Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ben White - Sings new FOUR year deal.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Could totally understand if he did say he wanted to stay at Leeds, not because they’re THE LEEDS UNITED but he’s had a great season with them, probably winning the league and working for a world class manager. Also he is probably guaranteed to play week in week out there which he isn’t here at the moment.

But am I alone in not really being bothered if we keep or sell him anyway as long as it’s for the right price?

As good as he’s been in the lower divisions, he hasn’t played in the premier league so we don’t know if he is good enough yet and he has never really played for us so I have no real attachment to him as a player.

If we keep him and he does turn out to be a good premier league player, great. If we sell him and get £40m or whatever then great.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Could totally understand if he did say he wanted to stay at Leeds, not because they’re THE LEEDS UNITED but he’s had a great season with them, probably winning the league and working for a world class manager. Also he is probably guaranteed to play week in week out there which he isn’t here at the moment.

But am I alone in not really being bothered if we keep or sell him anyway as long as it’s for the right price?

As good as he’s been in the lower divisions, he hasn’t played in the premier league so we don’t know if he is good enough yet and he has never really played for us so I have no real attachment to him as a player.

If we keep him and he does turn out to be a good premier league player, great. If we sell him and get £40m or whatever then great.

I used to think like this but I’m the opposite now .

I really want to keep him . I want him to slot into our team and be the absolute nuts . Get capped for England and have a superstar in our team that we produced . Then we will see his value sky rocket . We need a player like him so saves us some business in the summer

I also don’t want Leeds having him . It would be absolutely lovely to deliver a hammer blow to them and weaken their side straight away .

Leeds being Leeds they will always assume they are the greatest club in the world . Winning this battle for white would be a nice introduction into the premier league .

Unfortunately , Leeds v us is an argument we are likely to lose at but I’m hopeful if white is as special as he could be . His attitude will also be spot on and he will quietly get on with it and do as we wish .

The moment he starts making noises about going is probably the beginning of the end .

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire

Given we got the pick of championship defenders last year for £20m, I doubt we’d get anywhere near 40.
Whatever the case, we should definitely keep him. Players of that calibre are so hard to come by and why reinforce one of our rivals?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I can't wait to booo him.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Ben White

As good as he’s been in the lower divisions, he hasn’t played in the premier league so we don’t know if he is good enough yet and he has never really played for us so I have no real attachment to him as a player..

Pretty much how I feel about this. There have been plenty of players who have looked the business in the championship and struggled with the step up (which is huge) so at the moment he is still a player where it’s all about potential.

For that reason unless Leeds offer silly money then can’t see us cashing in at this point. I also think this won’t get resolved early on in the window as I am expecting clubs to come after dunk this summer and Duffy may feel it is time to move on so until we know where we stand he won’t be going anywhere.

Even if White started making noises about a move the club have shown before they will not put player request before the interests of the club.

It really is no lose situation for us compared to a very nervy summer for Leeds fans as their player of the season returns to his parent club whilst we decide what we want to do next with him.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
If Ben could score a few goals for Leeds before the season ends we might get £30 million for him.🙄😉😂😂😂😂
Congratulation Ben well done and well done the Albion for helping his career.

stewart_weir

Mar 19, 2017
Im now of the opinion that if it came to it Leeds would find a way to pay. Even if its around £25M with add ons of £10M/20M for a completed first PL season and England appearances. Leeds will want to keep the foundation of their defence. White has had an incredible season with a club who have a huge following and have the history to go with it. I don't see White choosing us over them assuming Leeds offer the money being asked. Of course Liverpool/Man City etc. may well come in which is fine for us but complicates the decision for White.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
If Ben could score a few goals for Leeds before the season ends we might get £30 million for him.������������
Congratulation Ben well done and well done the Albion for helping his career.

