Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ben White - Sings new FOUR year deal.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
NSC Patron
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Dirty Leeds, Brentford, and Derby all said to be interested in Haydon Roberts, and RB Leipzig and Mainz have both scouted him.
According to the Telegraph, I couldn’t read anymore it’s behind a paywall.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Dirty Leeds, Brentford, and Derby all said to be interested in Haydon Roberts, and RB Leipzig and Mainz have both scouted him.
According to the Telegraph, I couldn’t read anymore it’s behind a paywall.

Bound to be interest. He's quality.

Can't see us selling though. I think he only signed a new deal in the summer? Get him a loan move to a decent-sized Championship club.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
NSC Patron
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Bound to be interest. He's quality.

Can't see us selling though. I think he only signed a new deal in the summer? Get him a loan move to a decent-sized Championship club.

That’ll be the dirties then.

Hopefully :lolol:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Agent White doing a good job so far today. He will fit in well when back

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Having watched the first half of the Leeds v Stoke game I'm wondering what all the fuss is about Leeds.
They look very average and will need a lot of upgrading if they do get promoted and want to stay there.

I've seen all the highlight clips of Ben White but so far today I'm not witnessing anything amazing.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Having watched the first half of the Leeds v Stoke game I'm wondering what all the fuss is about Leeds.
They look very average and will need a lot of upgrading if they do get promoted and want to stay there.

I've seen all the highlight clips of Ben White but so far today I'm not witnessing anything amazing.

I've been saying this all along. Patrick Bamford is their main striker currently. He has struggled massively in the Premier League before. Their main creative player, Hernandez, is about 35 too so probably won't play every game.

Their main trump card is Bielsa. It will be interesting to see how he does in his first Premier League season, assuming they come up.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004

he isn't amazing, he has done a decent championship job against championship level strikers, (and there are some really awful front lines down there this season) no more no less. the likes of salah, ageuro, vardy will run rings around him.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
wrong thread

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
he isn't amazing, he has done a decent championship job against championship level strikers, (and there are some really awful front lines down there this season) no more no less. the likes of salah, ageuro, vardy will run rings around him.

Might be worth telling a few of your own fans........[emoji23][emoji23]

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM

He's very very good for a player in his first season of championship football. He will be in our squad next season I have no doubt unless someone comes up with ridiculous money from a top 6 side.

We paid damn near 20 million for Webster from the Championship for a player a few years older than White. Who has played a similar amount of football.

I'm beginning to think you are just trying to put us off and get him for cheap.... but anyone who watched him play for the u23s on numerous occasions like I did know he is quality.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I'm beginning to think you are just trying to put us off and get him for cheap.... but anyone who watched him play for the u23s on numerous occasions like I did know he is quality.

His game for Newport where he almost nullified Kane completely is an example of him being able to step up. This was in 2018. He is surely a much better player now.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
How many games did we win 5-0 in our promotion season?

We won SEVEN home games by 3 goals or more:

3-0 v Forest
3-0 v Rotherham
5-0 v Norwich
3-0 v QPR
4-1 v Burton
3-0 v Reading
3-0 v Derby

Leeds have won 5 by that margin (with 4 games to play)

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells

Hey Starry, you do know it’s not us the fans who set the fee for him, yeah? There’s no point having little digs at him - wayward heading etc - just to make him sound average and so hope the fee magically drops.

Just checking though, as it seems a lot of Leeds fans think they’ll flourish in the Prem next season, are you expecting it to be as easy as that?

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
nah, i have commented multiple times on this thread about white.

i'd be hacked off if leeds thought spending $30m+ on an unproven 22 year old who has had one ok season against a load of shit teams was good business.

he has done ok for us, nothing more. thank him for a job nicely done and wave him back off down the m1.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
nah, i have commented multiple times on this thread about white.

i'd be hacked off if leeds thought spending $30m+ on an unproven 22 year old who has had one ok season against a load of shit teams was good business.

he has done ok for us, nothing more. thank him for a job nicely done and wave him back off down the m1.

You've got hell of a summer then - hope there is some deep pockets because if you're best player is an ok / unproven 22 year old what are the rest?

Sounds like Fulham / Villa all over again

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
and as for the prem, i don't think it is as just flourishing, but to be honest i'm not even sure i want us to sit around that table and those teams with all their corporate shite. i am fortunate to be old enough to have seen leeds at the top of the pile and while the football in the last 6 or so years has been far from pretty it has been more fun than matteo's goal in the san siro and all those times.

i'm ok where we are!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here