• Other

Votes: 14 11.8%

• Total voters

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
On the Left Wing said:
I still think the Faces were the most under-rated British band ever ... been listening to a lot of their stuff recently and it is awesome ....

also amazing when you think that Ron Wood went on to the Stones, Kenny Jones to the Who, Ronnie Lane (RIP) then had a superb solo career and Ian McLagen supported many great rockers (including Bob Dylan) .... and of course Rodney did rather well too ...

bloody well said . . . a f***ing brilliant band . . . .I think if old Rodders hadn't been so Scottish and headed to the States to reap all the rewards for himself they may well still be revered with the kind of respect theyre due

and Maybe Ronnie 'plonk' Lane would have had a better last few years to his life :nono:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
On the Left Wing said:
I still think the Faces were the most under-rated British band ever ... been listening to a lot of their stuff recently and it is awesome ....

also amazing when you think that Ron Wood went on to the Stones, Kenny Jones to the Who, Ronnie Lane (RIP) then had a superb solo career and Ian McLagen supported many great rockers (including Bob Dylan) .... and of course Rodney did rather well too ...

By your reasoning does that make The Yardbirds the best band EVER??

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
good analogy Chapmans the saviour . . . .the Yardbirds did mutate into Led Zep as well, pretty much, shame theyre where largely crap themselves, but fuelled loads of brilliant bands in the process

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
zefarelly said:
good analogy Chapmans the saviour . . . .the Yardbirds did mutate into Led Zep as well, pretty much, shame theyre where largely crap themselves, but fuelled loads of brilliant bands in the process

Led Zepellin, Cream, Jeff Beck Group.

My dad wouldn't stop playing me the yardbirds when i was younger.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
John Mayall's Bluesbreaker's - another forgotten gem in this thread

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Led Zepellin, Cream, Jeff Beck Group.

My dad wouldn't stop playing me the yardbirds when i was younger.

And strangely their bass player Graham Gouldman (who wrote such Yardbirds classics as Heart Full of Soul and Evil Hearted You) went on to form 10cc!!!
Quite diverse from the hard rockin/blues of Led Zep, Clapton and Beck directions

swiss tony

Aug 3, 2004
Honduras
Mr Popkins said:
is it just me or are the Libertines overrated?

think thier first album is average ,and someone gave me a pirate copy of their new album which at the moment sounds avarage as well. they are a good pub band.

No it isn't just you. They are mediocre. Their success depends on their fan base being comprised of easily impressed 18 year olds who don't know better. I'd hate to be 18 now. I was lucky enough to become legal in 1992- glory days of Madchester and house.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Greatest influence on my younger years - T.Rex - so that's who I voted for.

But for me Genesis were awesome and still the best band I've ever seen live, consistently, every time I saw them.

Closely followed by Queen, 10cc, Supertramp, Fleetwood Mac.

Wings were also bloody good live (too young to have seen the Beatles), as were / are the Rolling Stones.

I bloody love music!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here