Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bertin do we want him back now

Do you want Bertin back?

• Total voters

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Don't think he was a good a player as people think. I'd rather have El-Abd play as he will put the effort in. Bertain wont. He clearly wasn't as good as people seem to think if Luton didn't want him.

Luton only saw him in a couple of dodgy friendlies. We saw him in numerous league games - I think we are in a much better position than Luton to access his capabilities as a footballer.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Some people really have the team they want talentless grafters who give 110%, and then wonder why Brighton finish near the bottom of the table.

On principal, if the club relents to allow some rude turd a place back in the fold after treating The Albion shabbily, then such compromise sends a message of weakness to the other members of staff.

I don't care if this is Ronaldo, he shouldn't treat MY football club like it doesn't matter and that he's too good for us.

See ya Bertin, don't bother with a postcard old chap, we'll assume you are having a boring time and wish you were HERE.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
On principal, if the club relents to allow some rude turd a place back in the fold after treating The Albion shabbily, then such compromise sends a message of weakness to the other members of staff.

I don't care if this is Ronaldo, he shouldn't treat MY football club like it doesn't matter and that he's too good for us.

Oh the irony from the Leon Knight apologist. :lol:

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Luton only saw him in a couple of dodgy friendlies. We saw him in numerous league games - I think we are in a much better position than Luton to access his capabilities as a footballer.

Indeed and I dont think his capabilities allow him to treat us the way he has, its not like he is Ronaldinho.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I'm with you all the way on that one, but do you really think Bertin was anything other than a slightly glorified grafter? Granted, he was better than El Abd, or any other midfielder we have to play with Hammond this year, but he wasn't the sort of flair genius that I want.

He was a hell of a lot better than whats here now.

I rate Reid dont get me wrong, but it seems we are pining a lot of hope on a player who hasnt played a great deal of football over the past few seasons in the middle of the park to do a job there.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
He was a hell of a lot better than whats here now.

I rate Reid dont get me wrong, but it seems we are pining a lot of hope on a player who hasnt played a great deal of football over the past few seasons in the middle of the park to do a job there.

I agree, it is a lot to ask a player when he hasn't played for so long - especially in that position.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Don't think he was a good a player as people think. I'd rather have El-Abd play as he will put the effort in. Bertain wont. He clearly wasn't as good as people seem to think if Luton didn't want him.

i will put the effort in - maybe i should offer myself?

i think the key is you should always be looking to improve your team, and while i agree that he was ridiculously over rated, he would still be an improvement on what we have

its interesting that people don't want bertin back, yet iwelumo did exactly the same thing to the club and quite a few ridicule the fact we didn't bring him back. although i guess any excuse to have a go at mcghee

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
its interesting that people don't want bertin back, yet iwelumo did exactly the same thing to the club and quite a few ridicule the fact we didn't bring him back. although i guess any excuse to have a go at mcghee

I said the same thing.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
If he is prepared to bite the bullet then so should we, on the evidence I saw last season he was one of our better players and was certainly far more than adequate at this level, I would take him back but on our terms not his.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I'd take Bertin back tomorrow. He has more creativity in his little finger than most of our players have in the rest of their bodies. We should sign him and up our salry offer to do so.....NOW

If he can do the job required in midfield-why would anybody not want him back? All he did was look for a better deal, something each and every one of us do on a regular basis. It's not as though he wished ill-fortune and relegation on the club like a certain Little Shite. All he did was look for a better pay deal which he's entitled to do as a free agent. Who can honestly say they wouldn't do just that given the opportunity?

Personally, I'm not sure that he is what we need but I do know we need him in midfield more than we need El Strop.

Last edited:

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
If he can do the job required in midfield-why would anybody not want him back? All he did was look for a better deal, something each and every one of us do on a regular basis. It's not as though he wished ill-fortune and relegation on the club like a certain Little Shite. All he did was look for a better pay deal which he's entitled to do as a free agent. Who can honestly say they wouldn't do just that given the opportunity?

Exactly. Its not as if he was even contracted to us, we only had him on loan til the end of last season and people are acting as if he is some sort of traitor or something!

Its the Dan Hardings and co who go off in search of glory while still contracted to clubs that annoy me - Bertin did nothing wrong as far as I can see.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
he's been given the heave- ho by Kevin Blackwell?

No pussyfooting about no fence sitting straight yes or no assuming we can sort out sensible wages and length of contract.

I would be a fence but as there is no choice I'd tell him to keep on going to Newhaven without bothering to stop

Of course we'd bloody well want him back.
Way way better than anything we've got in a holding midfield position, in fact he's way better than anyone in the division in that role.

All very well to sit there and say we won't have him back cos he wanted to leave, but in our shitty position, we just can't afford to do things like that.

Come back Bertin!!

Oh the irony from the Leon Knight apologist. :lol:

What are you on about?

Knight turned out and tried to score goals.
That (Magoo) arse YOU kissed, after playing him out position for months, alienated him from the fans, and I can't blame him for wanting out after getting it in the ear from all angles.

Bertin was accepted by us, praised, yet doesn't have the courtesy to pay us a phone call? He must've thought he was well on his way up, and we could eat his dust.
Jumped-up twat.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here