• Pink Floyd

Votes: 7 5.9%
  • Other

Votes: 14 11.8%

• Total voters

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I saw Led Zep on a shit day,at a shit venue (Earls Court) from a shit seat (right at the back). It was the best concert I have ever seen, simply mind blowing.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Weller is the true working class hero...nobody has ever summed up what life is like for the average britain so beautifullly as he managed when the jam were at their peak.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Richie Morris said:
Oasis are far better musically then the beatles. The Beatles have been romanticised over time. Yes they were good but look at the people in the audience at gigs..it was the equivilent of a Busted fan base now. The Rolling Stones and The Kinks etc were the cool acts of the time and were doing far more musically. The Small Faces experimental work stretched music far more then the beatles three chord wonders ever did and the who were pioneers musically in a way the beatles can only dream of.

I change my vote to the who.

QUADROPHENIA FOREVER

Sums you up you buffoon.

How on earth can Oasis ever be better than the Beatles ?

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Listen to 'She loves you'.
Then listen to 'Masterplan'.
Which is more complex and developed musically?
Which band are more evocative of an entire culture then Oasis during the early 90s?

Turgid

Dec 5, 2003
Wadhurst
How the hell do the Libertines and The Verve get into that list? Not good enough to wipe the talented bottoms of the rest.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I was running low and forgot New Order, The Stone Roses, The Clash, Joy Division etc.

was trying to get a balance from the different eras, 'the libertines' were about the only current band I could mention.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Richie Morris said:
Listen to 'She loves you'.
Then listen to 'Masterplan'.
Which is more complex and developed musically?
Which band are more evocative of an entire culture then Oasis during the early 90s?

FFS take your rosy tints off you are talking absolute utter bollox of the first order.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Slagging off the beatles is mission impossible, everyone is going to have a pop at you for doing it.

I just prefer other bands thats all.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Richie Morris said:
Slagging off the beatles is mission impossible, everyone is going to have a pop at you for doing it.

I won't

What the hell do people find good about them?

Anyone who has songs with lyrics like:

She loves you, yeah, yeah, yeah

Isn't really capable of being called a great...

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
MYOB said:
I won't

What the hell do people find good about them?

Anyone who has songs with lyrics like:

Isn't really capable of being called a great...

EXACTLY!

At last someone with an ounce of taste.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
As goes British artists who *were* more influential, and in general better than the Beatles - New Order/Joy Division, Bowie, Rolling Stones, Pink Floyd, etc. I don't like a lot of the latter artists music (particularly not Pink Floyd). But at least they weren't boybands

The Beatles once asked Gay Byrne to manage them. For those of you either not Irish or with poor memories, Gay Byrne was an Irish chat show host who originally did general continuity and the like at Granada. To me, being associated with Gaybo is as much of a killer to your image as being associated with Pete Waterman now.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Blur? The Police? The Verve?
:D

Where the fug are 'The The'? Plummeting the depths of Matt Johnson's tortured soul produced probably two of the best albums known to mankind in 'Infected' and 'Soul Mining'
:p

Last edited:

Vlad the Impala

Jul 16, 2004
Since Bucks Fizz aren't there, it has got to be The Jam.

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
Richie Morris said:
Oasis are far better musically then the beatles. The Beatles have been romanticised over time. Yes they were good but look at the people in the audience at gigs..it was the equivilent of a Busted fan base now. The Rolling Stones and The Kinks etc were the cool acts of the time and were doing far more musically. The Small Faces experimental work stretched music far more then the beatles three chord wonders ever did and the who were pioneers musically in a way the beatles can only dream of.

I change my vote to the who.

QUADROPHENIA FOREVER

I'm still cleaning up from pissing my pants.

I love Oasis but the Beatles drown them in stinky urine from a massive height. Manufactured? FFS, that wasn't the case back then. Look at who they've influenced.

They are, and will always be, the greatest band ever to walk God's earth.

Harmony, melody, rhythym and soul. Not all music has to be riddled with pessimism, angst and sorrow.

Sorry, I'm shitted but I think I'm making a relatively valid point

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here