Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ben White - Sings new FOUR year deal.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
“Leeds United have turned their attention to Germany and Freiburg defender Robin Koch, 24, with a deal for their top target, Brighton's centre-back Ben White, 22, increasingly unlikely.” (Telegraph - subscription required)

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
50 big ones!! We definitely need to keep him for a season!

Essentially, that’s what the article says we plan to do.

“Brighton do not want to sell, and it would take an offer in excess of £50m to even tempt them to consider doing a deal.

SunSport understands they feel the market is depressed this summer because of the impact of Covid-19.

And they believe he will be worth much more next year after a campaign in the Premier League with them.

Instead boss Graham Potter wants White to form a powerful-looking back three alongside Adam Webster and Lewis Dunk, another player who has attracted attention from Chelsea.”

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
1a2f121ceab43567a8c1b4c93dad7e6a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just about to post that too https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/12418521/ben-white-transfer-brighton-manchester-united-liverpoool-chelsea/

have they actually bid 30 Million? or more BS?

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Well bugger me. I never thought I'd see an Albion player with a £50m + price tag. :ohmy:

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
1a2f121ceab43567a8c1b4c93dad7e6a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sun sports editor " we need a story"
Reporter " well as can go with Dunk to Chelsea "
Editor " we done that today, who's the other one at Brighton that Leeds want? "
Reporter " Ben White, Liverpool interested as well"
Editor " that's the one, spice it up a bit add Chelsea and now Man United after tonight's defeat"

Leeds fans will push for Liverpool, as they believe that he will be loaned back to Leeds even though they have been told that is not allowed. Leeds will get him next season after taking Liverpool's title.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Just read the article, It said Leeds made 2 bids, we know one was for £20 million the other was for £22 million plus add on's, where do they get the £30 million plus add one's of £5 million?

The 30 million bid that was mentioned on social media then confirmed not to have happened I assume

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
If I had a degree in emotional intelligence and a development squad/ facilities that seem to be churning out classy players hand over hand... and with a billionaire backer that trusted my decisions and ability both financially and emotionally I’d be tempted to...oh I don’t know...**** with an elderly argentine idealist who seems to be linking his future with players he can neither afford or develop. And the way I’d do it would be to signal (to a team who we are likely to need a slight edge over in the coming months) that the player who they credit for single handedly giving them the championship is, perhaps, not quite good enough for the Premier League and needs to wait in line for his chance at the Albion...I’d dangle Ben White in front of those Yorkie subbies like a virgins chastity at a stag night. Of course I’d make sure he was absolutely contractually bound hand and foot first. But I’m sure Tony and Dan have that nailed down tighter than grannies drawers.

I’d then just sit and read WACCOE with a cigar.

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Possible £50 million for a player that never played a league match for us, incredible. We are now big time.
Who was the player we brought, and sold a few weeks later to a Scottish team for a profit?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Possible £50 million for a player that never played a league match for us, incredible. We are now big time.
Who was the player we brought, and sold a few weeks later to a Scottish team for a profit?

It's a story that is designed to drive traffic to the site. Classic re-top.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006

We sold Adam Virgo to Celtic for £1m.

He was in the Holligdean that season having not featured ONCE and was taking £10k a week.

He bought my Rolex.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Funnily enough I was reading about that Italian bloke “Rizlarips” or whatever his name is telling us that UNDER NO CIRCUSTANCES are the mighty going to “do a Fulham” and spunk £150million on players to stay up.

With Ben they’d be halfway there on one CB.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here