Agreed but it is a shame that probably our player of the season currently struts his stuff in the Championship and is unlikely to kick a ball for us, despite having massive potential. What happened to holding on to our best players and developing them? Hopefully, we'll do this but I doubt it.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Given we got the pick of championship defenders last year for £20m, I doubt we’d get anywhere near 40.
Whatever the case, we should definitely keep him. Players of that calibre are so hard to come by and why reinforce one of our rivals?

I agree £40m looks too much, I was just going by the quoted figure. Based on Webster and Mings sale prices last season, £30m is probably not unrealistic though?

It wouldn't be Leeds or a rival buying him though would it? Unless the Saudi's or whoever take over, they're unlikely to be able to afford to buy at that level I would have thought. It would be to the likes of Liverpool or similar if we do sell him who can afford to take a bit of a punt at £30m.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
No way will we sell him to Leeds. He’ll be with us next season working his way into our team. Leeds will probably survive due to the momentum some teams get from a promotion and their playing style but they’ll miss their player of the season who’ll be strutting his stuff for the fabulous BHA.
Also it’s not a sellers market at present. We’ll offer him a long term contract. If he rejects that then we’ll sell him in 12 months to Real Madrid for 60m.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
NSC Patron
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I can’t wait to see the dirty Leeds meltdown when he sings a new 3 year deal with us.

stewart_weir

Mar 19, 2017
No way will we sell him to Leeds. He’ll be with us next season working his way into our team. Leeds will probably survive due to the momentum some teams get from a promotion and their playing style but they’ll miss their player of the season who’ll be strutting his stuff for the fabulous BHA.
Also it’s not a sellers market at present. We’ll offer him a long term contract. If he rejects that then we’ll sell him in 12 months to Real Madrid for 60m.

Im sure if White says he wants to stay with Leeds the club will let go assuming Leeds find the money. Either around £30M or £20M with £10/£20M add ons. I wouldn't ever underestimate the club's ability to extract the most possible. Assuming we keep Dunk whose now had 3 seasons of PL experience the money from White pays for a quality replacement for Murray etc. If I were White I would want to stay at Leeds. Cannot under estimate the experience and connection he will now have with Leeds and he will want to continue there.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Im now of the opinion that if it came to it Leeds would find a way to pay. Even if its around £25M with add ons of £10M/20M for a completed first PL season and England appearances. Leeds will want to keep the foundation of their defence. White has had an incredible season with a club who have a huge following and have the history to go with it. I don't see White choosing us over them assuming Leeds offer the money being asked. Of course Liverpool/Man City etc. may well come in which is fine for us but complicates the decision for White.

Premier League fan more than Brighton fan?

When we have developed quality players, should we immediately look to sell them on to so called bigger clubs? If we can take the likes of Man Utd and The Best Team the World has Ever Seen from Merseyside to the cleaners financially then great. Why roll over to basket case clubs like a Leeds cos they have a bit of history?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Agreed but it is a shame that probably our player of the season currently struts his stuff in the Championship and is unlikely to kick a ball for us, despite having massive potential. What happened to holding on to our best players and developing them? Hopefully, we'll do this but I doubt it.

Have you EVER got up in the morning and thought “what a beautiful day I am feeling really positive about the Albion this morning”?

:lolol:

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
he isn't our player of the season, that honour goes to a 35 year old spaniard. which should tell you how shit the championship is this year. if someone offers you £40M+ for an unproven 22 year old on the back of a fairly ok championship season bite their hands off. i am not familiar with your current defensive set up but you all speak quite highly of what you have and while white has done ok this season he is not the second coming of maldini, he has played against the likes of wells, watkins etc at luton on tuesday nights and not vardy or aguero or at anfield, they will run rings around him, he has done ok but the hype is way over placed. cheers and good luck to him, he's not the kind of player a bottom 8 team need to be staying up. so i hope we wish him well and move on. if he's sub £20m maybe he is worth a punt but otherwise thanks for the memories.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
If it had to come to a choice sell Dunk or sell White who would people choose. Dunk is older but has held the place together and I am not sure there is any really evidence he wants to go and has proved time and time again his value. I would keep Dunk...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here