Bertin do we want him back now

Do you want Bertin back?

• Total voters

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'm glad to see the poll results show some brains out there, as the comments on this thread suggest otherwise.

Bertin hasn't killed or raped anyone so far as I remember. 'Failed to turn up for training' somebody has written. He was NOT our player as of the last game of last season. We had no more right to expect him to walk through the door for pre-season than Ronaldinhio or Kaka. they are also NOT our players.

Of course a phone call would be nice, but there you go. Its hardly the greatest slight in the history of sport is it?

The situation is painfully simple. We are in obvious need of a defensive midfielder. Bertin is a free agent, who can play that role much, much better than anyone we currently have, or have had for a good few seasons. He knows the club and all the players. We have exactly the same need for him now as we did when we first tabled our offer - we've signed nobody else in the meantime.

We should call him today and tell him the original offer still stands -take it or leave it. If he says 'oui' then I for one will be very pleased. If he says 'non' then we move forward.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Football is a businesss. As a free agent Bertin has the right to look for the best job. We are not it. If no one else wants him and he comes back then we should take him as we can't do better. Simple.

Yes, he or his agent haven't been particularly polite but if business was decided on grounds of politeness in this country we would have sunk years ago.

Football is a businesss. As a free agent Bertin has the right to look for the best job. We are not it. If no one else wants him and he comes back then we should take him as we can't do better. Simple.

Yes, he or his agent haven't been particularly polite but if business was decided on grounds of politeness in this country we would have sunk years ago.

Oh yeah? Try it on YOUR employers and see how it works out for you. ???

"weeell I think I just won't call the office (or foreman) and let him know what I'm up to. I'm looking for another job anyway, so not much chance I'll need to bother letting them know where I am"

Since WHEN has this been understandable professional behaviour ????

So what if he's a free agent, if I am a contractor and don't bother returning client calls because I think I have a lead on a bigger job, this just isn't professionally sharp behaviour either!

If I were a customer I'd certainly seriously consider hiring a new 'professional' for the job

Last edited:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

"weeell I think I just won't call the office (or foreman) and let him know what I'm up to. I'm looking for another job anyway, so not much chance I'll need to bother letting them know where I am"

So what if he's a free agent, if I am a contractor and don't bother returning client calls because I think I have a lead on a bigger job, this just isn't professionally sharp behaviour either!

If I were a customer I'd certainly seriously consider hiring a new 'professional' for the job

If you were a temp would you call your previous workplace even though your 'contract' is up? We could surely have got hold of his agent. Presumably we spoke to Bertin after his last appearance and he didn't leave without saying goodbye...?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If you were a temp would you call your previous workplace even though your 'contract' is up? We could surely have got hold of his agent. Presumably we spoke to Bertin after his last appearance and he didn't leave without saying goodbye...?

Bollocks to making excuses, he was allegedly offered a deal here and allegedly didn't have the decency or manners to let the club know yes or no.

If this is true I accept that some may think it reasonable behaviour I find it pig ignorant

*old fashioned*

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Bollocks to making excuses, he was allegedly offered a deal here and allegedly didn't have the decency or manners to let the club know yes or no.

If this is true I accept that some may think it reasonable behaviour I find it pig ignorant

*old fashioned*

i think the telling word of the post above is " allegedly". No-one knows what he was offered, only Herr Knight.

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
I am in agreement with NMH.

However this my view. Would you take back a partner who has dicked you about? Possibly not. Well I would not for one. If Bertain wants to play for Luton, whith a Boy Racer chairman, let him. To me he should be treated like an ex. I know who and what she is all about, and I never look back.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I for one would welcome back the most talented holding midfielder we have had in years, pig ignorant or not.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I for one would welcome back the most talented holding midfielder we have had in years, pig ignorant or not.

You may do but how obvious does it need to be made that he has no interest in coming back here, hence his behaviour..I would have thought anyway

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
You may do but how obvious does it need to be made that he has no interest in coming back here, hence his behaviour..I would have thought anyway

Sorry, the question at the top of the thread is "Do you want him back?" not "Will him come back?"

Also this thing about 'his behaviour'. Is it inconcievable that he thinks that his representatives have politely let the club know of his plans. Given that he pays people good money to look after his interests and that he speaks little or no English himself, might he not think this is under control?

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Sorry, the question at the top of the thread is "Do you want him back?" not "Will him come back?"

Also this thing about 'his behaviour'. Is it inconcievable that he thinks that his representatives have politely let the club know of his plans. Given that he pays people good money to look after his interests and that he speaks little or no English himself, might he not think this is under control?

Possibly but he was given a platform to launch a career in England. He did well and now it seems that both the club and he (at the moment) anyway are the losers. How you conduct yourself in business generally has an influence on how your career pans out. It SEEMS that he has pissed off the Albion hierarchy and not got another club either. Shame.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Don't most players operate though agents? I don't think his 'behaviour' is anything out of the ordinary when you look at many many footballers. If anything, this anger should be directed at the agent system.

There are not many players that declare their love for a club and actually mean it. Most moves are either a step up, for more money or another rung on the ladder to put themselves in the transfer window.

Do we need a WHOLE squad of players that 'bleed blue and white'?

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey

OK... first half of your reply ısn't relevnt because he doesn't have an employer. Sercond half.... I agree with you but there are many many cases of swallowed pride in business. I didn't say what he did is GOOD business but no good contractor will take lesser quality regardless of how impolite the free agent is.

Lawro's Lip

Feb 14, 2004
West Kent
Is all this just speculation or is there any indication either that the club want him back or he wants to come.

Just interested. Don't mind speculation. :)

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
We need a player of his type; FACT
He has no current club; FACT
The club still want him; Speculation, but they SHOULD.
He would be happy to come back; Speculation [though he's hiding it pretty well if he does!]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here