Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ben White - Sings new FOUR year deal.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Hope he scores against them next season and sends them back down :albion2: Whilst kissing the badge would be even funnier (but sadly won't happen these days).

It might do because they'd have booed him all game.

Classless northern goons.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
An article here says that GP states that he has more than enough defenders and that another would be surplus to requirement.
They say that he could be letting him stay at Leeds for the right price.
Liverpool were sniffing around as well.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
An article here says that GP states that he has more than enough defenders and that another would be surplus to requirement.

I would love to see a link to where GP said that. Goes against everything that I have read from him about White

Was the article written by a Leeds fan perchance?

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
They say that he could be letting him stay at Leeds for the right price.
Liverpool were sniffing around as well.
Maybe the context of GP's quote is that we have both White and Clarke joining the squad so it is clear that we have a surplus.

It doesn't necessarily mean he wants to get rid of White.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Maybe the context of GP's quote is that we have both White and Clarke joining the squad so it is clear that we have a surplus.

It doesn't necessarily mean he wants to get rid of White.

Derby have been reported to be interested in taking Clarke back on loan next season. I would imagine we'd probably be interested too.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Derby have been reported to be interested in taking Clarke back on loan next season. I would imagine we'd probably be interested too.

Really?

Players don’t often return to a club they’ve previously been on loan with. Look at someone like Jesse Lingard who was schooled at four Championship clubs, they need variety and different challenges.

My concern would be that Clarke could be indoctrinated in the ‘Derby Way’.

Is he too good for the Championship like White? If he is not to be in our 1st team squad, it might be that he is loaned elsewhere, I hear that Leeds Utd will be a centre back short for next season!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Really?

Players don’t often return to a club they’ve previously been on loan with. Look at someone like Jesse Lingard who was schooled at four Championship clubs, they need variety and different challenges.

Is he too good for the Championship like White? If he is not to be in our 1st team squad, it might be that he is loaned elsewhere, I hear that Leeds Utd will be a centre back short for next season!

Liam Rosenior could be a big factor in that. And from what I can see not too much difference from what Derby are doing and what we are

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Really?

Lingard is a strange one, he seemed to have lots of short term loan deals, all monthly or 3 month deals (when they existed) and no season or half season loans, he was in and out of Man Utd's match day squad around each loan move too.

I know it's rarer for a player to return to a club, we've had a few in the past play of us multiple times, Matt Richards is one that spring to mind immediately.

We've had Walton out at Wigan for two consecutive seasons, so it's not unheard of, obviously we were happy with his development there and they'd been promoted to it was a progressive move in terms of playing levels. There isn't much further up we can send Clarke without loaning him to another Premier League side, Derby will no doubt be towards the top end of the Championship before tailing off towards the end of the season, again. As [MENTION=3462]Springal[/MENTION] mentions they've also got Liam Rosenior as a first team coach so we know he's got at least one very good person around him that we can trust.

Last edited:

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Ben White starting in DM today, according to the Leeds Twitter feed anyways.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Ben White starting in DM today, according to the Leeds Twitter feed anyways.

He struggled in the game he played there just before lockdown (when Phillips was suspended). Moved back after about 20. Seems daft really but I guess it just shows how good his ball-playing side of the game is.

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
He struggled in the game he played there just before lockdown (when Phillips was suspended). Moved back after about 20. Seems daft really but I guess it just shows how good his ball-playing side of the game is.

Leeds are trying to deliberately de-value him by playing him out of position.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Odds on him being declared shitehouse after a couple games for the Albion next season?

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
what attributes dees a defensive midfielder need that a centre back doesn't?

Going from CB to DM is a lot more difficult that you might think, you do a hell of a lot more running in CM and much more pressure on your passing, when you play CB a lot of the time you can pass the ball out without much pressure.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here