Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ben White - Sings new FOUR year deal.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
A Sky Transfer Centre update an hour ago. Full of praise for Bielsa, intimating he’s a genius for identifying Ben White 15 months ago as THE future for Leeds. Possibly bollocks. White was just one of several Leeds recruits last summer, if Bielsa was so visionary, why didn’t he bid a few million to buy White then, instead of waiting until he’s worth the best part of £50m and not for sale?

9748929F-2630-4003-8E47-659103A3022C.png

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
A Sky Transfer Centre update an hour ago. Full of praise for Bielsa, intimating he’s a genius for identifying Ben White 15 months ago as THE future for Leeds. Possibly bollocks. White was just one of several Leeds recruits last summer, if Bielsa was so visionary, why didn’t he bid a few million to buy White then, instead of waiting until he’s worth the best part of £50m and not for sale?

View attachment 127199

Written by a (delusional) leeds fan.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
A good rule of thumb with Alan 'Boss of Goss' Nixon is to read what he has written, chuckle quietly and then assume the exact opposite to be true. When it comes to transfer rumours, very few people know anything at all.

Just looked him up and it’s amazing how successful his fishing trips are, especially in the north.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Tickled to see how excited Leeds fans have got over that Mail article, suggesting Potter "wants to see White in pre-season", which has inevitably been greeted with lots of angry Yorkshiremen tweeting "he doesn't rate yer, Ben, come 'ere where yer wanted", and "what a ****ing insult to Ben White, no wonder 'e wants ter leave".

Yes, lads, because a man with a Masters in emotional intelligence is going to treat a talented player EXACTLY like that, isn't he? "White, boy? Well I've no bloody idea but you'd better be good or you'll be running laps of that pitch before I let you anywhere near my hoofball gameplan for the rest of the squad". No, he's going to do what he does with every player and sit down with him individually, to discuss their hopes and fears and aims for the season, and explain where that player fits into that.

Also, what self-respecting manager guarantees any player a starting spot, ever? All this flannel from up north about White not being guaranteed to start here: damn right he's not. Surely you'd expect every player in the squad, no matter how good, to have to earn their place. Jeez, if Virgil Van Dijk arsed his way through pre-season, I wouldn't expect Klopp to automatically start him in their first game. Potter's apparent attitude towards White is not disrespectful to him, or anyone else, and frankly if he's the sort of decent lad everyone says he is, then he'll totally understand that.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Tickled to see how excited Leeds fans have got over that Mail article, suggesting Potter "wants to see White in pre-season", which has inevitably been greeted with lots of angry Yorkshiremen tweeting "he doesn't rate yer, Ben, come 'ere where yer wanted", and "what a ****ing insult to Ben White, no wonder 'e wants ter leave".

Yes, lads, because a man with a Masters in emotional intelligence is going to treat a talented player EXACTLY like that, isn't he? "White, boy? Well I've no bloody idea but you'd better be good or you'll be running laps of that pitch before I let you anywhere near my hoofball gameplan for the rest of the squad". No, he's going to do what he does with every player and sit down with him individually, to discuss their hopes and fears and aims for the season, and explain where that player fits into that.

Also, what self-respecting manager guarantees any player a starting spot, ever? All this flannel from up north about White not being guaranteed to start here: damn right he's not. Surely you'd expect every player in the squad, no matter how good, to have to earn their place. Jeez, if Virgil Van Dijk arsed his way through pre-season, I wouldn't expect Klopp to automatically start him in their first game. Potter's apparent attitude towards White is not disrespectful to him, or anyone else, and frankly if he's the sort of decent lad everyone says he is, then he'll totally understand that.

Quite. There is just the smallest chance that Potter (MSc) has thought to explain this to Ben White.........probably along the lines of...

