Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ben White - Sings new FOUR year deal.

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
STOP!

My morning:

erection1.jpg

erection2.jpg

erection3.jpg

erection4.jpg

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
The general theme of the delusion is that, outside of the top 6, the standard in the Premier League is comparable with the Championship. It's likely to be fun when reality hits them!

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
I keep wondering when we should close the deluded Leeds Fans thread, and then every day something like that pops up. Unbelievable - for anyone not on Twitter, this is just a selection................

Have we ever been pummelled under Bielsa? I can't think of such a match.Even games where we've lost by 2 goals or more, we created many chances and on a different day could have drawn or won.Why do you think it will change now?

Top ten Phil. Bielsa is twice the manager compared to some of these also rans. Squad strength no where near as much of a factor as people think. Without a decent manager at the helm it doesn't matter.

Realistically, I'd be happy with a comfortable 10th-12th. Build for next season and start pushing on then. We're gonna have to get used to not winning almost every game

I can see us doing a Villa, with Orta unplugging the GDS and VAR before every game lol But seriously I think we’ll surprise some people and be comfortable in mid table

With a decent replacement for ben white i reckon around 12th

Top Half I think we will take some teams by surprise by our fitness, but this isn’t just any team coming up from promotion this is a Bielsa side. The fact our defence record is very good will help help us too

Rodrigo must think that European football is possible with Leeds, and that we're not gonna be involved in a relegation battle ... otherwise, why come?

50 - 55 points would be a very good season

I can honestly see a lot of teams struggling with our game/Bielsaball in the first season so top half. My concern is the second season, especially if we're all crying cos God has left

....with the very occasional sensible fan............

Said it plenty of times come next may il be happy with 17th on GD as long as we stay up. Think some fans are forgetting just how much of a step up the premier league actually is.

I can't help thinking the signings will be a massive factor. If we go with current squad then we will be relegated imo. Without White it's weaker than last season.

Wow just wow

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
The general theme of the delusion is that, outside of the top 6, the standard in the Premier League is comparable with the Championship. It's likely to be fun when reality hits them!

They say that because they want it to be true. It allows them to believe that beating Luton and Barnsley is a real achievement for Bielsa. What they forget to do is compare the players in these teams (and squad members) with their equivalents at West Ham, Burnley, Everton, Brighton etc.
The only other set of promoted fans who arrived in the big boys league with similar deluded arrogance in recent years was Villa last season. leeds fans will learn a harsh lesson and as they do not have a Grealish to save the day I am predicting relegation for the whippet botherers.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Ben White

Hi Leeds lurkers!

What’s this news I hear?

It’s gotta be fake news right? Help me understand what’s going on, we all know, sorry, EVERYONE knows Ben wants to leave us. I mean, I mean, he turned down those 3 contracts omg?

What’s going on. Talk to me.

@%1; @%1; @%1; I’m here for you, anytime.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
They say that because they want it to be true. It allows them to believe that beating Luton and Barnsley is a real achievement for Bielsa. What they forget to do is compare the players in these teams (and squad members) with their equivalents at West Ham, Burnley, Everton, Brighton etc.

'Ah yes, but don't forget we played Bielsaball against Arsenal in the FA Cup and were mesmerising!'

Arsenal 1 Leeds 0

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
The tweet below that from Phil Hay is asking where Leeds will finish. Now I am not advocating that Brighton fans derail the vote, as that would be an awful thing to do but relegation battle is one of the options.

https://twitter.com/PhilHay_/status/1298931697334005761

I wish we had the online presence to affect this poll :lol:

On a more serious note, I know a number of people on here probably hate social media and hate the idea of having a strong social media presence.

Social media in the grand scheme of things is a double edged sword.

The negative is that I it can be very addictive and unhealthy (particularly for mental health).
My advice for anyone feeling the negative effects is to take a break and limit your time on social media, and try to have a purpose for being there that is meaningful for you.

The positive is that it can connect us, it can be used to share ideas and has influence.
And promote the club to a worldwide audience, which is more important than ever in this day an age.

Anyway, long story short I wish we had a a strong online following that could really get behind players (yes they love social media and the buzz of celebrity), and help make our stories trend, reach new potential supporters in places all over the world.
Of course it's not easy, and a lot relies on results and exciting players etc. BUT it is 100% part of a club's growth these days.

*again, I know there's a bunch of people who HATE the idea of this for various reasons.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
'Ah yes, but don't forget we played Bielsaball against Arsenal in the FA Cup and were mesmerising!'

Arsenal 1 Leeds 0

Indeed. It also nicely confirms their living in the past status. It’s true that when they last had a team playing at elite level the FA Cup was a tournament that clubs tried to win from the 3rd round onwards. These days that only happens if they accidentally make it through to the QF.
leeds just don’t have any quality. They used to have a fantastic centre back who made their team tick. Unfortunately, I think due to some admin oversight they transferred him for free to the Albion. C’est la vie as leeds fans would say.

brighton26fareham

Jul 23, 2009
fareham
ben white

Not confusing at all. A fanbase constructed entirely of utter bellends.

Cant call them bellends I got swamped with abuse on twitter for suggesting that I was called a racist mind you I did post a picture of Cantana to wind them up,the sense of entitlement is beyond a joke,as other posters have said all replies come back with x rated replies or homophobic abuse or suggesting a nitrate explosion to blow us all up

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

On a more serious note, I know a number of people on here probably hate social media and hate the idea of having a strong social media presence.

The negative is that I it can be very addictive and unhealthy (particularly for mental health).
My advice for anyone feeling the negative effects is to take a break and limit your time on social media, and try to have a purpose for being there that is meaningful for you.

The positive is that it can connect us, it can be used to share ideas and has influence.
And promote the club to a worldwide audience, which is more important than ever in this day an age.

Anyway, long story short I wish we had a a strong online following that could really get behind players (yes they love social media and the buzz of celebrity), and help make our stories trend, reach new potential supporters in places all over the world.
Of course it's not easy, and a lot relies on results and exciting players etc. BUT it is 100% part of a club's growth these days.

*again, I know there's a bunch of people who HATE the idea of this for various reasons.

tenor.gif

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

I always say when people don't like social media that ultimately it's what you make of it. On Twitter I mostly follow a load of people who make jokes about cricket and it's great.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Bit behind. Just seen the barber quote. Sure its been covered
“The whole point of him going out on loan was to develop him in League Two, League One, the Championship.

“Leeds did a fantastic job in helping us develop him."

:lolol:Wonderful BANTZ

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here