Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ben White - Sings new FOUR year deal.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Liverpool 8 (Eight) - 0 Leeds United

Salah 4, 16, 52
Mane 5, 8
Firmino 37, 72
Bamford (og) 89

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Reading some of the replies on those tweets, and some posts over on Reddit, and I can't see how Leeds fans are so entrenched in this idea we're dead certs for relegation. It can't just be arrogance?

I don't doubt we'll once again be in the relegation conversation but they just seem so convinced. Confusing :shrug:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Liverpool 8 (Eight) - 0 Leeds United

Salah 4, 16, 52
Mane 5, 8
Firmino 37, 72
Bamford (og) 89

This is ridiculous frankly, and totally unbelievable. As if Bamford scores at either end.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
I so wish!![

QUOTE=Bry Nylon;9478722]Liverpool 8 (Eight) - 0 Leeds United

Salah 4, 16, 52
Mane 5, 8
Firmino 37, 72
Bamford (og) 89[/QUOTE]

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
There are some wonderful replies, hard to tell which ones are sent with tongue in cheek.

My favourite being "at least they aren't selling to one of our top six rivals."

The tweet below that from Phil Hay is asking where Leeds will finish. Now I am not advocating that Brighton fans derail the vote, as that would be an awful thing to do but relegation battle is one of the options.

https://twitter.com/PhilHay_/status/1298931697334005761

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Reading some of the replies on those tweets, and some posts over on Reddit, and I can't see how Leeds fans are so entrenched in this idea we're dead certs for relegation. It can't just be arrogance?

I don't doubt we'll once again be in the relegation conversation but they just seem so convinced. Confusing :shrug:

Not confusing at all. A fanbase constructed entirely of utter bellends.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
What's with the chap in the comments banging on about splitting into "Brighton FC" and "Hove FC"? Have I missed a memo somewhere? Is this the new Korea divide? Have we got so fed up with Palace we're having to form our own rival?
Yep. What on earth?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
What's with the chap in the comments banging on about splitting into "Brighton FC" and "Hove FC"? Have I missed a memo somewhere? Is this the new Korea divide? Have we got so fed up with Palace we're having to form our own rival?
Very odd.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The tweet below that from Phil Hay is asking where Leeds will finish. Now I am not advocating that Brighton fans derail the vote, as that would be an awful thing to do but relegation battle is one of the options.

Wow, only 7% expect a relegation battle and I bet most of those votes weren’t by Leeds fans :lolol:

30% expecting top half.

Deluded doesn’t begin to cover it

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
What’s this news?

Ben White’s signing a new long term deal with us?

Huh. I’m confused. But, but, I thought he wanted to leave, “everyone knew that”, right @%1; and other Leeds fans? I thought he’d turned down lots of contracts?

Has to be fake news. Riiiight guys?

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London

Christ, 5 times as many fans think they'll get top six than be in a relegation battle.

Just for the sake of comparison - 5 times as many of our fans think we'll finish 11th-14th than in the top ten.

Talk about deluded.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Can't understand how Ben White can sign an extended deal with us, he is Leeds through and through? once signed though, I think we should put an offer in for Kalvin Philips, just so he can spend more time with his bestie, in Brighton. #FreeKalvin

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

I keep wondering when we should close the deluded Leeds Fans thread, and then every day something like that pops up. Unbelievable - for anyone not on Twitter, this is just a selection................

Have we ever been pummelled under Bielsa? I can't think of such a match.Even games where we've lost by 2 goals or more, we created many chances and on a different day could have drawn or won.Why do you think it will change now?

Top ten Phil. Bielsa is twice the manager compared to some of these also rans. Squad strength no where near as much of a factor as people think. Without a decent manager at the helm it doesn't matter.

Realistically, I'd be happy with a comfortable 10th-12th. Build for next season and start pushing on then. We're gonna have to get used to not winning almost every game

I can see us doing a Villa, with Orta unplugging the GDS and VAR before every game lol But seriously I think we’ll surprise some people and be comfortable in mid table

With a decent replacement for ben white i reckon around 12th

Top Half I think we will take some teams by surprise by our fitness, but this isn’t just any team coming up from promotion this is a Bielsa side. The fact our defence record is very good will help help us too

Rodrigo must think that European football is possible with Leeds, and that we're not gonna be involved in a relegation battle ... otherwise, why come?

50 - 55 points would be a very good season

I can honestly see a lot of teams struggling with our game/Bielsaball in the first season so top half. My concern is the second season, especially if we're all crying cos God has left

....with the very occasional sensible fan............

Said it plenty of times come next may il be happy with 17th on GD as long as we stay up. Think some fans are forgetting just how much of a step up the premier league actually is.

I can't help thinking the signings will be a massive factor. If we go with current squad then we will be relegated imo. Without White it's weaker than last season.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

Very odd.

He replied when asked to explain.

Screenshot 2020-08-27 at 14.42.18.png

marcos3263

Oct 29, 2009
Fishersgate and Proud
We all like to dream, to imagine we can rise out of our respective positions, some dream of a lottery win, some dream of a larger penis, some just want to get home on time.

However the delusional and arrogant wittering of many of their fans is actually quite scary.

I met a Pompy fan yesterday (full kit wanker with doormat, picture of the ground on the wall, scarfs on display etc.) and we quickly established that he hates Brighton but mainly that he is Pompy through and through. However as loyal as he is he at least still knew they were shite and knew he belonged in Div 2

oh, but he hated Leeds so we bonded.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I keep wondering when we should close the deluded Leeds Fans thread, and then every day something like that pops up. Unbelievable - for anyone not on Twitter, this is just a selection................

Have we ever been pummelled under Bielsa? I can't think of such a match.Even games where we've lost by 2 goals or more, we created many chances and on a different day could have drawn or won.Why do you think it will change now?

Top ten Phil. Bielsa is twice the manager compared to some of these also rans. Squad strength no where near as much of a factor as people think. Without a decent manager at the helm it doesn't matter.

Realistically, I'd be happy with a comfortable 10th-12th. Build for next season and start pushing on then. We're gonna have to get used to not winning almost every game

I can see us doing a Villa, with Orta unplugging the GDS and VAR before every game lol But seriously I think we’ll surprise some people and be comfortable in mid table

With a decent replacement for ben white i reckon around 12th

Top Half I think we will take some teams by surprise by our fitness, but this isn’t just any team coming up from promotion this is a Bielsa side. The fact our defence record is very good will help help us too

Rodrigo must think that European football is possible with Leeds, and that we're not gonna be involved in a relegation battle ... otherwise, why come?

50 - 55 points would be a very good season

I can honestly see a lot of teams struggling with our game/Bielsaball in the first season so top half. My concern is the second season, especially if we're all crying cos God has left

....with the very occasional sensible fan............

Said it plenty of times come next may il be happy with 17th on GD as long as we stay up. Think some fans are forgetting just how much of a step up the premier league actually is.

I can't help thinking the signings will be a massive factor. If we go with current squad then we will be relegated imo. Without White it's weaker than last season.

These are the supporters that 16 years ago expected to bounce straight back out of the second tier, but stunk it out for a couple of seasons before leaving it via relegation.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Has to be taking the piss, no one is that stupid

Dunno about that, he's just said lightning doesn't exist.

[TWEET]1298978952229183493[/TWEET]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here