Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ben White - Sings new FOUR year deal.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The Leeds **** fans are bloody lucky I am not Tony Bloom.

I'd have issued a statement on the club website by now along the lines that due to the appalling way Leeds have acted during and after the loan of Ben White in undermining his contracted relationship with bhafc we are not selling White to Leeds under any circumstances.

Luckily I am not in charge.

Last edited:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Wonder if the away kit will be modelled by BW a nice all white one with yellow trim. Slowly released on Twitter

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2011
We got promoted with two loan players, Tomori from Chelsea & Pocognoli from West Brom. Both played their part in our winning games.
We didn’t throw hissy fits about them staying with us.

Whilst both of them did OK for us they weren't exactly the bedrock around which our defence was based. But don't get me wrong, I'm not suggesting I agree with anything these poor Leeds fans are saying. More, where people are seeing arrogance and entitlement, I see desperation and a sad clinging to a by gone age. Sort of like the hot girl at school who twenty years later gets turned down by fat divorcees in Oriana's on a cold Tuesday night with no bus fare home. They want to believe that they are back in the big time challenging for silverware and European glory, one of the big boys feared in London, Liverpool and Manchester, but instead find themselves begging for players from #clubslikebrighton and facing the very real likelihood of a relegation battle. So yeah, in anticipation of what their season is likely to bring, I feel a bit sorry for them.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
From Ben White's perspective I would be surprised if he wouldn't be excited about a full time switch to Leeds. He's loved by the fans and one of the first names on the team sheet. At Brighton he has to learn the systems and team mates whereas its all much more familiar at Leeds. Who could blame him really?

It's hard to expect a young, relatively unproven player to make waves with his employers though. If he really really really wanted to go, and expressed this politely and honestly to TB, would they stand in his way? It's not the same situation as us denying moves to Stephens and Dunk before, they were the core of our team and virtually irreplaceable, White remains just a prospect, albeit a tantalisingly special one. I don't think there's any doubt that Leeds will pay over and above the going rate.

Perhaps the big sticking point will simply be that TB will refuse Brighton to be made fools of or seen as weak, and these over-the-top Leeds demands will ultimately and ironically prevent this deal from happening.

And Ben White will soon discover that its just as good at Brighton, if not a lot better :thumbsup:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Great Monday morning clickbait story for the Argus.
I wonder what their angle will be? Daft Leeds fans and Brighton holding firm? I hope so.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

I'd have issued a statement on the club website by now along the lines that due to the appalling way Leeds have acted during and after the loan of Ben White in undermining his contracted relationship with bhafc we are not selling White to Leeds under any circumstances.

I wouldn’t worry. I have a feeling they’ve shot themselves in the foot with their behaviour over all this.

If Tony sells now it looks weak, like he’s been pushed to do it. Not a good look for him or for us as a club.

I can see a move to Chelsea, Spurs or Liverpool having legs. But for various reasons it may work out to be a better move for all parties to happen at the end of next season.

This whole free Ben White silliness will leave the Leeds lot with egg on their face.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
From Ben White's perspective I would be surprised if he wouldn't be excited about a full time switch to Leeds. He's loved by the fans and one of the first names on the team sheet. At Brighton he has to learn the systems and team mates whereas its all much more familiar at Leeds. Who could blame him really?

It's hard to expect a young, relatively unproven player to make waves with his employers though. If he really really really wanted to go, and expressed this politely and honestly to TB, would they stand in his way? It's not the same situation as us denying moves to Stephens and Dunk before, they were the core of our team and virtually irreplaceable, White remains just a prospect, albeit a tantalisingly special one. I don't think there's any doubt that Leeds will pay over and above the going rate.

Perhaps the big sticking point will simply be that TB will refuse Brighton to be made fools of or seen as weak, and these over-the-top Leeds demands will ultimately and ironically prevent this deal from happening.

And Ben White will soon discover that its just as good at Brighton, if not a lot better :thumbsup:

I think one of the biggest issues here is the opp to harm a relegation rival. We have the ability to take their ever present CB, young player of the season and then force them to find and bed in a suitable replacement, at no cost to us at all. Delicious.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Ben White

I think we will stand in his way. This is very different to Dunks situation, where you can see a scenario where we let him go with our blessings to Chelsea.

