Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best news in the world

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Well done, good stuff, I'm really pleased for you.

Possibly next week.

Thanks for all the best wishes guys.

That doesn't leave you long to be ready for the 'thread of the year'.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Christchurch. Shaky shaky land

Congratulations matey :thumbsup: I'm well on my way in my attempt at breaking into Australia.
I was in Christchurch during the quakes, still a bit battered from when I left in June 2011.
Where about's in Christchurch are you going to? I stayed in New Brighton for a month, check the place out!

A friend of mine emigrated to New Zealand with his wife and children a year ago.He was so pleased to leave England but I`m afraid things didn`t go as well as he expected. I won`t go into detail though, because I don`t want to spoil things for you, but why did he have to do it? He was so young,it`s such a waste. And the children, I mean it`s not as if the kids had done anything to him. Oh and his poor,poor wife.She was sent home on three different planes.Anyway, Good luck.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Congratulations matey :thumbsup: I'm well on my way in my attempt at breaking into Australia.
I was in Christchurch during the quakes, still a bit battered from when I left in June 2011.
Where about's in Christchurch are you going to? I stayed in New Brighton for a month, check the place out!

Cheers mate. We're looking at Riccarton, St Albans, Merivale, Sydenham areas. The office is out near the airport so more convenient to be inland.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
I've just received confirmation that my visas have been approved to emigrate to New Zealand. I'm bouncing off the walls at the moment and had to share it with you lot, even though most of you won't care.

New-Zealand-240-animated-flag-gifs.gif

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Congratulations - you lucky bugger. The parents of some friends of mine emigrated out there and loved it - supposed to be a wonderful country to live in.
I'm envious as I haven't got anything that either they or the Aussies want. If I could I'd be out there like a shot
Go and enjoy yourself

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Lucky git:p I don't know you personally but wish you well as a fellow BHA fan :bigwave:

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Congrats!

Love NZ, especially the South Island. So many cool places around there. Loved Kaikoura and driving down the west side of the island. Not to mention Queenstown, the glaciers and the fjord areas too.

Good luck!

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
Sounds nice... for a holiday...

Personally couldn't live that far away from blighty... Good luck though...
At least you'll have wicked roast Lamb...
Hardly saw any sheep when I was there, Lamb VERY expensive to buy sadly, seems most of it goes to Japan. Venison though, now I have never seen so many deer.
Apparently there is a huge exodus of 18 to 30 year age group to Australia looking for work 'cos if you're not a farmer then there's not much else. On a plus point ,and there are many, I found it a fantastic place to visit with genuinely lovely people who were interested in where I came from and pleased that I was visiting their country.
Curiously, one fact I read on the flight home was that only approx. 10% of New Zealanders earn more than,I think,60,000 dollars a year which is fairly low as the cost of living seemed similar if not slightly higher than UK. Please don't think I'm trying to put a downer on your brilliant news 'cos I'm not. I hope you have a truly brilliant time

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I guess with you being half a day ahead, you'll have an unfair advantage, in Fanasy Tour de France.
What with you already knowing the results.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Hardly saw any sheep when I was there, Lamb VERY expensive to buy sadly, seems most of it goes to Japan. Venison though, now I have never seen so many deer.
Apparently there is a huge exodus of 18 to 30 year age group to Australia looking for work 'cos if you're not a farmer then there's not much else. On a plus point ,and there are many, I found it a fantastic place to visit with genuinely lovely people who were interested in where I came from and pleased that I was visiting their country.
Curiously, one fact I read on the flight home was that only approx. 10% of New Zealanders earn more than,I think,60,000 dollars a year which is fairly low as the cost of living seemed similar if not slightly higher than UK. Please don't think I'm trying to put a downer on your brilliant news 'cos I'm not. I hope you have a truly brilliant time

Thankfully my job is in pretty short supply over there and I'm getting a 50% pay rise (roughly) from my current wage which will put me well above the average wage.

GNF on Tour

Registered Twunt
Jul 7, 2003
Auckland
It will take a lot more than BG talking shit to piss on my bonfire. :lol:

Don't come now, its bloody freezing, just put my hot water bottle in the bed! NZ lovely place but they don't do central heating or double-glazing, this throughs most Brits when they come over, coz Winter can be very damp!

BG is right to a degree, house prices are harsh but what is really bad is availability, make sure you do your homework on housing before you come out, even renting is not that easy.

PM me if you need any help.

GNF on Tour

Registered Twunt
Jul 7, 2003
Auckland
Thankfully my job is in pretty short supply over there and I'm getting a 50% pay rise (roughly) from my current wage which will put me well above the average wage.

You must be a Structural Engineer.

Muhammad - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
good luck chippers....i hope whoever get your seat at the AMEX can sing in TUNE :wink:

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming

Seriously, You're gonna have a brilliant time then, All the very best!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here