Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ben White - Sings new FOUR year deal.

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
The issue is somewhat bigger than just Ben White. Personally whilst white looks class, he’s untested & I firmly believe we would be foolish to split the Webster / Dunk partnership. Can we keep a player who’s allegedly worth £30m plus as a reserve. Regardless a player worth in excess of that money should surely command £100k per week? So how much are Webster & Dunk worth if they are ahead of him ?

Regardless of contracts signed; any player would not wish to stay at a club when he would earn a fraction of his salary elsewhere. The flip side he leaves and a reserve starts earning £80k per week at another club, what does that signal to players who are ahead of him?

It’s a mess but illustrates the biggest dilemma in football atm. Wages and transparency of the opportunities elsewhere.

I personally would sell him and use the funds to sign a top goal scorer. Where to ? The highest bidder preferably with a sell on clause if it’s not a Man Utd, city or chelsea.

Another Leeds fan :rolleyes:

He's definitely not going to Leeds of all clubs you numpty :lolol:

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
£50 million has never been quoted. That's more than Nathan Ake. That is delusional.

What you want all of a sudden changes as soon as the player makes it known he wants out.

The press have quoted £50 million, that is because Little club Leeds have pushed it that high with you desperation to get him. Thank you Leeds, we Sent you a player who apparently we did not know existed, you paid his wages for us, made him the player he is now, we take him back and you help raise his profile even more with stupid # tags and petitions raising his value. **** off now we will take over from here.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Sorry for the impending one post thread drift... it really should be on the "deluded Leeds fans thread" .... seems this statement of facts above, hasn't gone down to well in the fantasy land of delusions - Wacko. So in the vein hope of helping Mulder (who seems OK bless him) to snap out of his delusions, I hope this learning by pictures factual exercise may help.

View attachment 127365

View attachment 127366

View attachment 127367

Of course in fantasy land their promotion winning average gate (games played divided by attendees was max capacity).. meanwhile on planet earth.

View attachment 127368

And Brightons promotion winning season (as originally posted) chin up Mulder. p.s Its the seagull one just above you

View attachment 127369

And the all previous seasons back to 12/13 as originally posted (in the same division) Notice any pattern here Delusionists?

View attachment 127370
View attachment 127371
View attachment 127372
View attachment 127373

Now what was I said again?? maybe next time look up the facts rather than imagine what you'd like to be real.

Now back to Ben White.... Is he staying? :cool:

Something to do with total still being divided by 23 even though they played 4-5 games behind closed doors probably. Noticed that all clubs averages are 2-3K down from usual levels.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Yes, the club are prepared to offer £25 million pounds for a player they want as a PR stunt.

These posts are getting more and more delusional.

It’s just not fair! He’s Leeds through and through and Bielsa made him the player he is!!

#freebenwhite [emoji24][emoji24][emoji24]

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
https://twitter.com/AndyNaylorBHAFC/status/1296183868001853442?s=20

Latest on Ben White from Naylor. There is a third bid. Expected to be rejected. Expected to be their last bid.

https://theathletic.com/1959808/2020/08/19/transfer-news-tracker-leeds-ben-white/

I actually can't access this so please let me know what it says :)

“Their final try”

As I theorised above, it’s such a weird minimal amount to raise a bid buy. It’s a combo of appeasement to the fans “hey, we’ve tried” and a last ditch hope that Ben would have a change of heart.

This could be the end of the freebenwhite madness.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
£50 million has never been quoted. That's more than Nathan Ake. That is delusional.

What you want all of a sudden changes as soon as the player makes it known he wants out.

Maybe you should go and start another change.org petition and a few memes. Go and cry with your little Leeds buddies about how unfair and how greedy Brighton are.

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
“Their final try”

As I theorised above, it’s such a weird minimal amount to raise a bid buy. It’s a combo of appeasement to the fans “hey, we’ve tried” and a last ditch hope that Ben would have a change of heart.

This could be the end of the freebenwhite madness.

Yeah, I've been saying this for ages. Imagine trying to mange this deluded fan base!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

A player “wanting out” doesn’t lower value. It’s been highlighted to the world by Leeds, thank you, that a Brighton player is incredible. Now with interest from a far larger, CL club or two.

£25m would be derisory for a young footballing genius.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
https://twitter.com/AndyNaylorBHAFC/status/1296183868001853442?s=20

Latest on Ben White from Andy Naylor. There is a third bid. Expected to be rejected. Expected to be their last bid.

https://theathletic.com/1959808/2020/08/19/transfer-news-tracker-leeds-ben-white/

I actually can't access this so please let me know what it says :)

Screenshot_20200819-224544.png

Screenshot_20200819-224605.png

tonyt

Feb 23, 2009
Have we ever had a player that has attracted as much attention as Ben White before?
I can’t think of anyone.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

They’ve submitted an offer of a guaranteed £25 million, plus additional clauses based on individual and team performance.
Leeds are indicating it is the final offer they will make for the 22-year-old central defender, who starred in their Championship title-winning campaign on loan from Brighton.
White’s parent club are expected to reject Leeds once again, having turned down two earlier bids, the second for £22 million. A source tells The Athletic that Brighton have “no interest in selling him whatsoever.”

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
As I said earlier this evening this is their final effort. They know it won’t be successful but have to give it a go to appease their fans before they go for Koch. Hopefully this draw a line under this.

jabba

Jul 15, 2009
York
I wonder why he's turning down the "third offer of a new deal"? Surely the club want to extend his contract so is a bargaining chip should he be sold (maybe not now but in future)?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here