Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ben White - Sings new FOUR year deal.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Ben White

@%1; What did I tell you Pabs, did I call it or what?

If reports are true.. and let’s be honest, that’s a big if, it is a weird amount to raise your bid by.

So you wonder if it’s simply to appease their fans. “Look. We tried. Now let’s move on”.

Now go cry and make another petition, meme, mug or whatever with your Leeds buddies. Btw only a deluded Leeds-ite could name themselves after Radiohead’s worst album.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I wonder why he's turning down the "third offer of a new deal"? Surely the club want to extend his contract so is a bargaining chip should he be sold (maybe not now but in future)?
White’s current Albion contract is piss poor relative to his current status, although it was clearly decent enough when it was negotiated and signed.

Of course he will be negotiating hard on a renewal - you’d not expect anything less - it it says absolutely nothing about his desire to leave, or otherwise.

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
Have we ever had a player that has attracted as much attention as Ben White before?
I can’t think of anyone.

It's going to keep happening as we get better.

Bissouma already starting to attract some Arsenal fans.

But this was a very specific set of circumstances. The perfect storm for media attention.
Because of the loan worked out so well. Our player became Leeds best performer and led to promotion to the Premier League for the first time in 16 years.
Add deluded Leeds fans into the mix and internal pressure from Bielsa.
A #FreeBenWhite campaign on twitter that trended at number 1 in the UK.

As long as we keep Ben White this will make a fantastic case study of how to bring attention to your club and raise the value of your young players via loans to clubs with big deluded fanbases.
Could be good marketing as long as we always hold on to the player.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I wonder why he's turning down the "third offer of a new deal"? Surely the club want to extend his contract so is a bargaining chip should he be sold (maybe not now but in future)?

Let’s be honest - if Duffy is on 40k/week and has been a first team player, and we want White to replace him I’m sure his agent is pushing for at least that deal.

Either we don’t want him on that wage because perhaps it sends the wrong message to other U23s, or we want to be sure we can offload Duffy first before committing to that kind of money.

Or he knows Leeds will pay 50k/week odd and if we are turning down £30M bids then his agent will be saying we should be paying wages in-line with the bids we are rejecting

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC

Deals/contracts have a LOT of moving parts.

My guess, the club has time on its side and probably wants to see how he performs in Prem tbh.

The Leeds circus has made everything very cloudy. Hype surrounding any player from the Championship should be taken with a large pinch of salt.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Be surprised if Pablohoney comes back, will quietly skulk off into his hole and start dreaming of the champions league the season after

Oh Pabs and Killer Willie will both come back. They’ll move onto the anger phase next. “Ben White is over rated, he’s terrible under Potter” etc.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Let’s be honest - if Duffy is on 40k/week and has been a first team player, and we want White to replace him I’m sure his agent is pushing for at least that deal.

Either we don’t want him on that wage because perhaps it sends the wrong message to other U23s, or we want to be sure we can offload Duffy first before committing to that kind of money.

Or he knows Leeds will pay 50k/week odd and if we are turning down £30M bids then his agent will be saying we should be paying wages in-line with the bids we are rejecting

He probably wants a Prem league wage.

We probably want to give him a contract which isn’t at that level yet but with incentives and increases during the length of the contract.

Imagine we are trying to hold fire and wait while his agent is pushing hard now

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto

It's not in his best interest to sign a new deal with us until after the transfer window has closed.

He and his agent will wait and see if an actual big club e.g Liverpool, Chelsea come in for him.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

Duffy is a full international with plenty of experience at this level. Having a tiered, incentivised approach would be better, 40kpw after first season etc. Bloom still holds all the cards, we have 3 seasons with the 1 year option, we're under no obligation to sell for 24 months. Leave best offer on table, tell him he will not be sold this summer and its up to him and his agent to choose if he wants the new contract or to stay on current.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Deals/contracts have a LOT of moving parts.

My guess, the club has time on its side and probably wants to see how he performs in Prem tbh.

The Leeds circus has made everything very cloudy. Hype surrounding any player from the Championship should be taken with a large pinch of salt.

Yep. And we all know how our club operates under Bloom. Everything firmly behind closed doors, slowly moving forward, nothing irrational or knee jerk. The club will be acting extremely professionally with White over the matter.

No need for us to be worried about anything anyway, we hold all the cards. Whatever happens in the end, it'll smell of roses for us. I think, in reality, that's what's winding the Leeds fans up so much. Deep down they know it, but refuse to accept it. That's what's making it so entertaining for us, which the Leeds fans also refuse to accept.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

At the moment lots of rumours of top 6 clubs with interest in him, if he has an improved and extended contract with us it could make a move more expensive and therefore less likely, and also reduce any signing on payment that might be offered.
If I was him I would wait a while to see if a big club makes a move.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Duffy is a full international with plenty of experience at this level. Having a tiered, incentivised approach would be better, 40kpw after first season etc. Bloom still holds all the cards, we have 3 seasons with the 1 year option, we're under no obligation to sell for 24 months. Leave best offer on table, tell him he will not be sold this summer and its up to him and his agent to choose if he wants the new contract or to stay on current.

Not disagreeing with that, but it’s his agents job to get Ben the best deal and that’s what he will be saying. If you are offloading Duffy and expect White to replace him and be a first team player then he should be paid accordingly.

I think by the end of the window Ben will sign a new deal with us but will be plenty of twists and turns

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Not disagreeing with that, but it’s his agents job to get Ben the best deal and that’s what he will be saying. If you are offloading Duffy and expect White to replace him and be a first team player then he should be paid accordingly.

I think by the end of the window Ben will sign a new deal with us but will be plenty of twists and turns

Ben White needs to start concentrating on his football and not his newfound celebrity or adoration from former Jeremy Kyle contestants.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here