This point has beaten to death, but it is crucial. Selling Ben White now, unless an exceptionally ludicrous offer, does not make sense financially, at all, 1) to a rival and 2) when his value could quite literally double or treble in a years time.

I agree with you though, that once Ben knuckles down and settles into the team it’ll be exciting for him. Let’s be honest, our players are a step up from this current Leeds squad. Lallana, Dunk, Lamptey, Maupay, Trossard, Mooy. That will surely be more inspiring for a young player.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
Let's get our head round this. Leeds desperately want to buy a young Brighton starlet who spent the season on loan and become their young player of the season and was a massive part of their promotion. Leeds are prepared to part with 22 million for his services. Think about it....The mighty Leeds United want to sign a promising youngster for millions from little ol' Brighton. He is our player and he probably wont move, not to Leeds anyway.

And yet still less than what little ol Brighton paid for Webster.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
If he really really really wanted to go, and expressed this politely and honestly to TB, would they stand in his way?
Yes, unless Leeds came up with a big enough offer - £40M+ might attract TB's interest, with enough add-ons and sell-on clauses.

To those who might respond with stuff like, 'he's not worth that much', 'he has no PL experience', 'he's only played against mickey mouse Championship strikers' - even stuff like 'that's not how the transfer market works, we can't demand that sort of money for an unproved kid' - well, suck this up ; we can set the asking price. if somebody meets it we sell. If not, we don't.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Great Monday morning clickbait story for the Argus.
I wonder what their angle will be? Daft Leeds fans and Brighton holding firm? I hope so.

Id bet on something about a double 'swoop'...... what would be lovely is "seagulls shit on desperate Leeds"

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016

It does them more harm to lead them on. All the time they think they have a chance of getting him, they can't sign other alternatives.

Top quality CBs are in short supply, and other targets might not hang around whilst Leeds are flashing thier knickers at young Ben.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
We have to keep hold of him, he could be the next big thing in English football and can be playing for England soon, although I still don’t get how Dunk hasn’t had many England games yet. Having one, or even two of our academy in the England team would be absolutely brilliant for us and would really be a signal of things to come. It is our club that game him the chance after, I think, Southampton let him go. Our club that has carefully chosen his path through loans. We could have had him in the under 23’s for years, but no, we decided he was good enough for professional football and we allowed him to have loads of invaluable experience. If he’s really that good, then what better way to prove it than in a passing PL team with 3 seasons experience?

I’m getting with excited with our squad now, to get rid of any of our best players would feel like a backwards step. Every season our squad improves and the more excited I get about the next season, and now with fans of other clubs talking about our youngsters, we really are moving up another level.

The future looks bright. Who’s staying? Ben White.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
When Leeds don’t meet our valuation and he either stays or joins a club that does, do you think their fans will turn on him rather than be grateful for the significant help he’s given them in getting them promoted?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
We don’t want to sell him
We don’t have to sell him
We don’t need to sell him

If his career follows the same trajectory as it has so far, we will sell him to a top 4 side at the end of next season for 50 million, if we sold to Leeds now it would be a catastrophic error. Our reputation would be ripped to pieces and any team would know we are a soft touch. Leeds conduct has been abysmal and I would certainly investigate whether he has been tapped up. If I was TB no way would I do business with this absolute shower. Angus Kinnear should be ashamed of himself. A 5yr contract with the option to talk with a top 6 club after one season should ensure that Ben White has the career he deserves.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
When Leeds don’t meet our valuation and he either stays or joins a club that does, do you think their fans will turn on him rather than be grateful for the significant help he’s given them in getting them promoted?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Anything is possible with those goons.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I will give you one "fact" it will be a cold day in hell when anyone ANY CLUB loans a decent player ever again to leeds united to develop them.

I don't know about that but I can't see Brighton lending any players to Leeds in a hurry

Leeds as a club have been fine and acted professionally regarding White, haven’t they? It’s just the fans who are twats.

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
Leeds as a club have been fine and acted professionally regarding White, haven’t they? It’s just the fans who are twats.

Not so sure. Hasnt one of thier directors come out saying if white moves it will be to leeds because he LOVES leeds , the place , the club, his team mates and the fans

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Have they ?

Not convinced.

Where has all the undermining of White's contract status with BHAFC come from ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here