!

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Well done Chippy,hope all goes well,was there Xmas 1959 in Wellington..had a great time but over the years it has changed from when I knew it...don't miss the Albion too much...remembered our trip to Plymouth fans United..have a safe journey and see if you can get back for a few games....it's cheaper with travel vouchers...

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
You’ll have a great time. When you leave the UK for the first time there will always be some ‘what ifs’ but very few of those ever materialize. You will probably end up thinking I should have done this years ago. One of my mates in New York worked in construction in New Zealand for 5 years and loved the place, the only reason he left was because he met his wife there and she was from New York.

topbanana36

Dec 29, 2007
New Zealand
Beautiful place, live on the west coast of NZ. Miss the Albion, parents and friends. Been to both Islands, my preference is the far north, even so enjoy the ride. Bring your woolies its a bit wet and cold.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
I've just received confirmation that my visas have been approved to emigrate to New Zealand. I'm bouncing off the walls at the moment and had to share it with you lot, even though most of you won't care.

New-Zealand-240-animated-flag-gifs.gif

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Good luck mate- if you are who I now think you are then you'll be missed by us at work!!!

k2bluesky

Sep 22, 2008
Brighton
Been there 3 times love the place, I found this house plot for sale on a headland at Tutukaka last time (Oh! for the 150k it would have cost + the build!)

Attachments

• tutukaka 7 NZ.JPG
    tutukaka 7 NZ.JPG
    673.7 KB · Views: 50

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
I've just received confirmation that my visas have been approved to emigrate to New Zealand. I'm bouncing off the walls at the moment and had to share it with you lot, even though most of you won't care.

New-Zealand-240-animated-flag-gifs.gif

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Good luck to ya pal !!!!

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I hope it works out for you, but:
- it is one of the most isolated countries in the world - you really do feel you're in the middle of nowhere
- is England really that bad?
- I know people who have enjoyed it to start with, but have quickly become bored, very bored.
- How can you possibly leave the Albion??

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
I am not trying to 'piss on his chips' as you put it just pointing out that my sons mate was in exactly the same ecstatic mood when he heard but due to him not taking the correct route it all turned sour for him and if somebody can learn something from somebody else's misfortune then that is a bonus. He loved the place and way of life but couldn't afford to buy a house comparable to what he had in England as I said had he sold up completely in England and they all moved out he would have rented and then bought when the money from the sale of his house came through and would still be there now but he took the wrong route.

Two things.

1) You are clearly the most miserable man on the face of the earth, with absolutely no interpersonal skills whatsoever.
2) Full stops. You can use them to break up sentences. That way you don't sound like a babbling goon.

thisistips

Oct 17, 2010
Away away away
Woodchip, do you remember how the song goes...

Miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles to follow the greens. Thanks for organising the away day to the SW last year. Best of luck down under

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here