Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ben White - Sings new FOUR year deal.

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
I think the club need to review their loan club shortlisting.

The way Leeds have behaved whilst knowing that a loan-to-buy was refused, and then not taking our not-for-sale notice seriously has been very poor.

A lot of due diligence goes into deciding what league and what club players are Sent to. I posted on this thread how Whites loans came about. Obviously once a loan is in place there is a lot that clubs can do and recommend to safeguard their player unfortunately once the loan has ended it is out of the club's hands. Leeds as a club have conducted themselves well, they want White and have taken the correct action by submitting a bid. The Leeds fans, former players and media however have acted like knobs. This will all count against any future loan to Leeds not just by Brighton but also other clubs. Part of that due diligence is looking at how players are treated once the loan has finished.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
But if Bielsa has made White's signing a condition of his own, you can understand why they are reluctant to concede.

At least now they can tell him they tried but it was impossible.

I've no problem with the club, but their fans.....tossers.

He has resigned after two days at a club because they didnt get the transfers done he wanted. So they are going to at least show they made an effort.

This also looks really bad on Leeds as a potential club to loan players to.

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Bielsa didn’t decline white he declined any additional centre backs as he likes a small squad he had 3 cb’s & the rest from the academy. He sold Jannson in the summer & that left space for another he wanted white

Leeds enquired about White in August 2018, this was around the time Tottenham were supposedly intrested. Brighton were open to this, although the original plans were to loan to a league 1 team. It was Bielsa who turned it down at the time, citing that he believed White was not ready.

I know that sounds hard to believe, as Bielsa is God according to Leeds fans.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Leeds enquired about White in August 2018, this was around the time Tottenham were supposedly intrested. Brighton were open to this, although the original plans were to loan to a league 1 team. It was Bielsa who turned it down at the time, citing that he believed White was not ready.

I know that sounds hard to believe, as Bielsa is God according to Leeds fans.

To be fair, it’s quite possible that Bielsa was right, and that White, a year younger and only blessed with experience two leagues below, was NOT quite ready for their level. That’s completely fair enough.

(Of course BRIGHTON deciding a year ago, that having only played two leagues below, was not quite ready for our level, is just proof that we didn’t rate him, want him or care about him...)

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Leeds (the club) are just doing what any club would do in the circumstances. They want the player, they offer money, the offer gets rejected, they come back with another one. Every club knows that no in the football transfer world doesn't always mean no. They probably think that by upping it to a laughable £20m or so, we might change our minds. They're entitled to ask us.

As for the stuff spouted by their staff: that's just them trying to keep fans onside, isn't it? They've not signed anybody of note yet so they're keeping people interested by telling them that negotiations are "still ongoing" when all that's happened is that the Albion rejected their bid. It distracts from the fact they still haven't signed a striker for starters.

Leeds fans have been whoppers here: their club just seems to have done what football clubs do.

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Leeds (the club) are just doing what any club would do in the circumstances. They want the player, they offer money, the offer gets rejected, they come back with another one. Every club knows that no in the football transfer world doesn't always mean no. They probably think that by upping it to a laughable £20m or so, we might change our minds. They're entitled to ask us.

As for the stuff spouted by their staff: that's just them trying to keep fans onside, isn't it? They've not signed anybody of note yet so they're keeping people interested by telling them that negotiations are "still ongoing" when all that's happened is that the Albion rejected their bid. It distracts from the fact they still haven't signed a striker for starters.

Leeds fans have been whoppers here: their club just seems to have done what football clubs do.

Exactly, I would also go along with Bielsa not signing his contract is partly due to not getting the players he wants. As much as they want White they believe they need Bielsa more. They need to show that they are doing all they can to keep him.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
It will be interesting to see the reaction of Leeds fans when they see pictures of Ben training in his shiny new Albion training kit!

A predict a few nasty comments tbh.

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC

Definitely agree regarding the Leeds staff trying to keep the rabid Leeds fans on-side (and specifically Angus Kinnear).
But I don't think they are being truthful.
I think they've also had a hand in instigating the media, Noel "he should hand in a transfer request" Whelan, possibly the social media campaign etc.

It's embarrassing to see three of their players using the hashtag #FreeHimUp.
That's on the club.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Bielsa didn’t decline white he declined any additional centre backs as he likes a small squad he had 3 cb’s & the rest from the academy. He sold Jannson in the summer & that left space for another he wanted white

Ah Pontus Janssen who we were informed the season we were promoted was Leeds through and through, vastly superior to Dunk in every way.......

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
It will be interesting to see the reaction of Leeds fans when they see pictures of Ben training in his shiny new Albion training kit!

A predict a few nasty comments tbh.

Or the meltdown here if there’s no Dunk, Duffy and White :)

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC

But why did he want him? Couldn't have been because he was already quality...that doesn't fit the narrative at all.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Am I the only one who likes the collar?

Although, I like it when the button is done up.
Gets way too retro when the button is undone.

Nah...they remind me of Puritans when the button is done up for some reason.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
1a2f121ceab43567a8c1b4c93dad7e6a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Ah Pontus Janssen who we were informed the season we were promoted was Leeds through and through, vastly superior to Dunk in every way.......

From what the Leeds fans say, the reason they got rid was that he did not agree about allowing Villa to walk the ball in. It was Janssen would tried to make the tackle to stop the goal, then when the ball went in he kicked off. Apparently you don't go against what Bielsa says

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here