Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bertin do we want him back now

Do you want Bertin back?

• Total voters

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
i find it quite funny that we are debating wether a player who is so much better than the majority of our players, who maybe would want to come back here, and we are suggesting that we are better without him.

Only NSC

:)

Sure most people would prefer someone signed called Gay / Bent etc........

H block humour at its finest :nono:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
NSC says go get 'im Deano:)

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
If he wants to come back I say offer him less than was on the table before to show him we don't take no shit off NOBODY and he can either take it and play his backside off in order to earn the wages he wants (either with us enjoying more success or at another club if his value rises) or he can desperately try for another club and if he WASN'T GOOD ENOUGH for Luton then who the f*** else is gonna look at him?

When Man Utd trialists get released you think they might be worth a sniff. But Luton failures? They don't even register

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
It's interesting that there are parallels with this and Iwelumo altho he wanted to come back after 12 months.

Is there anything to indicate that Bertin actually wants to take us up on any offer?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It's interesting that there are parallels with this and Iwelumo altho he wanted to come back after 12 months.

Is there anything to indicate that Bertin actually wants to take us up on any offer?

Je ne sais pas

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
el-abd or bertin in midfield - tough one

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
No, you've got to question his attitude if he can't get a game for Luton and then came back to us as a last resort so to speak. I only want players playing in the blue and white stripes who want to play for us and are proud to do so.:thud:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I don't blame Bertin at all for looking for a better deal, who wouldn't ? It's just a question of who's ego has been bruised the most though. I would be happy to have him back but not at any price.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I say take him back. Are we also saying that coz Zamora & Virgo went off to better themselves that we wouldnt have them back?

They went with the club's blessing (and we got money for them) Bertin and his agent couldn't even be bothered to tell us that he wasn't coming back. The club had to make enquiries about him because he didn't turn up for training.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
I say take him back. Are we also saying that coz Zamora & Virgo went off to better themselves that we wouldnt have them back?

Bertain is a player who has done f*** all for this club and hasn't better himself.

Zamora scored the goals the got us 2 promotions and Virgo pretty much kept us in the championship with his goals.

You cannot compare Zamora/Virgo to Bertain.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Bertain is a player who has done f*** all for this club and hasn't better himself.

Zamora scored the goals the got us 2 promotions and Virgo pretty much kept us in the championship with his goals.

You cannot compare Zamora/Virgo to Bertain.

Not player wise, but all left to better themselves. Granted, Bertin done it in totally the wrong way but hey, he's french they never did know any manners.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Not player wise, but all left to better themselves. Granted, Bertin done it in totally the wrong way but hey, he's french they never did know any manners.

I do see what your saying but he didn't even have the decency to tell us. You could compare him to Harding?!

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
In the way he is a good player that will be missed?

Don't think he was a good a player as people think. I'd rather have El-Abd play as he will put the effort in. Bertain wont. He clearly wasn't as good as people seem to think if Luton didn't want him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here