Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ben White - Sings new FOUR year deal.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Still no reports of a transfer request. So nothing going on other than an ever desperate Northern club

PabloHoney

Aug 11, 2020
If reports are true.. and let’s be honest, that’s a big if, it is a weird amount to raise your bid by.

So you wonder if it’s simply to appease their fans. “Look. We tried. Now let’s move on”.

Yes, the club are prepared to offer £25 million pounds for a player they want as a PR stunt.

These posts are getting more and more delusional.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Yes, the club are prepared to offer £25 million pounds for a player they want as a PR stunt.

When the quoted transfer price is 50m why would your desperate club offer a derisory reportedly 25m. I tell you why it's in the knowledge that they know it will get rejected because they cannot afford him

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
The longer it drags on, the more fun and needy Leeds fans get. We save money on his old contract, Less time for Leeds to get a replacement, we don't need to sell, and if or when we do we make a profit. I

When you look back at all the players we have let go, other than Ulloa and Maybe Virgo, I bet they all regret leaving.
Ben White needs to think about, go Leeds and be a Messiah and hero worshipped when the team are doing well, also have passionate fans turn against him when they are struggling, they will struggle this season I'm sure about that. Big fish little pond.
Stay at Brighton, With a new improved contract get your head down and earn a starting place, playing with better proven experienced premier league players, at a stable established club. A good season at Brighton will earn him that big money move.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Seriously though can we afford to forsake £25m plus if we’re not going to play him. The choice in my view is play him or sell him, if he’s left in the stiffs everybody loses most of us as our asset depreciates in value.

Who says we're not going to play him?

C'mon you can do better than this. If you are going to troll at least make a decent attempt at it.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
No point listening to all these reports. They've been proved to be lies time and time again (Dunk going to Chelsea, Leeds bidding £30m). Just ignore it until we hear that he's signed a new contract or someones paid us some serious dosh for his services.

Only a couple of certainties with this. Either Ben White will be playing for us next season or we'll be at least £30-40million richer. A year ago we paid roughly £20-22million for Adam Webster from a Bristol City team who didnt even make the playoffs. Why then would we accept relatively not much more for arguably the best centre back in last seasons Championship, who is still under contract to us for 2 (possibly 3) years??

Ignoring if this transfer will or wont go ahead, if this was just about placing a value on a player depending on his attributes then you could say somewhere around the £20million mark is reasonable, but thats not the situation. This is a player we have no intention of selling, want to be part of our first team and we are not short of money, so Leeds (like anyone else) will have to pay over his value. Was Maguire worth £80million? No. But Leicester didnt want to lose him, so United had to pay a bigger fee to tempt them. Its how transfers work. If someone wants Ben White they're going to have to pay enough for us then to buy a similar replacement plus some extra to make it worth our while. That sum does not equal £25million....

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

Coming from the fanbase that made a bloody hashtag trying to sign him, the fanbase that act as though he is a Leeds player, the fanbase that seem to think we somehow owe them something for letting him join you for a season.

Jog on kid.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Offered £25m knowing there’s not a snowball’s chance in hell of it being accepted......but that the BS-swallowing goons on WANKCOE (plus the few stinking this place out) will lap it up and think there’s still a chance

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
They're really not a 'Huge' club though. This year the championship winning season they averaged less than we did in our promotion season and every season from 2012 to when we went up in 2017 we averaged more in the Amex every season in the same division, than they did in Bellend Road. They've got a pretty big world wide fanbase and the old Leeds had its Halcyon days half a century ago, but you cannot compare them with the top cubs in size or stature. They're wannabees

No doubt a load of JCL's, plastics, day trippers and woodwork fans will come out now theyre in the PL to supplement their championship average (thats less than ours) and i do not thing we're bigger, but they are not a huge club by any stretch

Sorry for the impending one post thread drift... it really should be on the "deluded Leeds fans thread" .... seems this statement of facts above, hasn't gone down to well in the fantasy land of delusions - Wacko. So in the vein hope of helping Mulder (who seems OK bless him) to snap out of his delusions, I hope this learning by pictures factual exercise may help.

wacko6.jpg

wacko7.jpg

View attachment 127367

Of course in fantasy land their promotion winning average gate (games played divided by attendees was max capacity).. meanwhile on planet earth.

wacko.jpg

And Brightons promotion winning season (as originally posted) chin up Mulder. p.s Its the seagull one just above you

wacko1.jpg

And the all previous seasons back to 12/13 as originally posted (in the same division) Notice any pattern here Delusionists?

wacko2.jpg
wacko3.jpg
wacko4.jpg
wacko5.jpg

Now what was I said again?? maybe next time look up the facts rather than imagine what you'd like to be real.

Now back to Ben White.... Is he staying? :cool:View attachment 127375

Last edited:

PabloHoney

Aug 11, 2020
When the quoted transfer price is 50m why would your desperate club offer a derisory reportedly 25m. I tell you why it's in the knowledge that they know it will get rejected because they cannot afford him

£50 million has never been quoted. That's more than Nathan Ake. That is delusional.

What you want all of a sudden changes as soon as the player makes it known he wants out.

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Seriously though can we afford to forsake £25m plus if we’re not going to play him. The choice in my view is play him or sell him, if he’s left in the stiffs everybody loses most of us as our asset depreciates in value.

He hasn't cost us anything, even if we hold him to his contact, at some point before it ends someone will bid for him. We don't need the money.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
£50 million has never been quoted. That's more than Nathan Ake. That is delusional.

What you want all of a sudden changes as soon as the player makes it known he wants out.

You need to read the papers a bit more rather than sit in that little bubble, 50m is quoted by Chelsea, Liverpool, M Utd as the starting price. Like I say your board just making up the numbers

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005

Who has said he wants out? You really are tiresome... where is your evidence?

He’s our player.. we will charge what we want and there’s nowt you can do about it! Stay in your lane gobshite

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here