Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ben White - Sings new FOUR year deal.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Have they ?

Not convinced.

Where has all the undermining of White's contract status with BHAFC come from ?

The Leeds Utd media posting click bait articles has been mainly responsible coz they know if will proliferate and generate traffic through their over-entitled fan base.

Leeds as a club have done nothing more than make a bid for a player that they’ve loaned off of us, which they’re perfectly entitled to do.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Any outstanding player holds all the cards. Just one mention by his agent that he will run his contract down he will get what he wants. Is his contract for another year or two.
It would be nice to have a statement from him on how he enjoyed his stay at Leeds and was now looking forward to playing for Brighton

No they don’t. Bloom can legally run his contract down for the next three years. The idea of a billionaire being held to ransom by someone without a full first team league appearance is hilarious. Wobble your head mate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The Leeds Utd media posting click bait articles has been mainly responsible coz they know if will proliferate and generate traffic through their over-entitled fan base.

Leeds as a club have done nothing more than make a bid for a player that they’ve loaned off of us, which they’re perfectly entitled to do.

Not convinced at all about that.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Ben White

These pathetic direct quotes from their MD would indicate, perhaps, it’s more than just a couple of bids.

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/angus-kinnear-ben-white-brighton-18720239

“We have a small competitive advantage there, but ultimately, we’re now going to be fighting with some big names for his signature.”

Why is he talking in public like this about one of our players who is not for sale. Ridiculous!

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
After all the drama of the past couple of weeks, I really think we should create our own 'Free Ben White' campaign....

Ben White really should be free from the stifling, toxic emotional blackmail and extreme bad manners of the Leeds fans attempting to discredit the Club to which he is contracted for the next two years.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
NSC Patron
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Any outstanding player holds all the cards. Just one mention by his agent that he will run his contract down he will get what he wants. Is his contract for another year or two.
It would be nice to have a statement from him on how he enjoyed his stay at Leeds and was now looking forward to playing for Brighton

This is the instagram post White put out after the last game of the season

Having had some time to reflect on what has been the most incredible season, I wanted to take the time to thank everyone associated with Leeds United Football Club, including the incredible supporters.

“No matter what happens from here I will never forget the way you took me in and treated me as one of your own from day one.

The Leeds fans then got all moist cos he says “no matter what happens from here” which they took as code for “ I’ll be back”

As Forrests Mum says” Stupid is as stupid does”

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
After all the drama of the past couple of weeks, I really think we should create our own 'Free Ben White' campaign....

Ben White really should be free from the stifling, toxic emotional blackmail and extreme bad manners of the Leeds fans attempting to discredit the Club to which he is contracted for the next two years.

Nah, let's let the Leeds fans embarrass themselves over all this

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

3 years if we take up the option.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
These pathetic direct quotes from their MD would indicate, perhaps, it’s more than just a couple of bids.

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/angus-kinnear-ben-white-brighton-18720239

Could this be anymore contradictory if it tried...

“ White has never played for Brighton in the league and found himself carted off to Newport County and Peterborough United in the years before United came calling.

Carted !! Really is that what the loan system is called and all about ? There’s me thinking it was called nurturing

White will recognise that lack of faith in Sussex and look to what was put into him by Bielsa.

Obviously, none showing in him by the Albion all these years then....
Doh....

Kinnear said: “Ben is going to be hugely sought-after. It’s one of the risks of doing the type of deal we did. I know supporters say ‘well, why isn’t there an option to buy him”

“The reality was Brighton weren’t prepared to do that, so it was either take the player without an option or don’t take him at all”.

Which tells you, yes you Leeds Fecking United, we, yes We #TeamslikeBrighton are in the fecking driving seat....

He is our player, our asset, and ultimately our decision if we wish to sell him to anyone.....

These comments etc, smack of tapping up.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
NSC Patron
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
The bottom line is , Leeds have bid for him twice, their bids were turned down because they didn’t meet our valuation of the player.

The rest is just noise.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
This is the instagram post White put out after the last game of the season

Having had some time to reflect on what has been the most incredible season, I wanted to take the time to thank everyone associated with Leeds United Football Club, including the incredible supporters.

“No matter what happens from here I will never forget the way you took me in and treated me as one of your own from day one.

The Leeds fans then got all moist cos he says “no matter what happens from here” which they took as code for “ I’ll be back”

As Forrests Mum says” Stupid is as stupid does”

its just a professional, neutral comment isnt it? could easily read it as "bye, thanks for memories".

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Hasn’t both parties got to agree to the option?
I can’t see him agreeing to an extra year if he’s sitting in the stiffs having fallen out with the club.

I would imagine it’s already been agreed when he signed the contract that the club has the right to extend his contract for a further year. I suspect he could as well but wouldn’t need both parties to agree that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
The language “carted off” is great. Remember last year he signed a new contract announced the same day as he was carted off to Leeds for the next stage of his development. All the quotes at the time were about one last development season before he was ready for the first team.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Hasn’t both parties got to agree to the option?
I can’t see him agreeing to an extra year if he’s sitting in the stiffs having fallen out with the club.

It'd be a bit of a pointless option if that was the case. No different to signing a one-year contract.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
its just a professional, neutral comment isnt it? could easily read it as "bye, thanks for memories".

As ambiguous as it could be really. Can be read as a goodbye or a hopefully be back soon depending on how people want to interpret it

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here