Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ben White - Sings new FOUR year deal.

Thompson720

Jan 5, 2019
Patcham
He is hardly going to stay at home when the rest of his current team mates are lapping up the party scene around the dump of a ground. However by next week he will have said bye to them and return to his club, the one that is embarking on it's 4th season at the top table, playing in a wonderful stadium with a passionate wealthy owner.

Jesus the other night I watched Stockdale jump around as if he'd won the lottery, celebrating Wycombe getting promoted, a club he played twice for while on loan. A little perspective required.
Absolutely this. [emoji1319]

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
He is hardly going to stay at home when the rest of his current team mates are lapping up the party scene around the dump of a ground. However by next week he will have said bye to them and return to his club, the one that is embarking on it's 4th season at the top table, playing in a wonderful stadium with a passionate wealthy owner.

Jesus the other night I watched Stockdale jump around as if he'd won the lottery, celebrating Wycombe getting promoted, a club he played twice for while on loan. A little perspective required.

Correct

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I don’t really understand that ‘don’t seem to a relegation rival thing’ If Leeds spend don’t spend money on Ben White, they are going to buy another player. It’s not like they will either spend £60m or £90m for the summer.

That being said, I hope he stays at Brighton :). I do fear, however, that he would prefer Leeds. He is guaranteed a spot there, but not here.

He might get a spot on the pitch but be shite and dropped and his career ruined, or he could come back here be introduced slowly into the team, where he's not under pressure as we have cover should his form dip and flourish under a controlled manner. You know, in a planned development similar to the pathway he has been following.

Managing expectations is key. If as he appears to be, a reasonably clever individual he will understand what is best for him.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
He deserves to celebrate with his current teammates, we hold all the aces and if Bloom wants him to stay with us , then he does , simple as that .

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
I think it’s inevitable either Dunk or White is going to leave us in the summer window. White will be wanting first team football and it’s whether he’s going to get it here with Dunk in the side.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Going from CB to DM is a lot more difficult that you might think, you do a hell of a lot more running in CM and much more pressure on your passing, when you play CB a lot of the time you can pass the ball out without much pressure.

Ben White played CDM for Leeds v Barnsley the other night (not for the first time) and the commentators were crowing about his performance.
Expect him to play there.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I think it’s inevitable either Dunk or White is going to leave us in the summer window. White will be wanting first team football and it’s whether he’s going to get it here with Dunk in the side.

So we can't play with three CB's then or even put him in midfield.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
Ben White played CDM for Leeds v Barnsley the other night (not for the first time) and the commentators were crowing about his performance.
Expect him to play there.

Could see him playing the Stephens role in front of a back four, giving us the option to seamlessly switch to a back five on the fly. If him, Dunk and Webster could forge an understanding our central defensive unit could be excellent next year.

Alternatively we flog him and spend the proceeds on a worldly CM playmaker or prolific striker.

Bloody nice position to be in.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I don’t really understand that ‘don’t seem to a relegation rival thing’ If Leeds spend don’t spend money on Ben White, they are going to buy another player. It’s not like they will either spend £60m or £90m for the summer.

That being said, I hope he stays at Brighton :). I do fear, however, that he would prefer Leeds. He is guaranteed a spot there, but not here.

Because he’s been an outstanding performer for them and the foundation for their defence. Taking him away is a massive blow for them.

Of course they can buy some one else, that’s obvious. But there’s an element of risk buying Unknown’s and pinning survival hopes on them (Villa).

So yes, denying them Ben White is without question a blow to a relegation rival.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

Why is it inevitable Dunk will leave?

And Ben White will get first team football. This is precisely the plan we’ve had for him. Why do you think we’ve spent all this time developing him, and, importantly, refused to give Leeds a loan to purchase agreement?

I guess there’s a chance, but “inevitable”? Hell no.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon

I don't think it's a foregone conclusion at all. potter has shown he's willing to switch the formations up, so he won't have trouble fitting them in. if we ever want to establish ourselves as midtable/low top half, we need a squad that has true strength in depth, not lots of players who's sole job is cover. people have to be able to come in and do a job and I'd say centre back is one area where we've come the closest to this. everyone, or most players, have to be in healthy competition. of course white will want first team football, but surely he'll back himself and his ability to get in the side here

Thompson720

Jan 5, 2019
Patcham
Re: 2020-21 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

[http://www]by*lufctrav*» Today, 01:12

etrangier wrote: "Sadly,*Ben*White*hardly will stay with Leeds. Brighton plans to offer him to Liverpool by 40 millions. I think the club should to make a big effort for Harrison, an authentic pillar on the left wing.

I believe there's an £8M purchase option at the end of his loan. I'd be surprised if it wasn't finalised."

It's laughable really.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Re: 2020-21 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

[http://www]by*lufctrav*» Today, 01:12

etrangier wrote: "Sadly,*Ben*White*hardly will stay with Leeds. Brighton plans to offer him to Liverpool by 40 millions. I think the club should to make a big effort for Harrison, an authentic pillar on the left wing.

I believe there's an £8M purchase option at the end of his loan. I'd be surprised if it wasn't finalised."

It's laughable really.
A good deal for all concerned giving us decent funds for a striker and to boost Dunk's contract.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here