Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bertin do we want him back now

Do you want Bertin back?

• Total voters

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
What have they got to gain by lying?

i am not saying they did lie here, obviously its impossible to know. but it could be to make him look like the bad game in all this

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Midfield is el-Abd's best position, it was proven by several performances there last season. We need one player who will get stuck in in the middle of the park, and display some spirit.
Bertin was never that player, and he's not all that, either.

I agree with you that El-Abd can play a good role in midfield as long as he keeps it simple! Sit back, win tackles, break up play and play the simple ball to another Albion player. Thats what he done when he first started playing in midfield and thats what he does best. It goes wrong when he starts to over elaborate and then starts rolling around the ground like some little pansy when an opposition player gets a bit rough with him. That I dont want to see!

I still think we've got room for Bertin within our squad though, the fella did show some class at times and playing alongside a fit Hammond they could do some damage between them.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
i find it quite funny that we are debating wether a player who is so much better than the majority of our players, who maybe would want to come back here, and we are suggesting that we are better without him.

Only NSC

:)
Yes - well, 18-something% of NSC anyway. Empty vessels make the most noise.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
reasons, you need reasons?:thud:
Yes. Most people give reasons for their opinions.

In this case (Bertin) what have the club got to gain by lying? It's a simple question.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005

In this case (Bertin) what have the club got to gain by lying? It's a simple question.

a person of your intelligence should not be asking such a question, the answer is simple. Work it out.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003

the club offer him a one year deal. reason he doesnt accept is that he wants more security. board realise the fans are already discontented with the lack of action in the transfer market in recent season, and there failure to give one of our better players a contract he will sign will cause even more unrest - especially since falmer seems to be dragging on at this point. in order to save face, they say they offered a two year contract

just a scenario :)

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006

Step aside algie the real Nazi's are moving in! Heil Yorkie!

Attachments

• hitler.jpg
    hitler.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 9

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
the club offer him a one year deal. reason he doesnt accept is that he wants more security. board realise the fans are already discontented with the lack of action in the transfer market in recent season, and there failure to give one of our better players a contract he will sign will cause even more unrest - especially since falmer seems to be dragging on at this point. in order to save face, they say they offered a two year contract

just a scenario :)

We'd already got Forster by then.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Turns out Bertin recently ASKED to come back, but the club promptly told him where to go. Mainly for the reasons people have said on this thread, ie he didn't want to play for us, and phoned Knight when nothing else was offered. Well done club!

I don't expect you to disclose your source, but it is a reliable?

If this is the case, then we should back track and get him in! How many players of his quality are floating about? I would rather we had a permanent than a loan. We don't need a squad full of fans, we need some talent!

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Mentally he isnt better.

Give me an Oatway over a Bertin ANY day.

Absolutely agree. Bertin doesn't want to play for us, so I don't want him to. Attitude counts for a lot with me, and Bertin's isn't right for us. Oatway strength of character, and determination to do well, and his committment to the Albion more than made up for anything Bertin may have over him ability-wise.

And while everyone goes over-board about just how good Bertin was / is, let's not forget how absolutely gash we were at the end of last season. It's not as if he was turning us into a great side over-night, or even a good one, we were stinking the place out at times.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here