-pleased to have you back young man (in best Cloughie voice)
-well done on a brilliant season with Leeds, obviously they love you as you got them promoted
-the PL is a bit different though mate, I need to see how you shape up against all the experienced CBs I already have
-100% sure there is a place in the squad for you, but don’t be disheartened if you have a few games on the bench, particularly early on, as you’ll take a while to adjust. Bamford is no Mo Salah.
-I’ll talk to Paul and Tony about a new contract before the season starts........it’ll be a lot better
-Leeds haven’t signed anyone and Bielsa is on his way out so I wouldn’t event think about going back there. Think of it as a useful training course, that’s all.......
-house in Worthing looks nice by the way [emoji106]

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009

I am particularly enjoying the tweets along the lines of
' E's been working with t'best coach in t'world all season but 'Arry Potter reckons 'e needs a look at 'im'.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016

Bielsa was offered White for 18/19, but declined. Hardly a visionary if he didn’t see it then is he?

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Bielsa was offered White for 18/19, but declined. Hardly a visionary if he didn’t see it then is he?

Yet, strangely, I read on twitter earlier that Bielsa scouted him at Newport County.
I hope those Leeds fans aren't making things up to suit their agenda.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
That isn’t a fact though. That’s still opinion.

March’s SHOT against Wigan, won us the game that saw us promoted to the Premier League. That is a fact.

The confidence/ability to have a pop does appear to be returning slowly . . . March hasn't shown his early potential at the highest level yet (IMO) . . . If he ever will we just don't know.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Ben White

Yet, strangely, I read on twitter earlier that Bielsa scouted him at Newport County.

That’s precisely what they’re doing. Just creating narratives and passing it on as fact, conversations. Ultimatums. Contract rejections. Discussions between player and agent, player and manager. Pure fantasy.

Really is something to behold this. There’s probably a psychological term for this behaviour.

tiberious

Nov 3, 2009
The earth
That’s precisely what they’re doing. Just creating narratives and passing it on as fact, conversations. Ultimatums. Contract rejections. Discussions between player and agent, player and manager. Pure fantasy.

Really is something to behold this. There’s probably a psychological term for this behaviour.

Yes its called being a Yorkshire man,.. ' like what they say,,,say what they bloody like'

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom

Leeds enquired about White before the Peterborough loan. Leeds backroom staff were impressed when he played for Newport against Leeds in the FA cup. Brighton were originally planned White to go to a league 1 side, but we're open to the possibility of Leeds. Bielsa was not sure so the loan did not go ahead, but it lead to Leeds being one of 2 clubs shortlisted for a possible loan last season.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The confidence/ability to have a pop does appear to be returning slowly . . . March hasn't shown his early potential at the highest level yet (IMO) . . . If he ever will we just don't know.

What that lad needs is thirty seconds in Bielsa's company: the Ballon D'Or will follow.

BigRed

May 22, 2020

Bielsa didn’t decline white he declined any additional centre backs as he likes a small squad he had 3 cb’s & the rest from the academy. He sold Jannson in the summer & that left space for another he wanted white

BigRed

May 22, 2020

Bielsa didn’t scout white the club were aware of him after the Newport game in the fa cup

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Leeds enquired about White before the Peterborough loan. Leeds backroom staff were impressed when he played for Newport against Leeds in the FA cup. Brighton were originally planned White to go to a league 1 side, but we're open to the possibility of Leeds. Bielsa was not sure so the loan did not go ahead, but it lead to Leeds being one of 2 clubs shortlisted for a possible loan last season.
I think the club need to review their loan club shortlisting.

The way Leeds have behaved whilst knowing that a loan-to-buy was refused, and then not taking our not-for-sale notice seriously has been very poor.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Bielsa didn’t scout white the club were aware of him after the Newport game in the fa cup

He was being scouted by Liverpool and Tottenham even before his Newport loan. Every club outside the Premier League would have wanted him on loan this time last season and every team in the country has been aware of him for years. Give it a rest.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
I think the club need to review their loan club shortlisting.

The way Leeds have behaved whilst knowing that a loan-to-buy was refused, and then not taking our not-for-sale notice seriously has been very poor.

But if Bielsa has made White's signing a condition of his own, you can understand why they are reluctant to concede.

At least now they can tell him they tried but it was impossible.

I've no problem with the club, but their fans.....tossers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here